Airbus to deliver 114 planes after sanctions are lifted

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Pure crap as always, all of these only to turn attention from the the real hassle, namely to finalising the purchase because of political squabbles from both sides!

Well, there are always after-sales divisions locally or centrally controlled when it comes to maintenance, refurbishment and modernisation of the one-time-divested products. This is always handed down in the contract where to produce spare parts, do the maintenance and care by whom (the only question is whether the buyer may agree with the vendor concerning the rights and how much one is willing to pay).

This is not new, the manufacturing companies always offer the latest solutions to help the products last longer while operating more reliably, it is always a huge challenge of making the most of the product's' lifespan.

A Boeing spokesman said his company received the license this week and would now contact officials in Iran to determine which parts were needed. He said the license covered only components needed to ensure continued safe flight operations of older Boeing planes sold to Iran before the 1979 revolution, and did not allow any discussions about sales of new aircraft to Iran.

"It's very limited," said the spokesman.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2010
looks like iran did some creative financing to get the airbus
deal done before the new u.s. president takes office.

Iran has reached a deal with a foreign leasing company to finance the first 17 jets it plans to buy from Airbus (AIR.PA), breaking a logjam in efforts to import aircraft following the lifting of sanctions, people familiar with the move said.

The deal removes a significant hurdle to securing the first tranche of jets, following uncertainty over financing and political opposition in the United States and Iran, though the sources caution months of talking have thrown up new potential hurdles.
Iranian officials declined to name the lessor involved, but industry sources said in September that Iran was in advanced talks with the United Arab Emirates' Dubai Aerospace about helping to finance the purchase.
"We have a deal to finance the first 17 aircraft," a senior Iranian official told Reuters, without elaborating.
Dubai Aerospace and Airbus both declined to comment.

Under the deal, the leasing company would take over part of Iran's order for dozens of new jetliners and then lease them to the country's flag carrier.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Under the deal, the leasing company would take over part of Iran's order for dozens of new jetliners and then lease them to the country's flag carrier.
So are we finally gonna lease them or own them?

I don't have a good feeling about UAE financers! Everything from football facilities and malls to airplanes is getting financed by them. Once up on a time we could argue Iranian money and financiers built up Dubai! Now they can claim the same about Iran!

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
JCPOA has proven to be a rotten deal for Iran. No banks or insurance companies still do busiensses with Iran because they are afraid of U.S treasury slapping them with fines. the planes look like will not be sold to iran for foreseeable future.

Obama Administration swindled the Iranian government pretty good.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
JCPOA has proven to be a rotten deal for Iran. No banks or insurance companies still do busiensses with Iran because they are afraid of U.S treasury slapping them with fines. the planes look like will not be sold to iran for foreseeable future.

Not if Hillary Clinton had gotten elected! Just like Obama, she would have vetoed what ever $h*t the congress came up with!

As the famous London coffee shop sign said: :D

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field

I don't care about politics ,but I do care about the safety of my compatriots ,my family ,your family ,people we love who use air travel to come and visit you and me .

These hypocrites who preach about human rights and question other countries lack of human rights have deprived 80 million Iranians from safe air travel for decades and now going back on the deal they have signed with so much publicity ...shameful ,disgusting ,criminal .

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Not if Hillary Clinton had gotten elected! Just like Obama, she would have vetoed what ever $h*t the congress came up with!

As the famous London coffee shop sign said: :D

Sly jan, no disrepct! but hillary Clinton is one of the dirtiest politicians that has ever walked the earth.
as for her vetoing things or not . it would not have mattered a whole lot if the u.s treasury and u.s federal reserve push financial institutions aways form dealing with iran.

don't believe all the crap in cnn or nytimes. Hillary was even dirtier than bill. she was the embodiment of global elitism and opportunism.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I don't care about politics ,but I do care about the safety of my compatriots ,my family ,your family ,people we love who use air travel to come and visit you and me .

These hypocrites who preach about human rights and question other countries lack of human rights have deprived 80 million Iranians from safe air travel for decades and now going back on the deal they have signed with so much publicity ...shameful ,disgusting ,criminal .
It is all about business. Iran does not have to buy planes. they can spend some extra money and lease planes.
better yet iran should not buy planes. they should just build the airports and let foreign investment serve the iranian market. there is no strategic value in operating airliens. the value is in the aiports.

