Argentina, an atelte farm?

Intoxicated

Bench Warmer
Dec 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
hi all,

have you guys/gals noticed how argentinians are becoming more and more dominent in sports??

i mean before it was just thier soccer.now look at the list of top 20 tennis players and you see at least 5-6 are argentinians !!

that aside what about volleyball !! olympics says it all..
and now basketball (please dont say its all because of ginubli)..basketball is not a one man game.

these are just afew examples..they are also competetive in futsal, handball etc.

I know they are the most educated hispanic nation but what does that have to do with sports .not sure

Best regards,
Bardia

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
well..they used to have more money back then. if it wasn't for US and their south america policy, argentina could well be a super power itself now...or at least a country with a lot to say.

my theory is that it's because of their excellent beef!

anoush

Bench Warmer
Aug 14, 2004
Intoxicated said:
hi all,

have you guys/gals noticed how argentinians are becoming more and more dominent in sports??

i mean before it was just thier soccer.now look at the list of top 20 tennis players and you see at least 5-6 are argentinians !!

that aside what about volleyball !! olympics says it all..
and now basketball (please dont say its all because of ginubli)..basketball is not a one man game.

these are just afew examples..they are also competetive in futsal, handball etc.

I know they are the most educated hispanic nation but what does that have to do with sports .not sure

Best regards,
Bardia

You say they're Hispanic, but the majority of Argentians are of Italian descent e.g. look at their football players: Zannetti, Crespo, Claudio Caniggia, Daniel Passarella, not many Garcias, Lopezes or Diazes in there eh...