Stock/commodities Discussion

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I sold some AMZN today @ $1429. I had bought some shares at $64 in March of 2000.
Nothing wrong with taking your profits. AMZN is still a long, but perhaps a bit over-hyped recently. The problem with these tech stocks is the lack of historical data and comparison against sector or competition. They're too new. Microsoft, IBM and Oracle cannot be used as benchmarks or competitions for them. Their P/E means little for now.

I hear AliBaba has got a concrete support at $180. It won't go below it no matter how many people short it. More than $25 Billion sits on shorts against AliBaba (only 5% of its market cap but still significant).

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
What a day. I'm glad I took some profits. Bought some Fedex today @ $240. Hopefully a quick turn around is in the books and if not FDX is a long time hold. I was happy with Twitter today but because of the overall market it didn't go up enough. The same with Snapchat.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
let's keep things in perspective. the market has gone up 30% in the last 15 months. and it went back down 6%.

even a 20% correction would still put us back in pretty high prices by historical prices (current PE) not future earnings.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
let's keep things in perspective. the market has gone up 30% in the last 15 months. and it went back down 6%.

even a 20% correction would still put us back in pretty high prices by historical prices (current PE) not future earnings.
But at the current rate of decline it could only take 4-5 weeks to get where we were 15 months ago.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
DBX up18%
NFLX up $12
TWTR up 5%
AMZN up $14
MSFT at an all time high

If my portfolio surpasses where it was at the end of January I am selling everything.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
DBX up18%
NFLX up $12
TWTR up 5%
AMZN up $14
MSFT at an all time high

If my portfolio surpasses where it was at the end of January I am selling everything.
Almost everyone smells a major drop, but no one is willing to sell just yet! I'm up majorly and quite worried about what's around the corner, but the data doesn't lie. Earnings are insanely good looking.

There are now more job openings than unemployed people. That's quite unheard of.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Almost everyone smells a major drop, but no one is willing to sell just yet! I'm up majorly and quite worried about what's around the corner, but the data doesn't lie. Earnings are insanely good looking.

There are now more job openings than unemployed people. That's quite unheard of.
I know but there is a lot of stuff going on beyond our borders which isn't good. Turkey and Brazil and Italy and Argentina and many countries borrowed lots of money in USD denomination and now need to pay back at higher interest rates and a higher $$ value. Not to mention the expansion has been long enough. I would rather sell and miss out on a few months of a rally that is on its last leg than be left holding the bag.

siavash_8

Elite Member
Mar 26, 2006
Facebook got hammered
The 19 percent drop vaporized $119 billion of the company's stock-market value; CEO Mark Zuckerberg saw his net worth fall by roughly $16 billion as a result. It was Facebook's worst trading day since going public in 2012

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Facebook got hammered
The 19 percent drop vaporized $119 billion of the company's stock-market value; CEO Mark Zuckerberg saw his net worth fall by roughly $16 billion as a result. It was Facebook's worst trading day since going public in 2012
K***e nanash. Among all the tech giants, FB is the only one I find quite evil. I refuse to buy their stock, but see them in some of the ETFs I hold. There's just something about their products and Zuckerberg himself that never sits well with me.