Stock/commodities Discussion

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
so it's a battle of walmart with 4000 stores for distribution vs amazon/wholefoods delivering goods right to the local whole foods store in the n'hoods.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Microsoft, Bumping Apple, Is Now the Most Valuable U.S. Company.

Microsoft closed Friday with a larger market cap than Apple’s, making the Redmond software giant the most valuable U.S. stock.

Microsoft’s stock rose 0.7% Friday, giving it a market cap of $851 billion, according to Nasdaq. Apple’s stock, which fell 1%, closed the day worth $847 billion. Microsoft briefly surpassed Apple in market cap earlier this week. The last time its stock was the most valuable in the U.S. was in 2002. Others such as GE, Exxon Mobile, and Apple have held that title since then.

For the past several years, Apple has ruled as the U.S. stock with the largest market cap. In August, Apple’s market cap even rose above the $1 trillion level, becoming the first U.S. stock to achieve that worth. Amazon shortly followed with a $1 trillion market value, but both stocks have since tumbled after indicating that their revenue this quarter could disappoint.

Source: http://fortune.com/2018/11/30/microsoft-bumping-apple-is-now-the-most-valuable-u-s-company/

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Apple is still getting hammered hard and around 170 today. The whole market has taken a huge beating this week and this goes for all the markets around the world. Too many negative sentiments in the air even though the fundamentals show a solid ground.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
My strategy is hold too. But the funds that I have I do continue to put money in them on a monthly basis. That part of my strategy never stops. My thoughts are that you have to buy the market at all prices if you are in it for the long haul. And if you truly believe that in time and in the future it will be higher than where it is now and have the ability to hold you can not go wrong. Now that can be wrong if a very long recession hits or some big war starts but under whats happening and my age that's been my strategy. I'd like to hear you guys too and how you view investing in the markets for the long haul.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Markets are PMSing for whatever reason. Like a woman on her period the market has been simply crazy lately.
There are too many negative sentiments in the market. I am not sure how closely you follow the markets but these inverted yield curve that took place a few days ago where the 5 year rate was lower than the 2 year rate has preceded the past 2 recessions. So that really jitters the markets. Now I am not sure when it happened back then how long it last for (If it was an event that happened just a few times, or lasted for a while)but it really gave the jitters to the markets. Now it can also be a phenomenon and the amount and types of trades that are happening that caused it but it definitely contributed to the downside heavy. Plus the China/USA trade war is a big deal and as you see Trump's words carry or have no real value for the time being which is really bad for market sentiment and confidence in the system. I believe the markets are just as much psychological as they are about numbers and fundamentals. So the psychology and verbiage of what's to come plays a very important role.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Markets are fucking crushed. Dow down over 1100 points from Friday and today. Trump really needs to STFU and sit back. He is bringing so much volatility and uncertainty to the markets.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ those are excuse, news don't move the market, news and event are to justify market moves for the most part. Market is up a huger % since Trump took over almost for no reason but the rich getting richer and paid off for picking Trump imho.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
^ those are excuse, news don't move the market, news and event are to justify market moves for the most part. Market is up a huger % since Trump took over almost for no reason but the rich getting richer and paid off for picking Trump imho.

When the president of the strongest economy talks the markets take notice and move heavily. It has happened for years but the issue with Trump is now he has talked so much that what he says is becoming worthless in terms of being able to have full faith in his direction and word. That in itself has spooked the markets. Stocks need direction and momentum in either way. This Trump phenomenon, him telling the feds what to do, and just opening his mouth and starting a trade war are all backfiring negatively.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
We had several chances to sell. Those who didn't are paying. Everything was pointing to a global slowdown.

http://forums.iransportspress.com/threads/is-a-recession-coming.87257/

What a disaster today too. From up 300 to closing down 350. This fed does not seem confident in his talks and the Trump factor is not helping either at all. At this point some analyst are saying its trading just like a bear market. One thing to remember is though that fear/greed can have a reversal factor too fast if a few things do actually change or point to the positive. Look at what has happened to FAANG stocks and how they have also been dragged through the mud. Apple notably with the huge downside. They were market leaders over the past year but now some of the steepest decliners. I think they have lost combined something in the neighborhood of 1.2 trillion since their highs and fully in bear territory.