Another Oil Platform blast in Gulf of Mexico!

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38973757/ns/us_news-life

Sabotage?
Many suspects come to mind - including the owners (for insurance money), Environmental wacos....
and of-course AN and his one-man toy submarines he bought from Russia. I wonder if IR shipped them to Venezuela.
Ya , I know. I was also thinking Glenn Beck and tea baggers as suspects, just to annoy The US President.

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
Exactly..masoud jon..I don't know whether U.S. needs a bigger government but certainly a much better one...this 700 billion military thing is a killing U.S...This mess was indeed started bY Reagan..and U.S. from Cater( Cheleh) oftad to chAh...

Do u know how much a person without insurance have to pay if he has a heart attack..and this is just for opning up the vanes (angioplasti) not a surgey ?..$57,000....its a fucked up system..no doubt about it..

Natural

IPL Player
May 18, 2003
^^^^^ WTF??!!

Yea it's not because off shore drilling is a tricky business and accidents tend to happen much more there, it's the environmental whackos that are behind it.. Yup I see ur logic..

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
I think it was in CNN few weeks ago in which the report surfaced that how BP used in its influence to free the Libyan bombers from Scotland and how they were awarded huge oil contracts in Libya after.

It is fact that there are no real proof behind any of these conspiracy theories and these are mostly made by some over excited imagination but at the same time, it is quite interesting that we have another accident in another platform so soon.

It is probably all coincident and just the luck of big oil companies these days but statements like big accidents ( platform blowing up) are part of off shore drilling and happen often since oil companies are big greedy cooperations can only come from people who probably are not aware of the advancement in this field and how much back up systems are in place and ...

I am sure we have some oil and gas engineers here among us who can answer these questions:

1) How old is the off shore drilling technology ?

2) How many active off shore platform do we have?

3) What is the rate of accident in this magnitude ( the platform blow up) has been in the past ?

4) What type of safety and back up and redundant systems are in placed in these platforms?

I have already spoken to a friend who is an oil and gas engineer about this after the first accident but since it was a while ago and I do not remember the exact numbers that he said, I will not make any comment on this and let the experts on the board answer these questions.