Ando Jaan, Kojayeee?

raminio05

National Team Player
One thing that has become very obvious to me from watching the last couple of games is that our defense just doesn't cut it, and we need a player who stays ~10-20 meters in front of our defense at all times and destroys the apponents attacks. Someone who has a nack for anti-football. Someone with gheyrat who will run his heart out for 90+ minutes.

What we are missing the most (apart from a good coach) is Ando.
I was never a big fan of him and Javad playing next to eachother, but that was when they were both playing as DM's. I say push javad up (because he obviously has the playmaking abilities), and have Ando as lone DM. That way, Javad and the wings will be the first line of defense, then Ando, then our slow central defenders. And also, spreading the field like this will allow for our defenders to play closer to our own goal, which will compensate for their lack of speed.

ANDO, WE NEED YOU!!!!!!!!!!

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
I would rather push Ando up than Javad

Ando has a great shot and with his pressing and ball winning abilities he would help us much more near the opponents goal and not allowing the opponent to start the attack in the first place.
Then Javad could play what he does best, a classic 6.

Dec 5, 2004
I am not so sure, Ando is in a short-term downturn in his playing Carrier, I will never give Javad's place to him, but Ando is needed, and he will be back!

raminio05

National Team Player
I would rather push Ando up than Javad

Ando has a great shot and with his pressing and ball winning abilities he would help us much more near the opponents goal and not allowing the opponent to start the attack in the first place.
Then Javad could play what he does best, a classic 6.
Ando doesn't have the offensive abilities and vision that Javad has.

I mean, he pretty much was our whole offense yesterday. The way he was feeding our wings and forwards yesterday with precision was a joy to watch.

Ando is just not as usefull with the ball at his feet.

BTW, Javad can shoot pretty well himself.

mehdy

Ball Boy
May 24, 2005
Japan
www.geocities.jp
Ando isn't natural DMF. He is Central MF.

He didn't defense well against 1st match of KSA.

So,we need the type of Kavianpour...Now,Adel Kolahkaj is Best DMF in IPL.

Alavi(Pas Hamedan),Ramezani(Foolad),Khani(Aboomoslem),P.Nouri(PP) are good candidates too.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
Ando doesn't have the offensive abilities and vision that Javad has.

I mean, he pretty much was our whole offense yesterday. The way he was feeding our wings and forwards yesterday with precision was a joy to watch.

Ando is just not as usefull with the ball at his feet.

BTW, Javad can shoot pretty well himself.
neither does e.g. lampard, but he still scores a lot of goals.

As said, his strength is about 2nd balls, shots from distance and pressing. He can't dictate the tempo of the game, so he is useless as a 6. He has to play more offensive.

it's also a fallacy to believe that defense is in your own half and offense in the opponent's half.

Nekounam's passing ability is much more needed in our own half to start the game and bring the ball up the field, because none of our defenders can do that really. Ando's aggressiveness and defensive work would be needed in the opponents half to make sure they can't start an attack.

Last edited:

ALI M.D

Bench Warmer
Jul 8, 2003
Montreal
Couldnt agree more. There is no doubt in my mind that if we had this guy we would have not lost nor tied Saudi and Korea. Its about being able to perform and keep the same pace for 90 minutes and not 30 min

raminio05

National Team Player
neither does e.g. lampard, but he still scores a lot of goals.

As said, his strength is about 2nd balls, shots from distance and pressing. He can't dictate the tempo of the game, so he is useless as a 6. He has to play more offensive.

it's also a fallacy to believe that defense is in your own half and offense in the opponent's half.

Nekounam's passing ability is much more needed in our own half to start the game and bring the ball up the field, because none of our defenders can do that really. Ando's aggressiveness and defensive work would be needed in the opponents half to make sure they can't start an attack.
i disagree with you on his ability to control the tempo of the game. Defensively, he definately can control the tempo. He may not be as good as Javad when it comes to controlling the tempo with the ball at his feet, but he still is capable.

His physical strenght, endurance, jumping ability, tackles, professional fouls, and his great ability to cover passing lanes and open space is what were missing in front of our defense.

Oct 18, 2002
I would rather give Pejman Nouri a chance. If Ghotbi becomes the coach, Pejman may be called up. Hopefully not as a left defender though.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
i disagree with you on his ability to control the tempo of the game. Defensively, he definately can control the tempo. He may not be as good as Javad when it comes to controlling the tempo with the ball at his feet, but he still is capable.

His physical strenght, endurance, jumping ability, tackles, professional fouls, and his great ability to cover passing lanes and open space is what were missing in front of our defense.

well, you say yourself that he is not good with the ball, so how can he control the ball when in possession in our own half?

Kaesra

Bench Warmer
May 29, 2006
Holland
Next match Nekou is suspended so Ando can step up

Side Note. Mobali, Kazemian etc can be invited now maybe even some talents living abroad altough it depends on the next coach. But we don't have daei's hate of some players anymore.

raminio05

National Team Player
ramin jun,

I was thinking the following for mid/up front.

-------------------- Ando----------------

---------------------Javad----------------

Shojaie---------Karimi---------Khalatbari

----------------Helecopter-----------------
I like that formation a lot, except we should switch shojaie with rezaei or Kia, and maybe play Karimi as a supporting forward instead of AM.

well, you say yourself that he is not good with the ball, so how can he control the ball when in possession in our own half?
he is not good offensively with the ball (i.e can't make the passes that are necessary for playmaking and setting up teammates).

Mahdi jaan, with Ando up and Javad back, whos going to be the general of our offense? Javad will be too limited with the passes he can make if he's coming into possesion of the ball near our own box.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Ghorbone Ramini..
At least you are on the same page as me..
We miss Ando, how can one even begin to say we rather see Kazemi there instead of Teymorian.
I miss his work rate, his aggressiveness, his gheyrat in times where everything seem lost, we lack that in Team Melli right now.

In fact, in Barnsley Teymorian the games he has played he has been very impressive.
So i don't think he is far off 100% form and fitness.

WE WANT TEYMORIAN BACK...He has been a missing link since the beginning of the qualifiers