Ali on the 1st black president

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
in a strange way arrogant people, asshole people always draw people to themselves. People automaticaly prefer them over those with less personality. In ali's case who was also a winner, who looked good and was funny its easy to understand why he is god to regular people.
Yeah, reason me and you are cool. LOL! :D

Ali maybe the biggest jackass in the history of sports !!!!
Maybe, maybe not, but the point is about him being dumb or having or not having an attraction to people. I mean, he risked his career for something like not going to war, for whatever reason he did it. You can't call the guy dumb or not a people's champ or whatever.

But there are always retarded kids here who at any cost love to argue, with the article I posted and even the documentary posted!!!!
Look, the simple point is, George Foreman is known for his grill, Ali is known as the guy who didn't go to war, was anti-establishment and has parkinson now. Ali always wins for someone who doesn't give a fuck about boxing and those who care about boxing, will also go with Ali 8 out of 10 times.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
the biggest jerk asshole fake bitch ass whatever you want to call him athlete of our times has been Michael Jordan.

The coolest basketball player ever on the other hand was Magic.

So fucking what? What does it have to do with them as athletes or icons?

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
dear donkey bandwagon jumper, there is only one reason why EPl teams dont win the CL every single year even after they dominate and win every group stage competition: toughest competition on the continent where largest number of tense games take their toll on these teams later on in the season. By the time they have gone through a rough EPL, carling cup, FA cup,...season they have lost half their scuad! as seen with arsenal last year when they played barca. Its not the case with lashitta where barca and real are fresh and even better towards the end of the season due to bismall competition. If they played in EPL they would not even finish i top 5 guaranteed !

oh and yes, no lajoka and no serie a teams have ever tried to sign shitty english players like cole, lampard, rooney, terry, gerrard,...who are light years behind the likes of ramos, alonso, pique, navas,....LOLLLLLL , YOU ARE ISP's biggest DONKEY!
Listen child, why don't you answer the post where I said even the English admit they are light years behind the Spanish, the French, the South Americans? Why did English papers print analysis after analysis from experts admitting they are technically inferior?
Why are the English FA spending lots of time and money going to these countries to learn their methods and import them into England?

Is it because you are an ignorant kid with a temporary obsession? Just like a 3 year old boy who has just discovered his willy and plays with it non-stop! You sit thousands of miles away and watch what you think you are watching from your computer screen, believing you have discovered something special, yet without any capacity to analyse or comprehend the finer details. Believe me, I was going to English football grounds in the 80s when you couldn't find England on a map (probably still can't).

Keep watching NFL, MLB and stay out of football discussions. In this country we'd have your kind of idiot for breakfast.

Last edited:

Sabzi

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
When was the last time an English team had success with an English coach? Can anyone answer me that?

I know Ferguson is there, but he is Scottish, and he is an exception :)

At the moment there simply are no great English coaches, and great English players I can count them with one hand...

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Muhammad Ali had flaws, who doesn't? Not everyone is Shane Battier in the sports world (have a really good rep and protect his private life from the public eye). Unfortunately, the greatest in their craft, are usually have a bit of a crazy and arrogant side to them i.e. Maradona, Michael Jordan, Zidane, Mike Tyson ... that's a part of them that makes them excel.

Probably the person that came closest to being lovable and great was Hakeem Olajuwon: but again, he had a lot of problems on the court early on in his career to. So he also had growing pains.

Point is, no one should worship any of these athletes, they should appreciate the way they do their sport and not make them idols of sorts. And God knows everything everyone does.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
The coolest basketball player ever on the other hand was Magic
And also incredible business savvy. Dude is worth about 1 billion too, more than twice what Jordan is worth.

But he's also back-stabbed his friends like Isiah Thomas - who was no saint btw - in a public way too.

Payam

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
Earth
www.iransportspress.com
And also incredible business savvy. Dude is worth about 1 billion too, more than twice what Jordan is worth.

But he's also back-stabbed his friends like Isiah Thomas - who was no saint btw - in a public way too.
im no fan of backstabbing but what did he say/do to isiah? just curious

my man ken griffey is a saint lol

and darrell green! :belly:

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
^ Ken Griffey is one of my favorite athletes, I've been saying it for a while on here. He was basically pure in an age of scandal in Baseball (steroids)

On Isiah and Magic:

"I'm really hurt, and I really feel taken advantage of for all these years," Thomas told Ian Thomsen at SI.com on Thursday. "I'm totally blindsided by this. Every time that I've seen Magic, he has been friendly with me."
Basically, Magic blasts Isiah in a book ... for saying he believes Isiah all these years believed Magic was a homosexual because he contracted HIV, and admits to black-balling him out of selection for the 1992 Olympics (Dream Team) - and how they basically organized to make sure he didn't get selected. He did this all while for years befriending Thomas, and keeping a very close relationship with him. He never talked to Thomas about it, but when it came to writing a book, put it all out there for the public to see. Honestly, it was a raw move.

Last edited:

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Point is, no one should worship any of these athletes,
Which was IDM point originaly - but the guy got attacked by the usual herders - Excluding Behruz of-course.

they should appreciate the way they do their sport and not make them idols of sorts. And God knows everything everyone does.
As for integrity amongst "Professional" athletes - I am not sure there is too much. Maybe we should give it up and start searching for heroes amongst other groups in the society.......but which ones?.......politicians? Auto Dealers? Lawyers? mechanics, salesmen, musicians? .......well come to think of it maybe athletes are not such a bad choice after all !! But back to Muhammad Ali - A Black Moslem Boxer? are you sure? Well OK - as long as we don't end up with Mike Tyson as his vice...lol

Something to think about: How many professional sports do you think have the "fix" on - at least at times.

