AMAZING!!!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I saw the game on Eurosport with our own Naveed_kia as a commentator! He was cool! :) The other swedish commentator made a poopoo at one scene..when the bahraini goalkeeper took the ball, he said: and it's Iran's Mirzapour who.... (oops)!! LOL

Anyways, about the game...To me it's AMAZING that other than Nekounam's shot on goal, Iran didn't have a single goal chance!! NOT a single one!!!! I just can't believe it! ....and IRONICLY the only one line that we were so worried about (defense) was our best line in the game!

For the first time in my life I saw some big mistakes by Branko and here is my take on the game:

*Zandi sucked and should NOT have played from the start!

*When Navidkia came in, that position became more fruitful.

*Mob'ali should have started in that position!

*Golmohammadi should always play in the defense!

*Everyone looked like they just came from a 5 hour running competition

* We were VERY lucky we didn't lose!

*Now I understand why our european players other than Rezaei, usually warm the bench.

All in all, we need a big shock in TM, just like in the AC games after the "Rezaei-Baddavi" incident!

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
I thought Zandi did his job as defensive midfielder OK.Nothing special,but he was decent,with his tracking back and some good shows of passing.However,he didnt connect well with other players.It will take a little time.

I dont think we were LUCKY to draw.Because its not like they had many clear-cut chances.They had long-range shots and one header that went close.

They were better than us,but I dont think they deserved to win either.They get a 7/10.We had probably a 5.5/10 performance,but in terms of defending and getting a result,we did well!

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Our own as commentator?are u serious?!!!:cool: how come he didnt tell us?!

100% agree with what u said..loool@warming bench comment. hehe!that was meaaaan!!:p
I hate it when TM plays like this.cuz then I have no basically shut up and not praise TM like always..everyone at home bashing TM playing like "highschool teams" and Bahrain having a better team than TM,etc. :(ah aberum raft emruz!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Guys, you could easily see Zandi couldn't connect well with the other players! He needs much more playing time to become consistent. To let him play directly after only 2 training sessions, was a mistake by Branko. Even Navidkia who just came back from such a long injury was better than him. As I said Mob'ali should have started.

About Navid and commenting the game: Yeah...did you miss his post about it??? :)

Niloufar: I know!!!!!!!!! It's so typical! Also everytime I brag about TM for my friend's here, they always suck!! They have let me down so many times!

LOL@ everyone at your home though! :D What can I say...by seing the game, actually rast migan... :rolleyes:

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
I thought Zandi did well, its our other players around him that didnt... Hashemian looked so tired, he couldnt move to get any passes... Poor guy, F*cking Bayern... Anyways, maybe it was really hot and humid and our players were just dead, I dont know...

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Sly jAn, I think everthing you saw in this game was designed that way.
Poorly designed, but designed nontheless. Zandi started with specific
instructions to participate mostly in defensive "takhribi" moves. He did
his job. Navidkia was brought in late to give us more offensive posture
to try to snatch a win. That's why as soon as he entered, we went on
attack. However, you have to give a lot of credit to Juricic for predicting
that tactic and compensating for it. He pulled back his mids, clogged
up his defence, and went to his deadly counters through Hubail, even
creating more chances for Bahrain. I think Branko also wanted to bring
in Kazemian to beef up our attacks, but with Juricic neutralizing his
plans, Branko decided against that move and settled for a draw.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Eshghi jan, I agree with what you say but I thought even in "takhribi" moves, Zandi didn't really do well! Everytime he got the ball from bahrainis, the bahrainis took it from him again! :rolleyes: Also other than his freekick (which I thought was pretty good) and one good pass, I thought he was invisible. :rolleyes:

I think he needs more time to adjust with TM!

Anyways, you are right! I thought Bahrain's coach was great!!!

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
I thought he did alright.

Not great,but certainly not bad.

It was an acceptable performance on his debut.Remember Navidkia came on in the 60th minute when there were more tired legs and much more space to play in,as the first half was very tight space-wise.

But Im happy Moharram looked good.