Ali Karimi's IFF conflict is escalating

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Great post.. shouldn't a team go around their insurance co. and get someone if they really want to and insure through 3rd party insurance? I would imagine so.
It depends what the terms of their contract are with their insurer. If the club and the insurer have some over arching deal in place it may be more difficult, but what you're saying is possible. At the same time, why go through all that extra work for an average league player.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Not only that, it's also for the money the clubs can gain from each player they sign. When they get a Japanese or a Korean player, they will sell shit loads of jerseys in their respective countries, in addition to gaining money for lots of ads, etc. In a country like Iran where only piracy and no copy rights exist, that is not beneficial to the clubs. These are all known facts, yet there are clubs signing Iranian players purely for their talents.

Karimi was the choice of Magath himself who was the coach in Bayern at the time. He liked Karimi a lot and in addition to that, Karimi's agent made a smart clause in his contract where a certain amount of playing time was included. If he didn't get at least that much playing time during the first season, he was free to leave Bayern. Of course Magath would play him often in different games and to be honest Karimi did play well in most of them. But all in all, he did not turn out to be the effective player Bayern were looking for. Let's face it, if Karimi had turned out to be "the" player Bayern were after, they would have prolonged his contract despite his injury. A small injury is not a reason a club let their "high" effective player leave like that. It was to the extent that even Magath who liked Karimi a lot, started talking shit about him in the end, saying: he hasn't even learned German after 2 years yet and it's difficult having him around. Of course a cheap excuse to the media, not admitting that he was wrong about Karimi.

Now don't get me wrong. Karimi was a huge talent but his style was more suitable for Spain than for Bundesliga and he should have gone to Europe much earlier in his career when he had the chance. Going to Bundesliga at that age, was never gonna bring him the international career he could and should have had.

Salah on the other hand has changed between clubs like Chelsea, Roma and now Liverpool. It's safe to say he's a proven quality player that such high profile clubs continue to sign him up! There is no comparison between him and Karimi really.
Karimi had a major injury to his ankle. He could barely yek pa do pa after his injury. He was a completely different player.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Yes official EPL was my second point.

As I said in the first point, his colleagues, the media etc... call him Mo. On MOTD which i am watching now he is Mo. On his passport he is Mohamed.

Damet garm
Mo is more similar to the western name Moe, short for Morris. When westerners hear that word, that's what they think. They don't think, Mohammad.

Why do we have to support the English in their acts of oppression? Essentially what the media is suggesting is that when you are successful and have an ethnic/muslim name, you have to change your name to a western name. So that your success can be attributed to them and not your true background.

Hi name actually is Mohammad. He is a practicing muslim and an Egyptian, which means he probably has more than one Mohammad as his last name too. Odds are the fact that the racist media has taken to calling him/promoting him as MO just because they don't want to associate anything good with the name Mohammad pisses him off.

I image that 9/10 of the people on this board have their names messed up by foreigners regularly, so we all know what it is like. Now imagine how it would feel if as you gained success, the media and not you, decided to change your name.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Mo is more similar to the western name Moe, short for Morris. When westerners hear that word, that's what they think. They don't think, Mohammad.

Why do we have to support the English in their acts of oppression? Essentially what the media is suggesting is that when you are successful and have an ethnic/muslim name, you have to change your name to a western name. So that your success can be attributed to them and not your true background.

Hi name actually is Mohammad. He is a practicing muslim and an Egyptian, which means he probably has more than one Mohammad as his last name too. Odds are the fact that the racist media has taken to calling him/promoting him as MO just because they don't want to associate anything good with the name Mohammad pisses him off.

I image that 9/10 of the people on this board have their names messed up by foreigners regularly, so we all know what it is like. Now imagine how it would feel if as you gained success, the media and not you, decided to change your name.
It's not totally like that, the English have a habit of giving nicknames, remember Gascoigne became known as Gaza?
There are many examples.. Even goes as far school yard and Sunday league players.
Our own Nasser Hejazi used to be called Naz among players in Manchester United.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
محمد صلاح غالى

He isn't double mohamed!!. So if the coach called him mamad (or whatever arabic nick) it would be OK but Mo will not work? I think if you take club's money you have to abide by certain unwritten rules unless it's truly breaking your personal or some common laws. He could come out and say call me Mohamed, but has he? Or we're the ones taking issues. It's really a personal choice of the player.

