All threads Re: Dejagah - Please use this thread

Messi19

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
just because of a tattoo, it doesn't mean he wants to come to Iran and play for one of the most corrupted football federations and play Bahrain and Kuwait 5 times a year and hear and read BS from people that he is "western-ized" and is not real Iranian moslem ba-ghyrat, and turn down a chance to play highest level of football with Germany.

Makaveli

IPL Player
Jan 28, 2006
foreveriranian said:
U don't know for a fact it says Tehran

And anyway I doubt he even knows how to speak Persian
all u need is a pair of eyes buddy. and why would u even speculate like that and say he doesnt speak farsi, just because he doesnt have a unibrow. well ill have u know he certainly does speak farsi, and he goes to iran every summer. it says on the hertha bsc website.

Aug 26, 2005
He said he doesn't want to play for Iran and wants to play for Germany and he has already been invited.

Aug 26, 2005
Pooya said:
simple question, how many letters TEHRAN has?
T E H R A N --> 6
how many on his hand --> 7

mmmm so i wonder who needs a pair of glasses now?
Pooya jan, it looks like "Teheran".

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
Makaveli, I haven't seen anyone say he isn't Iranian, I'm not saying people haven't, but you create this thread as if the majority of people are denying him being Iranian. What I find funny is that you refer to the Hertha site for him saying he goes to Iran, but don't want to accept his other statement that he said he wants to play for Germany. When he says he wants to play for Iran, I and I am sure a lot of others, will be right up there saying he has to be called up, but until then good luck to him and let's hope he does Iran proud. But stop acting like he wants to play for Iran when his most recent statement was clearly the opposite.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Makaveli said:
and the other says Teheran, the city of his birth.
Well, he spells the city's name wrong. It's Tehran, not TehEran. So what does that mean? ;)

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
Sly said:
Well, he spells the city's name wrong. It's Tehran, not TehEran. So what does that mean? ;)
Ali jan, I'm assuming that's how it's spelt in German. Regardless of the spelling, I think it's nice that he cares for his homeland.

Makaveli

IPL Player
Jan 28, 2006
sirabi said:
Makaveli, I haven't seen anyone say he isn't Iranian, I'm not saying people haven't, but you create this thread as if the majority of people are denying him being Iranian. What I find funny is that you refer to the Hertha site for him saying he goes to Iran, but don't want to accept his other statement that he said he wants to play for Germany. When he says he wants to play for Iran, I and I am sure a lot of others, will be right up there saying he has to be called up, but until then good luck to him and let's hope he does Iran proud. But stop acting like he wants to play for Iran when his most recent statement was clearly the opposite.
sirabi jan, its a bit more complicated than just looking at everything black or white. you have to understand why he says what he says, in what context he says it, look at his other comments, and gain a rational understanding. i'de be glad to go through it with you, but i cant just take a statement and say that encapsulates everything, you cant work in sounbytes when it comes to these things.

Reporter

Bench Warmer
Apr 5, 2004
he is iranian for sure but he PLAYS for Germany!

ironic thing is that those tattos will probably stop him from playing for Iran anyway!

Don't foget our country is ran by freaks!

Jan 19, 2004
Germany
You know what's ridiculous?
No one of you guys knows Ashkan and his brother Aredeshir,but you take the right to condemn him!

I know him myself because I am living in Germany, he is a gentle guy and speaks fluently farsi,loves iranian food and always says that he is proud to be iranian!
Back to the time he was 18 I met him and asked him about the idea of playing for Iran,he told me it's his dream to do so,but six month before the world cup he got some calls from IRIFF and signalized his willingness to play for Iran and they promised to invite him!He was really excited and got a call every week till the final roster was announced and he didn't even get one chance!
So if someone pulls your leg (IRIFF) and doesn't take you for serious what would you do?
Of course he still loves Iran but respect is the only thing what counts in that case,don't forget he is a professional !
He doesn't need to show you how much iranian he's,he should know himself and he does for sure!
Please don't condemn people without knowing them and the background of their decisions!
I also would love to see him playing for Iran but let's be honest our country and the authorities aren't even half-pro so they are to blame!
PLEASE THINK ABOUT THAT!

ABall

Bench Warmer
Jun 15, 2006
whoknowwwws?
khashayar24 said:
Please don't condemn people without knowing them and the background of their decisions!
I also would love to see him playing for Iran but let's be honest our country and the authorities aren't even half-pro so they are to blame!
PLEASE THINK ABOUT THAT!
Quite agreeable here!

However, on the topic of the tatoo, I think the palor did a bad job. Sorry Ashkan, I don't like em.

Oct 1, 2004
khashayar24 said:
You know what's ridiculous?
No one of you guys knows Ashkan and his brother Aredeshir,but you take the right to condemn him!

I know him myself because I am living in Germany, he is a gentle guy and speaks fluently farsi,loves iranian food and always says that he is proud to be iranian!
Back to the time he was 18 I met him and asked him about the idea of playing for Iran,he told me it's his dream to do so,but six month before the world cup he got some calls from IRIFF and signalized his willingness to play for Iran and they promised to invite him!He was really excited and got a call every week till the final roster was announced and he didn't even get one chance!
So if someone pulls your leg (IRIFF) and doesn't take you for serious what would you do?
Of course he still loves Iran but respect is the only thing what counts in that case,don't forget he is a professional !
He doesn't need to show you how much iranian he's,he should know himself and he does for sure!
PLEASE THINK ABOUT THAT!
Oh come on now. If he had been invited to the World Cup squad after not having proven much then, it would have been a slap in the face of many other players who were not selected then.
He was not ready for the World Cup. Not saying TM was completely ready either but it would have been unfair to invited him.