Anybody into cryptocurrency?

Bache Tehroon

Staff member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Not sure why you think I am not relaxed? this is a thread about Crypto no? should we not be sharing news? I am just sharing what i read (positive or negative) ... I think everyone should do the same ...
Fariborz sometimes goes into "Mobser" mode :) He reminds me of a teacher I had who always said "Pesarjan shomaha ke chizi nemidoonid! Saaket bashid"

LOL!

Fariborz sometimes goes into "Mobser" mode :) He reminds me of a teacher I had who always said "Pesarjan shomaha ke chizi nemidoonid! Saaket bashid"

LOL!
Never meant such a thing , He knows about these things 1000X more than I do and that's for sure

Not sure why you think I am not relaxed? this is a thread about Crypto no? should we not be sharing news? I am just sharing what i read (positive or negative) ... I think everyone should do the same ...
Nah bro dont get me wrong thou. Not trying to say what or what not. just you push the Panic button every other day , lol :15:

A8K

Ball Boy
Oct 22, 2016
Other than buying low and sell higher to get out plan let me ask you this; are you willing to pay 10k for something another person paid $1k for a year ago?. In some cases yes, if you knew it would be worth more but I think general public has caught on by now, especially when theres 200 other alternatives.

I personally dont see bitcoin holding $3k worth in 12 months unless there's a use for it than other payment methods (cash, credit, gold) can't be used then maybe. Even gold pieces or bullions didn't catch on and in real life seem to be a more practical method.

A8K

Ball Boy
Oct 22, 2016
^ Good for him, there's definitely a range of price for any commodity and he happened to be on the correct side of guessing the bottom this time. It all depends what type of capital you have to invest and what your risk tolerance is. Especially if youre gonna get taxed on short term trades, it makes it even more undesirable.

I would guess easier to make money on the short side vs long side these days.

TeamMeli

Legionnaire
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV

A8K

Ball Boy
Oct 22, 2016
^LOL understand the frustration..

MF or ETF is really passive money sitting and that's what wall street likes.. they manipulate market easier when masses park the money..

most guys here want their money to perform.. so one truly needs to know the market and be able to bet on ultra long or ultra short funds while having some money sitting longterm in steady-gainer funds.

If one is extremely patient market can pay off well..but not consistently . I hope guys holding bag on bitcoin can retrieve most of their losses. There might be positive news for bounces but beyond beginning of the year, new crazy money is scarce to run up prices.

Good move Pooya and I want to advise please diversify your portfolio. I won't go no and on but if you insist on the stock market make sure it is a Mutual Fund or ETF,.

I say before you invest, make sure all debts paid off, including house if you have one and have one year of your salray saved up. Here is an article I found.

http://fortune.com/2018/02/06/bitcoin-price-cryptocurrency-historical-investment-losses/

Last edited:

A8K

Ball Boy
Oct 22, 2016
Yea me thinking $7500 the next stop and then $6k.

News playboy is getting in on the action with crypto and will accept it from other adult sites.

So we got VEnezuela and playboy in now, add IR to the mix and you have a party.

Bache Tehroon

Staff member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Google now banned Crypto ads as well. BTC dropped another 10%. The end is near guys.
This is not the end of crypto by any stretch. It's not even a correction. You have to realize, Bitcoin is still up many hundreds of percents over the past 2 years.

The end will come when there is much much much more money to be swallowed by the regulation mafia (banks). Wait for it. We're not there yet.

A8K

Ball Boy
Oct 22, 2016
Not sure how or why but the article claims US government wasn't able to seize bitcoin tucked in wallet as an asset in a civil case.. I guess they don't have the means in place yet.

Every single year, approximately $12 billion in assets are seized in the United States. The vast majority of these assets are never returned, nor are they fought for, usually because once the assets are seized the individuals no longer have the money to pay an attorney. Unlike in criminal court, in civil court an attorney will not be appointed to you free of charge if you can not afford one. What does the government do with these seized assets? They are handed directly to the department which seized them. They are used to give raises and purchase new vehicles and equip for the very same agents and officers who seized the assets.

It’s one thing to seize assets after someone has been indicted, or perhaps convicted of a crime, but it’s another thing to seize assets and never even charge a person with a crime, while using the threat of criminal charges as a means to coerce money from that individual. It’s sickening, especially once you’ve lived through it all.
the government also told us that they could get us on an additional count of money laundering because we moved our Bitcoin, an online cryptocurrency, from our Coinbase account to a paper wallet. For those unfamiliar with cryptocurrencies, think of Coinbase as Paypal and a paper wallet as cold hard cash. Being that the Bitcoin was on a paper wallet, this was the only asset that the government had no way of seizing. When we explained to them that the only reason we moved the Bitcoin was because they issued a subpoena to Coinbase who then forced us to close our account, they all simply shut their mouths.

http://ir.net/news/politics/128264/ed-krassenstein-brian-krassenstein/