And That's it for him .....

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
At top form, no one in history can/could come close to this guy.

He played as if he truly came from another planet!

Thanks for all the entertainment and thanks for emerging during my lifetime.

At top form, no one in history can/could come close to this guy.

He played as if he truly came from another planet!

Thanks for all the entertainment and thanks for emerging during my lifetime.

My enemy at some point but he had his own style . Dazzling Technic, cool guy. good luck for whatever he'll be engaged with

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002

My enemy at some points but he had his own style . Dazzling Technic, cool guy. good luck for whatever he'll be engaged with
Dazzling technic, yet with pace. Strong and imaginative. His explosiveness and effectiveness during games were second to none. A complete player and more. A whole team on his own!

The only drawback was he had a relatively short career at top level football.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I don't think any player ever visibly enjoyed the game as much as Ronaldinho.

He's exactly what I want every football player to be like. A total show-off, but effective as hell.

Among the greatest including Messi, if anyone asked me which player I'd want to be, my answer would be Ronaldinho.

There was nothing professional about him. He was the perfect amateur.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
The only thing Messi would have an edge over him is consistency. Other than that, Ronaldinho was his teacher in all department.
lol, "EDGE" over him? this guy was good for like 2-3 years MAX ... Messi is performing at top level for so many years ...
Finishing, Messi is better, Free Kick Messi is better, Dribbling i say its a tie, Vision Messi is better ...

If Ronaldinho was Argentinian and Messi Brazilian, you would agree with me :)

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Comparing him with Messi is so weird :D

He truly underperformed in his career ... if he concentrated, he could have accomplished much more.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
The way he played was like he was a having a Sunday morning park game with so much time in his hand about to show everyone another out of his box of tricks with a smile on his face ,you could not help not loving him with the ball on his feet.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
lol, "EDGE" over him? this guy was good for like 2-3 years MAX ... Messi is performing at top level for so many years ...
Finishing, Messi is better, Free Kick Messi is better, Dribbling i say its a tie, Vision Messi is better ...

If Ronaldinho was Argentinian and Messi Brazilian, you would agree with me :)
Again the guy had a short career at top level, yes. But during that short career, not only Messi, no one else came to his level and it had nothing to do with being Brazilian or Argentinian. Finishing, Free kicks, pace, dribbling, shots, passes, being imaginative, explosiveness, power, vision, in all departments, Messi has to bow down and polish his shoes for him. No one but him has been marked as if he came from another planet when he was at top form. Not even Messi. That says it all.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Farewell Ronaldinho. Tossing around with the ball, his touch was so entertaining and effective. I'd take him over Neymar any day.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Again the guy had a short career at top level, yes. But during that short career, not only Messi, no one else came to his level and it had nothing to do with being Brazilian or Argentinian. Finishing, Free kicks, pace, dribbling, shots, passes, being imaginative, explosiveness, power, vision, in all departments, Messi has to bow down and polish his shoes for him. No one but him has been marked as if he came from another planet when he was at top form. Not even Messi. That says it all.
If you and I were to pick a team to play against each other with Messi on side and Ronaldinho on the other( presuming both at their peak ) , I would let you pick up which ever one you want and I would gladly pick the other one ...:)

Lover

Bench Warmer
Apr 11, 2008
Toronto
Football just sucks now. All speed and strength and no vision or creativity. Football ended for me when Zidane, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, and such players left. They would be destroyed by these machines we call football players today and that's a shame. I just watch TM and can not stand modern football: it just sucks, might as well watch basketball or hockey, same shit now days.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
If you and I were to pick a team to play against each other with Messi on side and Ronaldinho on the other( presuming both at their peak ) , I would let you pick up which ever one you want and I would gladly pick the other one ...:)
Most definitely we wouldn't be fighting about which players to pick. Complete agreement. ;) I'd just be sorry for your team's end result though! :D

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
This is my dream team with all the players from relatively modern times and at top form (without being biased for any country):

------------------------------------Buffon----------------------------------------

------Cafu-------------Nesta------------------Maldini--------------Roberto Carlos--------

-----------------------------------Makelele--------------------------------------------------

------Figo-------------------------Zidane---------------------------Ronaldinho------------

----------------------Ronaldo----------------Romario---------------------------------------

Subs: Casillas, Cannavaro, Thuram, Zambrotta, Davids, Kaka, Rivaldo, Beckham.....

I mentioned neither C. Ronaldo nor Messi because of both names being worn out. :p

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Ronaldihino was truly an amazing talent who moslty played as an attacking midfielder but was versatle enough to play winger and forward. I truly enjoyed his career both for club and country. When Ronaldihino was in his prime, it was hard to find anyone better. I salute you, respect and I am not even a Barce or Brasil fan however, I respect solid players who had a great career.