Mar 13, 2007
Maybe, maybe not, but the point is about him being dumb or having or not having an attraction to people. I mean, he risked his career for something like not going to war, for whatever reason he did it. You can't call the guy dumb or not a people's champ or whatever.
the simple point is, George Foreman is known for his grill, Ali is known as the guy who didn't go to war, was anti-establishment and has parkinson now. Ali always wins for someone who doesn't give a fuck about boxing and those who care about boxing, will also go with Ali 8 out of 10 times.
dude, you are giving too much credit to a dimwitt who was taken for a rid by a muslim militant group. Ali didnt give a fuk about making a stance politically or else as he didnt even know what was going on, he was just a coward trying to do everything not to go to war and his public standce against what you took what seemed to be the easiest way out. The fact that he went out public so loud with his so called stances were primarily due to the fact that he was a moron.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
You want to talk about punks and athletes, don't forget Kevin Garnett. He loves picking on i) European guys aka White Guys, ii) guys that are a lot smaller than him.

[video=youtube;VoEiBd2NmCM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoEiBd2NmCM[/video]
[video=youtube;FASClJTnJ4I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FASClJTnJ4I[/video]

Dude is so scary he makes his teammates cry lol
[video=youtube;0GXgFC8q32Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GXgFC8q32Q[/video]

Great article about KG ...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-garnettvillanueve110310

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
dude, you are giving too much credit to a dimwitt who was taken for a rid by a muslim militant group. Ali didnt give a fuk about making a stance politically or else as he didnt even know what was going on, he was just a coward trying to do everything not to go to war and his public standce against what you took what seemed to be the easiest way out. The fact that he went out public so loud with his so called stances were primarily due to the fact that he was a moron.
dude....you know what "people's perception about someone" is about, right?
even if Ali was just too scared to go to Vietnam, the perception people had from it was that he was anti-war and nevermind that vietnam just like iraq was utter nonsense. he later managed to spin and play it right.

if you say that that guy is dumb, then which athlete would be intelligent?

so whatever you want to say about Ali and whatever you feel about him, the people's perception about Ali, Foreman, Tyson, Holyfield, Frazier etc. is just what it is. Make 50 ESPN documentaries....but not even ESPN would claim that he was dumb in the sense of "not intelligent".

Jordan did Space Jam and people actually thought he was a loving family dad and what not, while in fact he was the biggest douche ever. Did you in 96 go to a bar and tell people that Jordan is a fucking douchebag who is disliked by his teammates, has a serious gambling problem, is a real jerk and what not?

I don't think that even Joe Dumars was friends with Isaiah. Isaiah's only friend ever was our friend eboo. :D

Isaiah has no friends, for very good reasons.

Last edited:

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Which was IDM point originaly - but the guy got attacked by the usual herders - Excluding Behruz of-course.

As for integrity amongst "Professional" athletes - I am not sure there is too much. Maybe we should give it up and start searching for heroes amongst other groups in the society.......but which ones?.......politicians? Auto Dealers? Lawyers? mechanics, salesmen, musicians? .......well come to think of it maybe athletes are not such a bad choice after all !! But back to Muhammad Ali - A Black Moslem Boxer? are you sure? Well OK - as long as we don't end up with Mike Tyson as his vice...lol

Something to think about: How many professional sports do you think have the "fix" on - at least at times.
"pity the useless moron that needs heroes" Bert Brecht (remix)

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
dude....you know what "people's perception about someone" is about, right?
even if Ali was just too scared to go to Vietnam, the perception people had from it was that he was anti-war and nevermind that vietnam just like iraq was utter nonsense. he later managed to spin and play it right.

if you say that that guy is dumb, then which athlete would be intelligent?

so whatever you want to say about Ali and whatever you feel about him, the people's perception about Ali, Foreman, Tyson, Holyfield, Frazier etc. is just what it is. Make 50 ESPN documentaries....but not even ESPN would claim that he was dumb in the sense of "not intelligent".

Jordan did Space Jam and people actually thought he was a loving family dad and what not, while in fact he was the biggest douche ever. Did you in 96 go to a bar and tell people that Jordan is a fucking douchebag who is disliked by his teammates, has a serious gambling problem, is a real jerk and what not?

I don't think that even Joe Dumars was friends with Isaiah. Isaiah's only friend ever was our friend eboo. :D

Isaiah has no friends, for very good reasons.
You think in 96 they would let him in a bar?:)

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
No question a fantastic athlete but Ali for most part and according to most was a complete arrogant asshole, even to those close to him! Ali was also quite unintelligent.

Just because one has charisma and is a champ does not make him a great person.

On what basis are you considering him dumb? He was an athlete , he wasn’t a scholar , scientist intellectual or a politician . He was a athlete and a entertainer and he was damn good at it . He was so good that even today his name and face are one of the most recognized throughout the world , so he must of done something right . Also , I would never consider a coward for not going to a war. I would consider the US government a coward for trying to send one of its national treasures to a unjust war . Ali did the right thing and fought against the idea of going to a unjust war and he had enough balls to use his status to speak against Vietnam and he even paid his due for that smart decision by spending a short time in jail and not being allowed to fight . I think you should draw a line between athletes and the people who you consider “smart” , athletes are not meant to be a smart , they are meant to entertain and Ali just did that for years and till this day he is considered one the best but that's not to say he was not "smart" . He will be in the same category of great athletes such as MJ and Tiger Woods .

Last edited: