Anybody into cryptocurrency?

A8K

Ball Boy
Oct 22, 2016
Bitcoin 7500 is here already!??? wonder what it closes as.

Is anyone informed as which markets it gets traded in? sounds like can trade it 24 hours which means from far east (even New Zeland) to west coast of california it gets traded.. or do some exchanges open and trade 24 hours???

** update
touched 7300 and possibly surge to $9500 plus levels since korea allows trading again..

Last edited:

A8K

Ball Boy
Oct 22, 2016
Telegram going public ( also touted as top 5 ICOs of the 2018) and its aim to become full service blockchain ecosystem ( recenty raised under $2bil by way of ICO #TONS) seem to be the excuse to ban it in Iran

Hassan Firouzabadi, secretary of the country's High Council for Cyberspace, yesterday pushed for Telegram to be blocked in Iran on state TV, saying the firm's dominance in Iran was "the enemy of the private sector" and adding:
"Telegram has officially announced that it will be used as an economic platform, and Telegram will undermine the national currency of Iran."

“We cannot allow [Telegram’s virtual] currency to enter the country,” he continued, reportedly adding that its presence could lead to as much as $50 billion being funneled out of the country.

That said, the proposal does not have universal support among Iranian officials. President Hassan Rouhani, a moderate, reportedly declared his opposition to the ban in a meeting with other high-ranking officials.

“Nobody is opposed to breaking Telegram’s monopoly [in Iran], but blocking Telegram is not the solution for creating [and enhancing] local messaging applications,” he reportedly said.​
On March 31, according to the news source, parliament member Alaeddin Boroujerdi said the move to block the messaging app "was a decision made at the highest levels, and Telegram will be replaced by a domestic app."

A8K

Ball Boy
Oct 22, 2016
Crypto is still alive .. 7k is not chump change but idea originally geared to make life easier and decentralize currency seem to have fallen in the hands of the very same ppl controlling money and world finance.

A8K

Ball Boy
Oct 22, 2016
^ pure gamble (unless you're suggesting to short it, which might be a gamble too, I did say downward to $6k when it was $7.5) .. what metric or support do you use in that suggestion ? other than the fact that some contrarians have been right some of the times in the past?

crypto was a tool to decentralize control of the money and turned into a manipulation tool and get rich quick scheme.. not saying it's done but it sure got hyped beyond imagination.

Bache Tehroon

Staff member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
^ pure gamble (unless you're suggesting to short it, which might be a gamble too, I did say downward to $6k when it was $7.5) .. what metric or support do you use in that suggestion ? other than the fact that some contrarians have been right some of the times in the past?

crypto was a tool to decentralize control of the money and turned into a manipulation tool and get rich quick scheme.. not saying it's done but it sure got hyped beyond imagination.
Pure gamble indeed as I have stated multiple times under this thread (even discouraging myself from discussing the matter when BTC was hyped up to $25K).

It's an emotion-driven equity much like many stocks. You can always make money if you keep a cool head during the market's emotional swings. BTC has fallen into a volatile emotional swing and will surely pendulum back and forth a few more times before stabilizing. It's not a GE or Boeing stock supported by earnings. It's a crypto currency purely driven by speculation and investor emotion. The sentiment will reverse.

A8K

Ball Boy
Oct 22, 2016
^ yes and still trading way bellow 200 ema daily and $4850 seem to be the immediate support.. (with the little I know)

Takes certain stomach to get involved, and would have loved to know if anyone here trades it daily or short term has trouble with liquidity or orders getting processed or get executed as they expect.

Bache Tehroon

Staff member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
^ yes and still trading way bellow 200 ema daily and $4850 seem to be the immediate support.. (with the little I know)

Takes certain stomach to get involved, and would have loved to know if anyone here trades it daily or short term has trouble with liquidity or orders getting processed or get executed as they expect.
I have no trouble selling my bits immediately as they come. I haven't bought for a while (I only cash my deposited mining payouts).

I'm guessing people are not having trouble buying either since the trades are almost immediate.

A8K

Ball Boy
Oct 22, 2016
bitcoin showing nice strength, first time it's being tested when there's action on the republican side bombing something LOL.

** comment below was confusion of dollar price in Iran and crypto bitcoin threads.. don't worry soon will get there

^ are you 3-ri-you-3 ? damn I need to ck into it... soon noon taftoon would be like 25000 toman

** update cardano huge lift on news of exchange listing

https://www.newsbtc.com/2018/04/17/cardano-climbs-higher-binance-expands-ada-listings/

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2016
Matthew Mellon is probably not in it as he's "out" ! Billionaire banking heir Matthew Mellon has died, reportedly at a Mexican rehab facility. He was 54. Mellon was a scion of the Mellon and Drexel banking families.

Mellon made his fortune in cryptocurrency, turning a $2 million investment into $1 billion.