As we look back

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC McElroy

Football Fan
Oct 19, 2006
www.youtube.com
Time really flies away. Sometimes 4 months seem like 1.

It's almost 4 months since that devastating game against Mexico. But relax, I'm not posting this in order to bring back bad memories. It's merely a discussion for the more sophisticated elite of the ISP forums.

Branko left 3 months ago. Since then, many of us have been sceptical about the things going on regarding our football.

For instance, when Ghalenoi was appointed, I thought it would mean the end for Iranian football. I saw TM being filled with Esteghlali players. Now don't get me wrong, even though I sympathize other teams, it wasn't the fact that the players were from Esteghlal, but that our national team had turned into a club team. If our club teams would have been strong in the first place, I wouldn't have bothered. But we haven't really been successful the latest years in the AFC Champions League (except for PAS' campaign 2 seasons ago).

Is there anything to positive about? Well, I'm worried, I can't deny that.
When Teymourian was transferred to Bolton I saw a great opportunity for him to improve, just as Javad Nekounam has improved in Spain lately. I think it's great beacuse Javad had started to stagnate in his development after our qualification for the World Cup in June of 2005. Now all of a sudden he's back on track, and I'm very happy for it. Also Vahid hashemian has started to score some goals again, and his goal against South Korea once again confirmed the fact that he is one of our best strikers. We must be patient with him, as he is also one of very few true gentlemen in today's football!

In the menatime, some other players who also have a big impact on our national team have started to perform poorly. I'm talking about Mahdavikia and Karimi. To be honest with you I haven't seen all their games, but I've been following news, articles and even highlight clips from here and there.
I don't know if Ghalenoi is the right man to fit these players into our national team. I don't see what he could to to have them more integrated in our team.

Rahman Rezaei's move from Messina to Livorno has only done him good. Great to see him in pictures beside Kaka and other international superstars. He's a keyplayer in our defence!

Finally, I must praise Ghalenoi for one move though. I don't wish to say that Mirzapour is a great goalkeeper now. But the way I see it, he has improved ever since Ghalenoi showed him that he isn't guaranteed a spot like during Branko's reign. What we saw in the South Korea game was a solid performance, and hopefully we will see more solid performances from one of 2 weak links in our team (the other one used to be the left back position).

I don't know how long Ghalenoi will stay as our headcoach, but I hope it won't be too long. I hope we'll have a new coach for the upcoming WC2010 qualifications. And hopefully by then, we'll have a stable left back, an 90 minutes/week performing Teymourian in Bolton and a happy Ali Karimi in harmony with the rest of the team and staff. And of course, a Mehdi mahdavikia in the form of his life.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2006
Nice I agree 101%
But do you really expect Mahdavikia to play in the next world cup?
He is going to be the next Navazi come back to Iran and play in either ES or PP.

KC McElroy

Football Fan
Oct 19, 2006
www.youtube.com
It's a good thing to see more legioners in these games. We should never underestimate the weaker opponents. It's also a chance for many of our "fixed" TM players to find more coordination and becoming better together. On the other hand, this closes the door for IPL players to try to enter TM. It could also lead to a more passive and lame attitude among the IPL players as they might feel that "it doesn't matter how hard I try, I won't get in anyway".

RoozbehAzadi

National Team Player
Nov 19, 2002
westwienmaskulin said:
then buzz off to PFDC...

ba dorood
ba sepass

And Vahid Hashemian is a traitor and finished..

ba sepass
ba dorood
LOL!!!

I didn't know that Iranian football forums have "elites"
ajab ajab!:kick::Iran1:

Westi you forgot to add that "Daei didn't score any goals, but at least he was the hardest working player on the field today in Dortmund." :--zaboon:

RoozbehAzadi

National Team Player
Nov 19, 2002
westwienmaskulin said:
Ken..what happens when you gooz into a glass and then set it on fire??

Does this hurt the O-Zone hole?
KC McElroy said:
To find out the answer to that question contact me privately as it is not relevant to the topic.
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!

:king-daei:king-daei:king-daei:king-daei:king-daei

AliMR

Bench Warmer
Mar 25, 2005
peyz said:
dastet dard nakoneh digeh ..... !:confused:
yr welcome. PFDC IS SHIT. its the heavy handed moderators that have total control and exercise their "abilities" with unimaginable double standard. just go and see how many threads they close a day. Their moderators break the rules, nothing happens.

This is ISP. Don't mention that Shithole PFDC again.
thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.