Argentinian Primera Division

Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
Well i think the argentinian league is worth a try. After decades of watching european football, at some point it became a little monotonous, at least for my liking. The brazilian league is a bit sloppy, players over there can get lazy at times and so are the games but the Argentinians are tenacious people, they are like Mexican boxers in lightweights, they are tenacious as hell, give their all and do whatever it takes to win and when they lose you can be sure they have made their opponents pay a high price for the win :)

The least you get from the Argentinians is passion, the not give up mentality and also technically sound football. You always can spot new young talents brought up by Argentinian teams.

There are two teams i like in Argentina its Rosario Central and Colon de Santa Fe. Rosario Central i know for a long time but Colon is a team that i started to watch just recently and actually by pure chance. Here is the full game between Rosario Central vs. Colon which i thought could be interesting to watch just in order to try out something new. For Colon, keep in eye on their Nr. 10 Alan Ruiz. A fantastic young player with a strong upper body and great skills. The same goes out to that 19 years old Giovani Lo Celso of Rosario Central playing with the Nr. 21.

[video=youtube;u7EMSEjRgtU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7EMSEjRgtU[/video]

Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
Great game and great atmosphere in one of the greatest rivalries in football. Rosario Central vs. Newells Old Boys. This is one of the most heated rivalries in the world between two teams from the city of Rosario.

[video=youtube;vrU60ZNHT-M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrU60ZNHT-M[/video]

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I think watching a league is so much more attractive when you are a fan of a team. This is a great league but since they don't have huge fan base around the world, it is hard to follow them. At the end of the game, I have few hours to watch football and can't follow every league.

Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
I think watching a league is so much more attractive when you are a fan of a team. This is a great league but since they don't have huge fan base around the world, it is hard to follow them. At the end of the game, I have few hours to watch football and can't follow every league.
Well, i dont get it to be honest. The league is not followed by many around the world so you cant follow it either? Hm...i am trying it and it works well :)

As i said, i know Rosario Central for quite some time. They call them "Academia" (The Academy) because of their traditionally good youth work. Argentinian NT players like Mario Kempes were playing for them too.
I for my one just reduced the european games and started to watch the Argentinian league. At some point i felt like i was watching european games that actually werent worth being watched so i just tried to give something else a try and it was worth it.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
This has been the game of the week in Argentina which ended a couple of hours ago. Colon vs. Union is a fierce and often very violent rivalry between the two teams out of Santa Fe. Unlike the Rivalry of the two bigger teams Rosario Central and Newells Old Boys, in classico of Santa Fe bad blood is always involved. Its funny, when the Union players go for a corner kick, the policemen stand there and keep their shields above the head of the Union player to protect him from stuff that could be thrown at him :)

This heated rivalry is always worth to watch.

[video=youtube;x6PMTy2MgXs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6PMTy2MgXs[/video]

Last edited:

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
I watched some Rosario games lately. They have a great young manager in Coudet. I've always been more impartial to Newell's for obvious reasons but Rosario is right now the best team in Argentina.
Racing also plays some very good football. (Again, always more with Independiente)

Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
I started liking Central long ago. In the 80s they had a player named Omar Palma and i somehow liked the guy and the way he played. He was a little guy with great abilities and surprisingly a very good shot. They had a long time habit to always play their young players which was supported by the fact that they were always dedicated to the youth work and have brought up a lot of great players. This is why they (aswell as Racing) are called "Academia".

Why do you like those "Leprosos" btw? :)

Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
Central vs. Sarmiento. Happy that Central won but it was a hard fought game against the worst team in group. They put up a good fight

[video=youtube;jOfDY1fVWVw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOfDY1fVWVw[/video]