Ashna for tm

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Fajr sepasi shiraz goaltender Ashna was a wall today against esteghlal. He played nearly a perfect game and definately showed his superiority over mirzapour. I think he at least deserves a chance to start in a decent international to prove himself further.

Mirzapour is not and has never been a stable goaltender (in fact more of a liability), and without a stable goaltender tm will be at a distinct disadvantage in the world cup.

Nov 24, 2002
i only watched the first half ! IMO enayati's goal in first half was a goal! when refree called it no goal because of foul on goali!
that was a 100% goal and ashna was the one to blame if they called it goal!

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
He played a great game and showed good potential, he deserves a chance, because mirzapour is not reliable. Do I need to remind everyone of QPR and game against japan.

ali md he changed clothes because he wore same colours as ref in first half or something like that and he had to change to other clothes. He was probably uncomfortable and changed for second half.

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
he showed some potential but I would not promote him to NT just because of one game... then agian, I don't know how he has performed in other games but he did play a damn good game. If it was not for him they would have probably lost. The Ref's did make many bad calls in the game on both teams...

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
It should take a hell of a lot more than a single good game to make it to TM.
If you watched IPL last year, AshenA was IMO THE WORST goalie in IPL
who made elementary school level mistakes.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
well since all of you are having sch a laugh about it, why don't you name a goaltender who is better and more consistent than he is. Its very easy to criticize, but not so easy to actively try to help tm. I don't really care who is invited to tm as long as they are the best tender in iran. I believe mirzapour is a liability for iran in the world cup. Lets help to find a suitable replacement and if not that a good backup.

and bacheh tehroon I don't know how long you have been watching football, but Ashnahs game was nearly flawless today. Do not make rash comments if you have not seen the game or do not have the knowledge to judge a good performace when it is right in front of your eyes.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Ashna deserves a chance ,he has always impressed me when I watched him ,confident and good physique and technique and vision ,he was at fault on Enayati's perfectly legal goal,but don't forget it was a good cross to near post and Enayati got there very quick !

Ashna ,Ershad Yousefi and Talebloo are the most consistent goalies in Iran and they can challenge Mirza if given the chance ,but Talebloo looks very promising !

:music:

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
I havent seen his other games this season but credit where its due, he was great today. He made great saves, good positioning and always aware of the dangerious ball/players around him.

As others said, I dont think he should be called up for TM based on playing one great match.

soccermaster

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
He was great today but he had a crucial mistiming on Enayati's header. He was late in coming out. Ashna and many other goalies problem is that they are not consistent (Remeber Tabatabi's great game against Denmark? What happen after that). Hussain Ashna got invited to TM camp couple of months ago but was not selected. He is probably 5 or 6th goalies in IPL after Mirzapour, Vaezi, Sabeti (Paykan?) and Taleblou.