Any good series to watch like breaking bad or dexter?

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
I am still hoping for them to add a few episodes to be honest and if you are into historical stuff (which i am) The last kingdom is a hell of a series. Its based on a gigantic historical book series written by Bernard Cornwell which i own and love. The story of a saxon (german) kid Uhtred being raised and loved by invading vikings and turning his back at those vikings at some point in order to help his own saxon people...just fantastic.

Another one i recommend is Zero Zero Zero. An italian mafiosi short series of just 8 episodes but i enjoyed every single of it. Italians do make great mafiosi series like Gomorrha, Suburra, The Hunter and this Zero Zero Zero.

Last edited:
I am still hoping for them to add a few episodes to be honest and if you are into historical stuff (which i am) The last kingdom is a hell of a series.
I think I recommended it here first :) It was pretty decent. The dialogues left quite a bit to be desired but overall I was glued to the screen the entire time.

Hell on Wheels, on the other hand, f***, I wish they could make episode after episode forever. This is still my most favorite speech in movie/television history:

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
I think I recommended it here first :) It was pretty decent. The dialogues left quite a bit to be desired but overall I was glued to the screen the entire time.

Hell on Wheels, on the other hand, f***, I wish they could make episode after episode forever. This is still my most favorite speech in movie/television history:

Not allowed to watch the clip in switzerland due to copy right issues of AMC networks. Could you find another one?
Have you ever tried any of those italian series?

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Just watched the clip you sent me. Yeah, i instantly remembered that speech. you know i dont know what to think of people like Durant. He is the embodiment of the american spirit: He was an asshole but an asshole that made things happen and those who were judging him were probably even bigger assholes.

Just watched the clip you sent me. Yeah, i instantly remembered that speech. you know i dont know what to think of people like Durant. He is the embodiment of the american spirit: He was an asshole but an asshole that made things happen and those who were judging him were probably even bigger assholes.
I love that American spirit and truly believe in what Durant says:
"Without me, and men like me, your glorious railroad could've never been built"

We live in a world where most good things we enjoy are because of people like Durant. History never appreciates these people.

Tehol Bedict

Aug 6, 2021
Helvetia 🇨🇭
Clickbait on Netflix is pretty good. Anyone seen it

Was surprised when everyone started speaking Persian a third of the way into the second episode lol.

This Shirazi-Aussie kid Raei is a good actor, I'm sure we'll be seeing more of him soon.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
The whole series is addictive, I'm not usually into thrillers but this one hooked me. The cast is all good, he has a good presence, look forward to seeing more as I think this must be his breakthrough role.
So far so good, tx for recommendation.
I watched the first few, I really like mini series.