Last edited:

What a bunch of nonsense

May 12, 2007
Most football players are living in good houses driving in nice cars. IFF has done a good job compare to many other organizations in Iran. There are still people who can't pay for an operation.
Karimi is the one who started a fight during Iran Mexico game in worldcup. This is not the right time to start a fight with CQ regardless what happens behind. I have come to believe that after world cup CQ will leave Iran and will be missed. Mr quiter is some one who quits and Karimi is one who quits fast. CQ says indirectly that Karimi is paid to say these things. Regardless what happens I think Karimi will the loser in this fight in long terms.

May 12, 2007
I don't see any connection between that link and the subject nor do I know the meaning of umbres.
Best thing Karimi should do for our people is to shut up. CQ's contract is soon over and he is not going to
sign a new. Karimis job is to take care of Sepidrood. He is no president.
And believe me. IFF can not put word on CQs mouth. Karimi has already quit from a coach job in TM and one in Naft
as well as one job in Sepidrood.

Last edited:

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Nilou jan, it was Karimi who started the insults and point fingering and accusations.
Shahriar jan, If he proving that IFF is corrupt and is lying is insult, so be it. A lot of the points he made were true, and IFF's only response was that "we have created a committee to address this issue", blah blah!

He accused Carlos Q of corruption and questioned his integrity and commitment live on TV and you are telling me to grow some thick skin ,rather have thick skin than a thick skull like legend Karimi .
Where did he accused him of corruption? He questioned his sacking of Iranian coaches and now explaining the reason. He accused IFF of corruption, some with documents, some without docs.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
You don't know the history of Iran 1388 movement and the green wristbands players wore. (pep is wearing a yellow ribbon and yes theres place for politics in sports; our wrestling coaching team just unitedly all resigned)
you don't know why Karimi was forced to leave TM assistancy (mind you others been forced out too)
you don't know (or choose to ignore) naft was mismanaged and since club has changed owners and possibly two other sets of coaches.
you don't know that Karimi is still coaching Sepidrood.

On the top of all you don't know what hombre (umbre my bad) in spanish means... :p

Yet you said someone has to shut up... maybe you should consider gaining some knowledge about the whole picture/ situation before issuing such nasty verdict. Words without substance make you sound unintelligent.

I don't see any connection between that link and the subject nor do I know the meaning of umbres.
Best thing Karimi should do for our people is to shut up. CQ's contract is soon over and he is not going to
sign a new. Karimis job is to take care of Sepidrood. He is no president.
And believe me. IFF can not put word on CQs mouth. Karimi has already quit from a coach job in TM and one in Naft
as well as one job in Sepidrood.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Where did he accused him of corruption? He questioned his sacking of Iranian coaches and now explaining the reason. He accused IFF of corruption, some with documents, some without docs.
He was accusing CQ of hiring his godson or son in law as a fitness coach. and since according to Karimi, fitness coaches get money for each player they work with, they brought injured players from the league who were not in TM, for him to work with. That's accusing him of corruption.

May 12, 2007
You don't know the history of Iran 1388 movement and the green wristbands players wore. (pep is wearing a yellow ribbon and yes theres place for politics in sports; our wrestling coaching team just unitedly all resigned)
you don't know why Karimi was forced to leave TM assistancy (mind you others been forced out too)
you don't know (or choose to ignore) naft was mismanaged and since club has changed owners and possibly two other sets of coaches.
you don't know that Karimi is still coaching Sepidrood.

On the top of all you don't know what hombre (umbre my bad) in spanish means... :p

