first off you gotta understand that a $10 rise in amzn is only
1% rise.
second, stock evaluations are not only based on what profits
they make.if that was the case exxon,msft or mcd will be
in $1000 range by now.
finally, amzn never made any profits until recently.it lost billions
of $ for years but it's stock price still kept rising.see this article
for a history.

http://www.investopedia.com/stock-a...kes-money-no-one-cares-amzn-aapl-wag-azo.aspx

1% rise.
in $1000 range by now.
for a history.

http://www.investopedia.com/stock-a...kes-money-no-one-cares-amzn-aapl-wag-azo.aspx
that's a loss in profit so it's ok

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
1% rise.
in $1000 range by now.
for a history.

Thanks for the valuable math lesson. However my point was even after the 14% rally on Friday the stock is up today & no profit taking.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I don't understand. Sell at $700???
I am predicting that Amazon will once against come down a bit. maybe down 700. and then we can buy again.

wall street falls in love for a year or two. then they start complaining about their overspending.

I don't think it will go down to 300s again. unless there is massive account scandal or something. but 700s i can see.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
The only 2 stock that I won't sell, is Amazon, Google. and I am starting to think that way toward Ali baba. not because i know if Ali baba is the real deal.
just because my Ali baba position is so small. I am willing to take a chance.

as for Biogen stuff, I am just going to with index funds. my inclination is to get away from individual stocks and just to ETFS.
I have been following Europe VGK
and Indian PIN quite a bit.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I earned more in stock growth this month than working. First time ever this has happened to me!

I'm a fairly safe player. Mostly ETFs or Canadian banks. I don't own Amazon individually but it sure played its part in my recent gains :)
I bought a Canadian stock a month ago and am up 41%. B shares of Bombardier
How are the banks?

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I bought a Canadian stock a month ago and am up 41%. B shares of Bombardier
How are the banks?
Rock solid for the most part. There's literally no more powerful entity than the main Canadian banks (RBC, TD, CIBC, Scotia, BMO). These fuckers will never go down!

Believe it or not, it was pretty common for the average investor in Canada to distribute their entire portfolio on these banks. It sounds insane right now, but they actually did well!

Oct 18, 2010
rule 69 of investing says never invest in canadian stocks.
particularly if they are listed on the vc stock exchange and
if they are involved in mining and oil business.they are all
ponzi schemes.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
To those of you who invest in stocks, I used to do that but now I primarily invest in income property. I must say though if you bought Amazon at the right time, you hit it big time. I would invest in an S&P 500, something with a safe rate of return. The problem with investing in one or a couple of companies is you are screwed if it goes down. Of course, there is a risk involved with any investment.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Team melli. honestly investing in individual stocks per say is not that smart per say.

better to invest in passive indexes (ETFS). they are basket. that's better.

also dollar cost average. (meaning if you have $10,000). invest 1000 now. 1000 in six month , three month whatever.
that way you get some of the upside and downside.

nobody really knows if the market will go up or down. if we did. we woudl be crazy not to sell our house, our car. max out our credit cards and just go long or short on the markets.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
ChaharMahal jan. In my MBA class, my finance professor taught us a few things. Everyone I mentioned has an MBA but you don't need that, in order to make money. You are right on both accounts, never investing in individual stocks is not smart at all. First of all here are some rules before you decide to invest in the stock market.
1-Make sure you have no debts. This is obvious but you will be surprised, people do not do the ovious.
2-Make sure you have six months to one year of your annual salary saved up. One thing keeping me afloat is income property and saved income.
3-Make sure you have your liabilities taken care of such as house, car. Once you have all of those check marked off your list, you can think about investing.
When you invest you should
4- You want to spread your investments around so I will have a bulk in real estate but I will also later on add stocks again to it. Put about 10% into commodities as well Gold, Silver etc.
1-Spread it like you mentioned. If you have $10,000 like you said, invest $1,000, and add on to it, do not just do it all at once. That way you can adjust your investment. Here is an excellent article I found on CNN money What is better Mutual Funds or ETF's. Tell me what you think? I will provide the link for you. BTW good finance articles I like to read are from
1-WSJ
2-Forbes
3-CNN Money, just to name a few off the top of my head. This is the main partIf you want to invest a big chunk at once - for example, you're doing a rollover of a 401(k) or an IRA - you're better off with an ETF. By contrast, if you want to invest $200 a month (or you tend to invest sporadically with modest amounts of money), you're probably better off in a regular mutual fund; overall, the fees will be lower

So this is why I am leaning more to a mutual fund, it is the better option for what we were discussing, spreading it around. If you want to invest it all at once, then go with the ETF.[/FONT]

http://money.cnn.com/retirement/guide/investing_ETFs.moneymag/index5.htm

Last edited:

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
ChaharMahal jan. In my MBA class, my finance professor taught us a few things. Everyone I mentioned has an MBA but you don't need that, in order to make money. You are right on both accounts, never investing in individual stocks is not smart at all. First of all here are some rules before you decide to invest in the stock market.
1-Make sure you have no debts. This is obvious but you will be surprised, people do not do the ovious.
2-Make sure you have six months to one year of your annual salary saved up. One thing keeping me afloat is income property and saved income.
3-Make sure you have your liabilities taken care of such as house, car. Once you have all of those check marked off your list, you can think about investing.
When you invest you should
4- You want to spread your investments around so I will have a bulk in real estate but I will also later on add stocks again to it. Put about 10% into commodities as well Gold, Silver etc.
1-Spread it like you mentioned. If you have $10,000 like you said, invest $1,000, and add on to it, do not just do it all at once. That way you can adjust your investment. Here is an excellent article I found on CNN money What is better Mutual Funds or ETF's. Tell me what you think? I will provide the link for you. BTW good finance articles I like to read are from
1-WSJ
2-Forbes
3-CNN Money, just to name a few off the top of my head. This is the main partIf you want to invest a big chunk at once - for example, you're doing a rollover of a 401(k) or an IRA - you're better off with an ETF. By contrast, if you want to invest $200 a month (or you tend to invest sporadically with modest amounts of money), you're probably better off in a regular mutual fund; overall, the fees will be lower

So this is why I am leaning more to a mutual fund, it is the better option for what we were discussing, spreading it around. If you want to invest it all at once, then go with the ETF.[/FONT]

http://money.cnn.com/retirement/guide/investing_ETFs.moneymag/index5.htm
According to above nobody would own stocks.