Amazon up $120 today

Bache Tehroon

Staff member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I sold some AMZN today @ $1429. I had bought some shares at $64 in March of 2000.
Nothing wrong with taking your profits. AMZN is still a long, but perhaps a bit over-hyped recently. The problem with these tech stocks is the lack of historical data and comparison against sector or competition. They're too new. Microsoft, IBM and Oracle cannot be used as benchmarks or competitions for them. Their P/E means little for now.

I hear AliBaba has got a concrete support at $180. It won't go below it no matter how many people short it. More than $25 Billion sits on shorts against AliBaba (only 5% of its market cap but still significant).

Zob Ahan

Staff member
Feb 4, 2005
What a day. I'm glad I took some profits. Bought some Fedex today @ $240. Hopefully a quick turn around is in the books and if not FDX is a long time hold. I was happy with Twitter today but because of the overall market it didn't go up enough. The same with Snapchat.

Oct 18, 2002
let's keep things in perspective. the market has gone up 30% in the last 15 months. and it went back down 6%.

even a 20% correction would still put us back in pretty high prices by historical prices (current PE) not future earnings.

Zob Ahan

Staff member
Feb 4, 2005
let's keep things in perspective. the market has gone up 30% in the last 15 months. and it went back down 6%.

even a 20% correction would still put us back in pretty high prices by historical prices (current PE) not future earnings.
But at the current rate of decline it could only take 4-5 weeks to get where we were 15 months ago.