Yet you said someone has to shut up... maybe you should consider gaining some knowledge about the whole picture/ situation before issuing such nasty verdict. Words without substance make you sound unintelligent.
I have been very active during the green movement. As far as I know Karimi quited himself in TM which is why CQ calls him Mr. quiter. He was not forced to leave. CQ have always talked good about him before this interview with 90. I think Karimi should concentrate on his job in Sepid rood.
I didn't like he started a fight with Daei during Iran Mexico game. Millions of money was wasted. Many fans were disapointed. Nafts manager should have been brought to court instead of blaming IFF. It has nothing to do with IFF. Actually he convicted Naft in a court and got 300 million Tomans. Karimi is continuing his job in Sepid rood but he has resigned. IFF paid two million dollars to invite German national team to play with TM. Karimi showed a few move and was sold to Bayer munchen. IFF is still doing a good job in introducing tallented players to the world. Azmoun JB and many more. IFF runs their bussiness
without using money from oil income. Many people are working in IFF make money without any help from our income in Oil Compared to many other organizations IFF has done well.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
I only read on another forum on a flight they sat Karimi with other players vs with coaching staff (IFF possibly playing games with him as was suggested) he was possibly offended. If true, could there be other issues we are not aware of ?? other staff also were let go for coach's preference not long after If I am not wrong.

Now I am not here to judge that but there are reasons as why things happen and is not as black and white as we normally rea in a 4 paragraph piece of reporting.

HOw were you active? sounded like you had no idea ? pLease clarify.

>> I have been very active during the green movement. As far as I know Karimi quited himself in TM which is why CQ calls him Mr. quiter. He was not forced to leave. CQ have always talked good about him before this interview with 90. I think Karimi should concentrate on his job in Sepid rood.

To this day there are two sides to that story, and even a third as Daei is claimed to beat up an actor pre game time.

>> I didn't like he started a fight with Daei during Iran Mexico game. Millions of money was wasted. Many fans were disapointed.

It was Naft ownership which keeps getting handed to unqualified personnel or investors.. Not aware of any settlement in Karimis case.

>>Nafts manager should have been brought to court instead of blaming IFF. It has nothing to do with IFF. Actually he convicted Naft in a court and got 300 million Tomans.

HE resigned so his issues with IFF doesn't cast over the team; resignation rejected from what I gathered. so no quitting as walking away as you earlier mentioned
>> Karimi is continuing his job in Sepid rood but he has resigned.

Germans and Europeans are not stupid to just fist over money like this claim is suggesting, come on .. reach deeper, can do better!!
>> IFF paid two million dollars to invite German national team to play with TM. Karimi showed a few move and was sold to Bayer munchen.

A comment with mixture of politics and polices and twisted with failures of IFF. Some of it has been questioned by AK. Some major failures has been admitted by IFF already. We shall wait and come back to your definition of " IFF has done well "

>> IFF is still doing a good job in introducing tallented players to the world. Azmoun JB and many more. IFF runs their bussiness
without using money from oil income. Many people are working in IFF make money without any help from our income in Oil Compared to many other organizations IFF has done well

Last edited:
May 12, 2007
I only read on another forum on a flight they sat Karimi with other players vs with coaching staff (IFF possibly playing games with him as was suggested) he was possibly offended. If true, could there be other issues we are not aware of ?? other staff also were let go for coach's preference not long after If I am not wrong.

Now I am not here to judge that but there are reasons as why things happen and is not as black and white as we normally rea in a 4 paragraph piece of reporting.

HOw were you active? sounded like you had no idea ? pLease clarify.

>> I have been very active during the green movement. As far as I know Karimi quited himself in TM which is why CQ calls him Mr. quiter. He was not forced to leave. CQ have always talked good about him before this interview with 90. I think Karimi should concentrate on his job in Sepid rood.

To this day there are two sides to that story, and even a third as Daei is claimed to beat up an actor pre game time.

>> I didn't like he started a fight with Daei during Iran Mexico game. Millions of money was wasted. Many fans were disapointed.

It was Naft ownership which keeps getting handed to unqualified personnel or investors.. Not aware of any settlement in Karimis case.

>>Nafts manager should have been brought to court instead of blaming IFF. It has nothing to do with IFF. Actually he convicted Naft in a court and got 300 million Tomans.

HE resigned so his issues with IFF doesn't cast over the team; resignation rejected from what I gathered. so no quitting as walking away as you earlier mentioned
>> Karimi is continuing his job in Sepid rood but he has resigned.

Germans and Europeans are not stupid to just fist over money like this claim is suggesting, come on .. reach deeper, can do better!!
>> IFF paid two million dollars to invite German national team to play with TM. Karimi showed a few move and was sold to Bayer munchen.

