any good popup blocker for firefox?

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
I have the AdBlock plus, but it lets all popup ads through, most annoying are those who block a portion of my screen. I have checked all the settings on my pc and they are right on.I'm willing to even pay for a good blocker, which one do you guys recommend?
Thanks

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I have the AdBlock plus, but it lets all popup ads through, most annoying are those who block a portion of my screen. I have checked all the settings on my pc and they are right on.I'm willing to even pay for a good blocker, which one do you guys recommend?
Thanks
There is something wrong here.
You should be able to block them with AdBlock Plus both on chrome and firefox ( I use both browsers)

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Give me a web-site that you have a problem and I will test with my browser.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
I am sure this topic was discussed while ago, anyway problem with ads even with adblock plus?

Try this!

open Google Chrome.
In the top right > Click Menu Chrome
Click Settings > Click Show advanced settings

In the "Privacy" section, click Content settings.....
Use the "Cookies" section to change your settings:
To block all cookies, check the radio button Block sites from setting any data. When you use this setting, most sites that require you to sign in won't work.
To allow only first-party cookies and block all third-party cookies, check the box Block third-party cookies and site data. This setting will prevent third-party cookies from being accepted, even if you've added a site to the exceptions list and have chosen to allow its cookies.
Save your settings

This will prevent all ads from appearing even if this feature/these settings are not destined to block ads. :)
Now, check the address bar you'll see a blocked cookie icon.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
Popups can easily be blocked by the browser itself. No matter which browser, they all are able to block popups. I think its the Adware which is getting through and i recommend to get rid of Adblock infavour of either Adguard or UBlock. Both perform better and use less resources.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Ublock Origin is the best ad-blocker by a large distance. Adblock Plus is not what it used to be and it certainly isn't helpful with regards to pop-ups and scripts.

UBlock is insanely good.

And Chrome is the stupidest browser anyone could opt for. FireFox is much safer than Google's spyware called "Chrome". Even IE is a safer browser than Chrome these days.

Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
Chrome is still the fastest and the easiest to handle browser. I am very happy with it. About UBlock, yeah, along with adguard its the best solution to block ads and its really light on resources which used to be the strenght of Adblocker in the past but unfortunately not anymore.