Iran should spend money in cargo rail transports.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Sly jan, no disrepct! but hillary Clinton is one of the dirtiest politicians that has ever walked the earth.
as for her vetoing things or not . it would not have mattered a whole lot if the u.s treasury and u.s federal reserve push financial institutions aways form dealing with iran.

don't believe all the crap in cnn or nytimes. Hillary was even dirtier than bill. she was the embodiment of global elitism and opportunism.
Charmahal jan, don't get me wrong! I never said Hilary was saint! She's probably the worst snake there is to find today! But seriously, the alternative was Trump! As far as Iran's aviation go, with Hilary there was a small chance. With Trump.... you can definitely say goodbye to any airplane sales to Iran for the next 4 years!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
There are a bunch of of A310 that Mahan and Homa are leasing.
apparently they have to be 5 years old or something like that for them not to be covered by sanctions.
They should be older than that. but the whole idea of the U.S democrats not to sell airplanes to Iran (at least on the surface) is to prevent IRI using them to transport weapons to the region. If that's their official reason, I don't think they would let IRI lease them either!

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
They should be older than that. but the whole idea of the U.S democrats not to sell airplanes to Iran (at least on the surface) is to prevent IRI using them to transport weapons to the region. If that's their official reason, I don't think they would let IRI lease them either!
the whole weapons transport $hit is a farce. it is being pushed by these necon foundations like the ones khalaji and other Iranian sell-outs work for.
If Iran wants to transport weapons. they would use the military's c-130 or illyushins or Antanovs.

banning plane sales is just way to exert pressure on the Iranian regime. There is no terrorism reason behind it. They are just trying to have the regime succumb to their demands based on pressure from the public.

so far though Iran has got away by letting foreign carriers serving Iran.

Oct 1, 2004
The pressure is specifically on these plane purchases because once the financing is in place, different industries will use the same route to invest in Iran.

Simple as that.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Well...just as we thought selling the airplanes to Iran is out of the question, breaking news:

دولت آمریکا 'مجوز فروش بیش از صد ایرباس به ایران را صادر کرد'

وزارت خزانه***داری آمریکا مجوز فروش ۱۰۶ هواپیمای مسافربری به شرکت هواپیمایی ملی ایران (هما) را برای شرکت ایرباس فرانسه صادر کرده است.

یک "منبع مطلع" که نامش فاش نشده به خبرگزاری رویترز گفته است این مجوز دیروز دوشنبه ۲۱ نوامبر، توسط وزارت خزانه داری آمریکا صادر شده است.

دو مقام دولتی آمریکا هم در گفت و گو با آسوشیتدپرس این خبر را تأیید کرده***اند.

این در حالی است که مجلس نمایندگان آمریکا هفته پیش با تصویب طرحی، فروش هواپیمای مسافربری به ایران را منع کرده بود.

شرکت ایرباس فرانسوی است، ولی بدلیل تامین بعضی قطعات ایرباس توسط شرکتهای آمریکایی باید برای فروش از آمریکا مجوز بگیرد.

گفته می***شود که دست***کم***ده درصد قطعات ایرباس ساخت آمریکا هستند.

این در حالی است که اصغر فخریه کاشان، معاون وزیر راه و شهرسازی از تأمین اعتبار خرید بخشی از ناوگان ایرباس از طریق یک شرکت لیزینگ بین***المللی خبر داده است.

آقای فخریه کاشان گفته است: "طبق قرارداد اولیه، روش خرید هواپیماها به صورت اجاره به شرط تملیک بلندمدت است و درهمین زمینه موفق شدیم با یک شرکت لیزینگ بین***المللی برای تأمین مالی خرید ۷۷ فروند ایرباس به توافق نهایی برسیم."

معاون وزیر راه ایران البته نام این شرکت را ذکر نکرده است.

در جریان توافق جامع اتمی (برجام) میان ایران و گروه ۱+۵، ایالات متحده آمریکا با رفع تحریم فروش هواپیماهای مسافربری به ایران بدلیل فرسودگی ناوگان هوایی این کشور موافقت کرد و این موضوع در متن توافق گنجانده شد.

ایران در ابتدای سال جاری میلادی اعلام کرد که قصد دارد ۱۱۸ هواپیمای مسافربری به ارزش تقریبی ۲۷ میلیارد دلار از شرکت ایرباس خریداری کند، اما بدلیل نیاز به مجوز آمریکا برای فروش این هواپیماها، این خرید به تأخیر افتاد.

Source: http://www.bbc.com/persian/iran-38071460

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
the whole weapons transport $hit is a farce. it is being pushed by these necon foundations like the ones khalaji and other Iranian sell-outs work for.
If Iran wants to transport weapons. they would use the military's c-130 or illyushins or Antanovs.

banning plane sales is just way to exert pressure on the Iranian regime. There is no terrorism reason behind it. They are just trying to have the regime succumb to their demands based on pressure from the public.

so far though Iran has got away by letting foreign carriers serving Iran.
Charmahal jan whatever the real reason is, is not the point! Their "official" reason is transporting weapons, which means if they let Iran lease the airplanes, they have contradicted themselves in front of the world! Do you know what I mean?

In anyways, it seems Obama administration hurried up and sent the license before Trump comes to power and stops the deal! :D