A comment with mixture of politics and polices and twisted with failures of IFF. Some of it has been questioned by AK. Some major failures has been admitted by IFF already. We shall wait and come back to your definition of " IFF has done well "

>> IFF is still doing a good job in introducing tallented players to the world. Azmoun JB and many more. IFF runs their bussiness
without using money from oil income. Many people are working in IFF make money without any help from our income in Oil Compared to many other organizations IFF has done well
به گزارش خبرنگار ورزشی خبرگزاری تسنیم، علی کریمی و دستیارانش که پس از جدایی از نفت تهران به‌خاطر مطالبات‌شان از این تیم شکایت کرده بودند، رأی خود را از کمیته تعیین وضعیت بازیکنان فدراسیون فوتبال گرفتند.
روزبه وثوق احمدی رئیس کمیته تعیین وضعیت بازیکنان به خبرنگار تسنیم گفت که رسیدگی به پرونده علی کریمی، آرمین بیابانی و علیرضا امامی‌فر از سوی کمیته تعیین وضعیت بازیکنان به‌اتمام رسیده و رأی آن هم صادر شده است.
بر این اساس و طبق اعلام وثوق احمدی، باشگاه نفت به‌جهت نقض قرارداد و فسخ غیرموجه قرارداد علی کریمی به پرداخت مبلغ 22 میلیارد ریال به‌عنوان غرامت و همچنین مبلغ 440 میلیون ریال به‌‌عنوان هزینه رسیدگی محکوم شد.
باشگاه نفت در پرونده علیرضا امامی‌فر به پرداخت 2 میلیارد و 250 میلیون ریال به‌عنوان غرامت و 45 میلیون ریال بابت هزینه رسیدگی محکوم شد. در پرونده آرمین بیابانی نیز باشگاه نفت باید یک میلیارد و 80 میلیون ریال به‌عنوان غرامت و 600 هزار ریال بابت هزینه رسیدگی پرداخت کند.
پرونده‌ها از تاریخ ابلاغ قابل تجدیدنظرخواهی هستند و مطابق مفاد رأی، باشگاه نفت تهران باید تا 30 روز نسبت به پرداخت این مبلغ اقدام کنند. آرا چهارشنبه هفته گذشته صادر و پنجشنبه نیز به سازمان لیگ ابلاغ شده‌ است.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/fa/news/1396/09/25/1602514/نفت-تهران-به-پرداخت-غرامت-2میلیاردی-به-علی-کریمی-محکوم-شد
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted 1000s of times during Green movement on ISP. I was active in Iran out of Iran everywhere.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ask BT about Karimis fight with Daei. He knows.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is not so much difference between quitting and resigning. Some people want CQ to teach his knowledge to an Iranian coach and Karimi wasted
his chance. That is waste of time waste of money.

Last edited:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
I appreciate your post informing me and the rest on nafts case.

There's a difference as his intention was so the club is not pulled into what he was getting into with IFF. You know things turn nasty fast; it was a gesture and club and fans understood but wanted him there.

DOn't insist on the 'quiting' thing, he wasn't kissing ass like Daei to have red carpet rolled for him from coaching TM to PP to various other positions.

Well people want a lot of things, give them inch they want miles, PP fans revisiting everyone's mother and sister again while they sit many points above SS but the loss was too embarrassing, Wanting and reality are different.

YOu make assumptions on some general ideas; I appreciate trying. Lets get real for a change.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is not so much difference between quitting and resigning. Some people want CQ to teach his knowledge to an Iranian coach and Karimi wasted
his chance. That is waste of time waste of money.

May 12, 2007
استعفای علی کریمی از سپیدرود رشت
سرمربی تیم فوتبال سپیدرود رشت کمتر از 24 ساعت پس از شکست سنگین تیمش مقابل استقلال تهران از سمت خود کناره گیری کرد.
علی کریمی پس از شکست تیمش مقابل استقلال صحبت هایی انجام داد که به زودی در خصوص ادامه همکاری اش با سپیدرود تصمیم خواهد گرفت. او ظهر امروز (جمعه) تصمیم گرفت از سمت خود استعفا کند و متن استعفای خود را خطاب به مالک باشگاه سپیدرود منتشر کرد.

متن استعفای علی کریمی در زیر می آید: