Asian Champions League QF: (Esteghlal vs Al-Sadd// Persepolis vs Al-Duahil )

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
WOW... Love it.. What a day... What a comeback. For once its our team that comes back. Dameshoon garm...

CQ is always 3-4 classes above Branco but Congrats to Branco today and what he did for PP. Haal kardam.

Nov 24, 2002
I never liked Branko, but despite having a limited squad, he has done good job, If only he knew how to defend. Persepolis was head and shoulder better than Qatari team today. Finishing was an issue though. We could have scored couple more.

What did i say? Duhail defense was worse than Mahallat team.
No it wasn't. Duhail simply lost the stamina battle. Perspolis must be the best physically trained team in Iran's history. If football was 180 minutes instead of 90, Perspolis would've won this game 10-1. They were clearly superior to Duhail at the end of the game when that wasn't the case at all in the first 60 minutes.

Nov 24, 2002
Alipour was man of the match IMO. He is probably the only PP player beside Beiranvand who deserve the call to TM.

Nov 24, 2002
No it wasn't. Duhail simply lost the stamina battle. Perspolis must be the best physically trained team in Iran's history. If football was 180 minutes instead of 90, Perspolis would've won this game 10-1. They were clearly superior to Duhail at the end of the game when that wasn't the case at all in the first 60 minutes.
I agree in part but their defending was so amateurish. They went out of gas, but PP fitness was amazing.

Perspolis won because they had more juice in their battery. In reality, this team sucks big time. They have no creativity or decent finishers. They're quite good at defending, but don't let these 3 goals fool you. Perspolis really lacks firepower against big teams in Asia. They have made up for it in defending and physical superiority so far.