Asian Champions League QF: (Esteghlal vs Al-Sadd// Persepolis vs Al-Duahil )

24abadi

Football Fan
May 5, 2016
It seemed like our players were satisfied with the scoreline. That goal was probably the only difference between both teams during the game.

As I expected, we don't have much creativity and rely on 13 players until mid-season. That's where good youth teams would've helped us.

We need 100.000 fans and some Iranian Gheiat to make a comeback. The Arab players need to be intimidated for 90-120 minutes. I believe in my team.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
yeah but old 1960s 1970s Mercedes were quality and they would also still run in Germany or Austria. German coaches of the 90s were mainly pathetic.
True, but in Germany they need a cat converter to be allowed on the road!
This German coach is doing well in Taj, better than the local idiots like Azizi and kohan.

Nov 24, 2002
I just watched the few minutes of the match, but what a pussy mentality by Branko and PP players, they were just happy with 1-0 result and it seems Al-Sadd is much stronger. Branko ro joon be jonesh konan hamoun gohi ke boud hast!

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2002
It seemed like our players were satisfied with the scoreline. That goal was probably the only difference between both teams during the game.

As I expected, we don't have much creativity and rely on 13 players until mid-season. That's where good youth teams would've helped us.

We need 100.000 fans and some Iranian Gheiat to make a comeback. The Arab players need to be intimidated for 90-120 minutes. I believe in my team.
This is the difference between CQ and Branko, as Fatso said, Branko is not a motivator.

You should have seen Jalal interview before the match, is like they are facing Barca or Real!!

24abadi

Football Fan
May 5, 2016
This is the difference between CQ and Branko, as Fatso said, Branko is not a motivator.

You should have seen Jalal interview before the match, is like they are facing Barca or Real!!
I think he said that same during last ACL season as well. Jalal always tries to warn the teammates/fans of too much arrogance and puts pressure on club managers. He has become a kind-of spokesman, because nobody in our club has the will (or the courage) to do that. They are a bunch of yes-sayers.

Edmilson was bought for 6m euros (70b Toman), which is twice as much as Perspolis spends on its entire squad for two seasons. On the other side, Perspolis was banned from signing players, which wasn't even the biggest problem. Thanks to our management, nine player contracts were running out in summer (during the WC) and only four players extended their contracts. That's not how you keep a team, that wants to win trophies.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
True that 1-0 loss in Qatar is not a bad result... however let's not forget that this Al Duhail team won't sit back and watch in the return match, they have very capable players. PP on the other hand had a few good chances and could have got a better result if they had been a bit wiser. Hope they can overcome this result in Tehran. On a different note, qatari TV showed the only goal of the match perhaps about 100 times during the match, very unprofessional!

Nov 24, 2002
It is funny none of our keepers experts here(Oghab, Kasra, Finally), mention how Beiranvand is back to his shitty form before WC, last week bad goal against Sanat and today Duhail goal:

https://tamasha.com/v/WlDy9

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Some people always claim Iranian players are underrated and are worth more money than they get paid in IPL because there's not enough money in IPL. The truth is, most of them are not worth what they get paid in IPL either.

I have no idea how it's possible to fall so behind in player development and club management, but Iran has the weakest league among Asia's top 10 nations. This was not the case even 10-12 years ago.