Alireza Jahanbakhsh (19 Year Old)

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
2012042820365830.jpg

Thanks to PersianKing from PFDC

Honestly I am tired of people claiming Iran doesn't have talents. The "lack of talent“ is probably the worse argument when it comes to Iranian football.

I wish I could make more of these videos to prove that, but other videos on pfdctv take away too much time. Nevertheless here is a video in support of 19 years old Alireza Jahanbakhsh, who currently plays for Damash and has scored 8 goals this season. It’s important to spread the "names" of our raw talents, so they get noticed and may be able to get out of Iran as well.

Jahanbakhsh is one of my personal favorites, as he is always a huge threat with his great shooting ability, skills and hardworking attitude. That's why he is already one of the best, if not the best, player of Damash. Even TM defenders like Montazeri, Hosseini or Mahini did have problems to control him. It's also noteworthy to say that he unfortunately has to play on a poor pitch in Rasht, but still constantly plays well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alireza_Jahanbakhsh
See video of his highlights here (VIDEO): http://bit.ly/10aZZwB

Impressive talent I must say.

Last edited:

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
Thanks to PersianKing from PFDC

See video of his highlights here (VIDEO): http://bit.ly/10aZZwB

Impressive talent I must say.
good job, silverton aziz...please send this clip to CQ,may be he opens his eyes,and instead of inviting bunch of loosers,for team melli,invite talented players like him....unfortunately,CQ,did not do his job,as we expected,he did not introduce any talented players,and instead,invited bunch of loosers......

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Well, to be invited in TM he has to either play in Europe or in pespes or eses. Mr. CQ doesn't believe in IPL based raw talents!

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
He seems to be a smart player too. He's young, I really hope he goes to Europe like Sardar Azmoun to form some good, lasting habits before the IPL system chews him up and spits him out.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^Oh yeah, you're right! I'd forgotten about him! Then how the f**ck come he never gets invited to TM by CQ?!!! After all he plays in a European team!

BTW, at this age, Rubin Kazan is just right for him! I hope he can progress and become tactically, physically and professionally more mature player. He could then join a team in a better European league in 2-3 years.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Jahanbaksh has 3 things that are rare in Iranian players. 1-He plays heads up. 2-He plays/shoots/dribbles with both feet. 3-He dribbbles with long strokes much like German players as opposed to the Iranian style which is minature stationary drbbling. More or less he can be a new Bagheri with Ghayeghran's IQ. He will do well in Europe.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Unless these so called "prospects" of our country can gather themselves the same set of balls that Sardar Azmoun have and make the move to Europe at a young age, for less money and drop their sosool acts. Instead of staying in Iran and getting paid more for easier work.

Then i am sorry they will never be more then "prospects". If all these talents that we possess are willing to go to Europe like the Japanese and the South Korean's and start their careers at their young age in a good European clubs second team or on the bench and work themselves up, then maybe in 5-6 years our national team will look decent.

Jahanbakhs, Mosalman, Sadeghian, Kaven Rezaei etc, these guys have hit the maximum growth that they will ever hit in IPL, it is time to go to Europe now. (even if a club in Norway offers you a contract take it) start anywhere...
Stay in IPL, and become like Ansarifard, he had hit his peak in IPL, he was never going to improve any further, look at him now. Casted out of Team Melli and even a bench warmer for PP, khak to saresh...

I dont even blame Queiroz sometimes for going hunting in Europe for young Iranian expats who have been grown in a professional European system, such as Atashkadeh, Nazari, Gucci, Dejagah and Davari. These players are all good for our national team, even those who might not have had a immediate impact such as Nazari or Atashkadeh are both young and will improve more then any talent we have in IPL due to the fact that they are in Europe where there is always room for growth, while in IPL, there is only a certain level of growth, and once you hit the ceiling of that growth cycle & you remain in IPL, its only downhill from there unfortunately.

Last edited:

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
Another youngster going to Europe? This time, it's the best U18 player in the country, Saeid Ezatollahi Afagh

بازیکن ملیپوش تیم ملوان مورد توجه یک باشگاه اروپایی
سعید عزتاللهی بازیکن تیم ملی نوجوانان مورد توجه باشگاه لوگانوی سوئیس قرار گرفت.

به گزارش خبرگزاری فارس، عزت اللهی بازیکن تیم ملی نوجوانان که عضو باشگاه ملوان است مورد توجه باشگاه لوگانوی سوئیس قرار گرفته است.صادق درودگر مدیرعامل باشگاه ملوان فیلم بازی های این بازیکن را به سوئیس برد و مذاکراتی با مسئولان این باشگاه سوئیسی انجام داده است اما انتقال این بازیکن به اروپا احتمالاً بعد جام جهانی نوجوانان انجام بگیرد.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Everyone looks great in highlights. I need to see a couple of complete games from this dude before predicting his future.
You actually need to watch some complete games to have any say in predicting someone's future in football!!!

Feb 24, 2012
http://www.tehrantimes.com/sports/108029-alireza-jahanbakhsh-agrees-to-join-nec-nijmegen

TEHRAN – Iranian midfielder of Damash Alireza Jahanbakhsh has agreed to join NEC Nijmegen.

The 20-year-old midfielder will wear No. 7 in the team.

“I’ve agreed to join NEC. I think I’ve made the best decision. I have big objectives and I am going to join the big European clubs in the future,” Jahanbakhsh said.

Jahanbakhsh would be the first ever Iranian player to join a football team from the Netherlands.

The contract runs in the period 2013-07-01 through 2016-06-30.

Aug 26, 2005
I remember when I was in Iran and in Dubai I got to view a lot of young players and I've never thought our players lacked talent. We lack direction, professionalism and infrastructure but not talent. The sooner our players have the courage to go to Europe, even playing in middling leagues, the better for them and our football.