Ali Daei ,is this the end for him ,should he retire or not?!

Daei ..should he retire or not?!

• Yes , his day simpley finished ..!

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • No ,he STILL can be usefull !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
Nov 24, 2002
Today our team looked very bad .. some players played really bad ..karimi is a good exmeple, vahid played out of position,zandi over all wasnt bad he showed some how why he play for k,lautern and needs time,kia also had a bad game ..but the BIG question mark was and will remain about capitan daei..some other sport forum started the petition about kicking him out of NT..which i beleive is not a nice way! but just with this poll lets give ur honest opinion..again this is not anti-daei topic and hope some people doesnt jump to conclusion !

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
well its not like he listens to his fans' opinions or anything. so its like we r talking to the WALL.:rolleyes:

I think he should have quit TM before AC2004.he didnt,and we saw how unprepared and lousy he was in TM. same goes with WCQ games.and trust me this is just the beginning..
Today`s game is definetly not as imp as our upcoming last game,so game by game we realize how crucial it is to have a "6 dong" striker in his position instead. A simple goal does make a difference for us in these games..it can be the difference between Not qualifying to WC again or Celebrating our qualification.

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
He was poor yesterday.

I dont care how much he runs,if his first touch is garbage as it was yesterday,then whats the point?

Retirement is too premature.
He should be in the squad,but i dont think he should be a guaranteed starter or untouchable player who cant be subbed out.

averageniceguy

National Team Player
Apr 14, 2003
north pole (almost)
the only hope left for us is that he gets 60 years old so that he reaches mandatory retirement and has to retire by law :D

i think he doesnt even care about the game anymore, hes just playing football to stay fit, as a sport :D

Dec 23, 2004
city of angeles
guys...guys...guys...hold on to your horses..!!
how long are we going to hold on to this attitute of naievety and get succered into some ignorant, maliciouse people's primitive and unfounded
so called anoligies for our not suceeding..???

as soon as TM gets a loss or even tie...you all go for the easiest answers and start bashing Daie...now, I do not know what is causing the technical coaches and advisers to keep playing Daie 90+ minutes each game..and frankly I do not care for having to look at him trying new stuff/positions
and virtually being less effective than an other player 2 out of 3 times..!?!
noe having said that, we should realize that a game like todays can not
correctly evaluate the team nor the players in a true light...
reasons:
Bahrain played a near excellent tactical game today and acheived 90% of
the coaches plans...This is the team that holds 4th. place in world youth
cup...and yes they killed our TM, strong and seasoned as it was in 2001
what makes today's TM different than the one in 01..?
not much...if you wanna say Daie had a crapy game today..cause he
did not score, I wouold say he was not assigned to score...he would have done so only if it had come to that...our main objective was and should
have been to not to loose today...mission accomplished..!
if you noticed the posiotions of each man was carfully determined to have
covering deffense on each line, and 2 men were involved in deffending the
Bahriani with the ball as well as space towards our goal..so although
It may not have looked like at times..everybody were playing deffensive
first and last...taking the ball to corners at times..hardly ever really puting an attacking peice together .. so you say Daie sucked, then, they all did..
frankly that's how you look at this game...you should have expected much
more from "Bundesliga Stars.." and the "3 Asian men of the year.."?!?
we have 9 points form 3 home and one away game...and a tie on top
should take care of everyting...Daie will be there weather you like it or not..

salamat basheed.>!

Oct 1, 2004
I still seem him scoring some important goals for us in this world cup qualifying campaign.
None of our other forwards are consistent, and the best one of them (Hashemian) is in terrible form.
Borhani needs a thousand chances to score a goal, and Enayati and the rest are just average at best.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Fatso said:
I still seem him scoring some important goals for us in this world cup qualifying campaign.
None of our other forwards are consistent, and the best one of them (Hashemian) is in terrible form.
Borhani needs a thousand chances to score a goal, and Enayati and the rest are just average at best.
But if you take out Daei, and move hashemian, and then move zandi, and then navidkia, and then and then... and then knights bishop to queen 4.... checkmate :) We will win 200-0 against brazil because all our other players are in such amazing form!!

Oct 1, 2004
Couldn't have said it better by myself AliDaeiClone, while you're at it let's remove the goalkeeper because each of our players besides Daei, and those you mentioned play like Tsubasa.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Everyone attacks Daei because hes an easy target, he is a very awkward player, always has been, and Iranians love sexy players... Anyways, Karimi and Hashemian were just as bad today, if not worse than Daei, yet people find excuses for them... Just face it, today we played not to lose and our players looked tired and out of form... No reason to sit here a rehash old meaningless arguments...

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
No he should not retire. If he does well, play him. If not, don't.
Today, he should have been subbed halftime, with Hashemian moving
to his spot, and Kazemian filling Hashemian's position.

Side note: There is one thing about Daei's critics that is very disturbing
to me. They blame HIM. If one is to blame, it's the coach! If the coach
doesn't pick him, he won't be in TM. If he doesn't play him, he
won't play. If he subs for him, he can't refuse to leave the field.
Stop blaming Daei!! The problem is that we have a coach too conservative
to risk using untested, unproven players. Today, in answer to a question by
a Bahraini reporter about why Daei was not subbed, Branko said:"He was
playing well, and I had no one on the bench capable of playing better"!

Agha Sepehr

Bench Warmer
Jan 23, 2005
Rome
I agree with Niloufar, Daei should have quite TM before AC 2004, if he will continue playing 90 minutes as a dicator (we already have mane too much dictators in Iran) TM will not qualify for WC and if Iran does qualify we will be humiliated,Daei is not a threat to top defenders he is very slow off and on the ball, he cannot control a ball and if a player is a forward in a system when there is just 1 striker that striker needs to be fast, and keep the pace by controlling the ball well and passing quick.

The whole team played badly, this system is not a good system for Team Melli
i think 3-5-2 is bether for this team, i would like Oladi be giving a chance because he is very fast, technical, good scorer,and has the qualities.
in shorts Daei please leave our beloved national team, a new generation has to be given a chance to prove themselfes have respect for our country and yourself, because if you keep playing and hurting our national no one will respect you anymore in Iran

halftime

Bench Warmer
Nov 24, 2004
Babak G said:

I dont care how much he runs,if his first touch is garbage as it was yesterday,then whats the point?.
Daie’s first touch has always been poor!

Daie’s best days are obviously behind him and I think he should retire and allow younger players to take his place. However, to my mind the problem is also more to do with Branko’s poor tactics and getting the best out of his players. If he decides to play Daie, then he needs to play to Daie’s strengths. Daie doesn't like the ball to be played to his feet.

He should use Daie as a target man with another striker just off him.

Go Iran

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
I think Daei will definitely start against Japan.
I think patience is wearing thin with him.

Im a supporter of Ali Daei as a legend for us and he can be useful still right now.
But theres a time for when we can use him,and no player should be untouchable in my opinion.Form players should play.

Iran#1

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
Montreal
Iran as a team played bad yesterday but Watching Daei was a torture, Imagine he was playing against Qatar!! Vahid would be off of his position and we would not have this conversation today. Daei, if you hear us or read this it's time to go Buddy. You ain't any better than Zidane or Nedved, they are gone so should you. You are still our hero.

wvupersian

Bench Warmer
Feb 10, 2005
West Virginia
www.wvu.edu
I think we still need him but not 90 minutes! We can use Borhani or Majidi for first half, then bring daei in. Also, someone tell me why Bronko never sub him! He is over 35 and plays for 90 mint. (actually 120 mints Vs. China ).
Best Luck TM with or without Ali Daei