Anyone into Road Cycling?

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Anyone here into Road Cycling?

I picked it up 2.5 years ago and it's the only thing that makes me relax and chill. It's my kind of meditation.

Anyone else into it? if yes, we should share Strava and such.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
CLOSE dude I do mtn biking. Whatever makes you relax do it dude. The three things that relax me are playing piano, martial arts and working out so I can relate. Cycling is a good sport and not as impact on the joints like running. Just please stretch before and after every bike ride, I don't want to see you pulling a hammy or get another injury and be sidelined on the bench. Too bad in LV there is only one good place to go MTN biking, Red Rock. In Cali, there were tons of good spots and I was close to Angeles National Forrest. We do pretty intense rides(my friends and I). You start at La Canada and you end the trail 7 miles later, in JPL. Keep in mind it is mountainous so steep hills, it is not a flat road so it is challenging. There are spots where it is too rocky and you have to pick your bike up, suspensions won't save you. Oh only heads up MTN bikes can cost money a new Cona or Giant can cost $4,000 but I got a good used one only a few years for under $2,000.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
CLOSE dude I do mtn biking. Whatever makes you relax do it dude. The three things that relax me are playing piano, martial arts and working out so I can relate. Cycling is a good sport and not as impact on the joints like running. Just please stretch before and after every bike ride, I don't want to see you pulling a hammy or get another injury and be sidelined on the bench. Too bad in LV there is only one good place to go MTN biking, Red Rock. In Cali, there were tons of good spots and I was close to Angeles National Forrest. We do pretty intense rides(my friends and I). You start at La Canada and you end the trail 7 miles later, in JPL. Keep in mind it is mountainous so steep hills, it is not a flat road so it is challenging. There are spots where it is too rocky and you have to pick your bike up, suspensions won't save you. Oh only heads up MTN bikes can cost money a new Cona or Giant can cost $4,000 but I got a good used one only a few years for under $2,000.

Dude, no disrespect. I know you mean well. But I'm asking about road bikes and you write about Mountain Bikes. I mean..

Just tell me an anecdote about Lance Armstrong next time.

Thanks.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Dude, no disrespect. I know you mean well. But I'm asking about road bikes and you write about Mountain Bikes. I mean..

Just tell me an anecdote about Lance Armstrong next time.

Thanks.
Um I was just trying to say that I like to bike as well that is all. Sure thing I will think of a good Lance Armstrong joke next time. @BT jan it was a simple mistake and I am a monkey now? Um Ok and @BT just to let you know, you double posted dude so see, everyone makes mistakes, no need to make fun, just saying. :)

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Um I was just trying to say that I like to bike as well that is all. Sure thing I will think of a good Lance Armstrong joke next time. @BT jan it was a simple mistake and I am a monkey now? Um Ok and @BT just to let you know, you double posted dude so see, everyone makes mistakes, no need to make fun, just saying. :)
Dude don't be that guy. No one said you're a monkey. It was so funny that Mahdi got no replies but yours and even yours was so irrelevant! His reply was even funnier! LOL!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Dude don't be that guy. No one said you're a monkey. It was so funny that Mahdi got no replies but yours and even yours was so irrelevant! His reply was even funnier! LOL!
Ok my bad and misunderstanding dude same here, that is why I said double post. BTW I noticed that shit with myself it posts it twice I don't know what is up. Is there something up with the forum dude?

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Anyone here into Road Cycling?

I picked it up 2.5 years ago and it's the only thing that makes me relax and chill. It's my kind of meditation.

Anyone else into it? if yes, we should share Strava and such.
Nothing relaxes you like a nice bike ride. I started to ride every weekend while recovering from a knee injury. It is amazing how fast you can improve your stamina riding a bike. Climbing hills which at the beginning seem undoable become so easy just after few sessions. Where I live, we have the luxury of riding 12 months a year and it never gets old when your route is next to pacific coast line. Used to do just a 20 mile loop but had to stop because of a neck injury. Slowly but surely, I am getting back to riding my bike again.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I'm more of a hiker/nature-freak kind of person, but you guys are getting me interested in this biking thing. What kind of bikes you got?
I don't like to ride the typical road bike because I feel uncomfortable. I ride a not so fancy 21 speed hybrid bike which looks like this:
HybridBike.jpg

It is not expensive and you can also ride it on dirt if you have to. In may case, the route I take includes some canyon which does not require a mountain bike but can be rough on a road bike.

Nov 24, 2002
I have done lots of biking last year, twice a week during weekend and for 3-4 hours each time and will soon restart doing it, i agree with Finally, it is really good to make you relaxe. also have to say having a good bike make you more motivated when you become more into it. Having a crappy bike is like asking a Musician to play with crappy instrument, it just drain all motivation and feeling IMO.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
I have done lots of biking last year, twice a week during weekend and for 3-4 hours each time and will soon restart doing it, i agree with Finally, it is really good to make you relaxes. also have to say having a good bike make you more motivated when you become more into it. Having a crappy bike is like asking a Musician to play with crappy instrument, it just drain all motivation and feeling IMO.
yes that's totally true. even small details like a new helmet or different pedals are motivating to ride.

also the area where you live is one of the most beautiful worldwide to ride.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Nothing relaxes you like a nice bike ride. I started to ride every weekend while recovering from a knee injury. It is amazing how fast you can improve your stamina riding a bike. Climbing hills which at the beginning seem undoable become so easy just after few sessions. Where I live, we have the luxury of riding 12 months a year and it never gets old when your route is next to pacific coast line. Used to do just a 20 mile loop but had to stop because of a neck injury. Slowly but surely, I am getting back to riding my bike again.

yes you guys in California have incredible luxury in that regard.

Nov 24, 2002
also the area where you live is one of the most beautiful worldwide to ride.
That is true, there are lots of bike routes and it is really beautiful. There is for sure culture for it and because of the weather there are more bike lines in streets.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
yes you guys in California have incredible luxury in that regard.
I do not do road cycling but in LA I went Mountain biking all the time. One tough trail is Schwitzers: you start at La Canada and end up in JPL about a 7 mile taril but some rugged and steep terrain. Road cycling is great in Cali, especially on the coast, one thing I miss about living in Brentwood. You were close enough to bike to Santa Monica. You could do like a nice Brentwood, Santa Monica, Malibu trail and back because it is FLAT. Cycling is good for you because it is easier on the joints than running. Cycling and swimming are the best. Las Vegas has RED ROCK and that is pretty cool but not the same as Cali. Angeles Crest s also awesome for road cycling btw, For those of you in the foothills or West side, take advantage!