Asian Cup 2019 UAE (Brackets/ Team News/ History)

What a garbage lucky win by UAE against Kyrgyzstan. If the Kygyz players had finished 1/5th of the chances they had UAE would've been thrashed in this game.

Another pathetic reality: UAE the host of the tournament were playing this crucial game in a half-empty stadium with Kyrgyz fans occupying many seats. This is just terrible.

UAE would be on everyone's wish list now. They're the worst team in the quarterfinals.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Not entirely correct. Iran does press high at times, but never for extended periods. Only for short to medium periods (1-5 minutes max). It's been analyzed and studied. The other times, Iran relies on the opponent to push up and leave gaps behind. It's the only way Iran is able to contain high caliber teams for 90 minutes. Teams that sit back and defend cause problems for Iran because the creativity and accuracy are simply not there. What you call "lapses" are not really lapses. They're as you said recovering periods and also deceiving periods to lure the opponent. Some teams don't get lured just like how Japan never got lured against KSA today.

In reality CQ would like the high-pressing periods to be longer, but he doesn't have the players for it. His players have mediocre first-touches which is a total buzz-kill when it comes to CQ's tactics. All of Iran's mistakes come from first-touch failures. Something that players need to have learned by the time they're 16-17.
اگر قرار بود فرست تاچشونم خوب باشه كه ميشد المان دوست عزيز

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
%77 مالکیت توپ از آن عربستان و فقط %23 ژاپن! برنده ی بازی: ژاپن! آیا کارشناسان ژاپنی شروع به تحقیر و سرزنش تیم ملیشون خواهند کرد؟ مربی تیمشون رو به استفاده از دفاع اتوبوسی محکوم میکنند؟ تیم ملیشون رو بدون تاکتیک خطاب میکنند؟ مجری تلویزیونشون براشون اشک مارمولک میریزه؟ بعید میدونم! این حرفها فقط از مربیها و مجریهایی که نون دلالیشون آجر شده برمیاد!

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
نه کس نگو کس مغز تو با خیلی ها اختلاف نداری
با یکی دو نفر هم که اختلاف داری وقتی میای توهین میکنی ادمهای با تربیتی هستند مثل من نمی شاشن به هیکلت
و زیر سبیلی رد میکنن
ولی من تا تو چیزی میگی مثانه ام شل میشه می شاشم به هیکلت
به همین خاط چون سوسولی و طاقت جواب نداری میای و مزخرف میگی
اخه سوسول اینجا کسی با تو مخالفت کرده ؟
بگو ببینم کی با تو مخالفت کرده از نظر سیاسی و عقیدتی بجز من و جوابتو داده
تازه او یکی دو نفر هم که با تو به اندازه من مخالف نبودن میخواهی برم پستات رو بیارم چه اندازه بهشون توهین کردی
ریدم به هیکلت که ترید رو خراب میکنی و از ترید ورزشی میکشی به توهین شخصی
سلام ژنرال رشتی. میبینم که هنوز توی خط شاشیدن و ریدن مردم روی همدیگه و ادرار و مدفوع هستی. پس لطفا ادامه خاطره ریدن پیرمرد روی شامبولتون را بنویسید.

شعار تیم ملی رو باید بزارن هشتاد میلیون نفر، یک ملت، یک لُر
تنها کار مثبت سردار آزمون تو زندگیش همین بود که جهت پنالتی رو به بیرانوند درست گفت
قبلنا ۵ تومن تخمه میخریدیم تا نیمه نهایی باهاشون میرفتیم الان ۱۰ تومن میگیرم نیمه‌ی اول تموم نشده تموم میشن
:بازی با عمان بهترین فرصتی بود که انتقاممون رو از ظلمی که تلخی لیمو عمانی در حقمون کرده رو بگیریم
عمان نزدیک ترین متحد ما تو کشورای خلیج فارسه. به نظرم بعد از بازی برا دلجویی باید سردار و طارمی رو به عنوان هديه بدیم بهشون
تو نگاه دروازبان عمان یه "توروخدا بدین همه تک به تکارو طارمی و آزمون بزنن" خاصی هست
من در مقابل تمام دو راهی های زندگیم عین سامان قدوس رفتار میکنم. اون بزرگوار بین بازی کردن کنار زلاتان و ذخیره طارمی و وحید امیری شدن دومی رو انتخاب کرد
‏كاری كه آزمون و طارمی با اين تيم كردن داعش با سوريه نكرد

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002
I wonder if KSA’s manger will be sacked if his side loses today. Saudi officials must already be worked up about losing 2-0 to Qatar.
That was an easy prediction!!!

https://www.foxsportsasia.com/footb...-antonio-pizzi-resigns-as-saudi-arabia-coach/

AFC Asian Cup 2019: Juan Antonio Pizzi resigns as Saudi Arabia coach

Following a disappointing exit from the AFC Asian Cup 2019, Saudi Arabia head coach Juan Antonio Pizzi has stepped down from his post.

The Green Falcons lost 1-0 to Japan in the round of 16, and Pizzi expressed his decision to quit soon after the game.

“I’m happy and grateful for my players, they did what I asked them to do. Of course, we did some mistakes but we will learn from them,” he told reporters.

“My job with the national team is done, nobody talked with me about renewing my contract.”

“I still don’t know anything about my next challenge.”

Pizzi most notably led his side to a 2-1 win over Mohamed Salah’s Egypt at the World Cup last year, and won two straight games at the Asian Cup before succumbing to a strong Japanese outfit.

“We must not forget that we played against one of the best teams in Asia, with most of their players participating in the European leagues.

“We chose the best players who deserved to represent the team. I am satisfied with how they performed during the tournament and what they earnestly sought to apply in the games in terms of technical plans and strategies.”

اگر قرار بود فرست تاچشونم خوب باشه كه ميشد المان دوست عزيز
اگر بخوایم آلمان باشیم کیو باید ببینیم؟ آلمان شاخ داره که ما نداریم؟ اینجوری ایران به هیچ جا نمیرسه. هیچ پخی نمیشه. یا کار باید اساسی باشه یا آخرش میشه ماست مالی. مثل فوتبالی که کیروش نهایتا از این تیم میتونه انتظار داشته باشه. یه فوتبال مدرن که کاملا ماست مالی شده. بدرد نمیخوره چون موقته

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I have not seen a single TVPlus sit-down interview, on the go interview or regular report that is well produced.

no matter the subject the interviewer lacks knowledge and has goes out their way to annoy you.

somehow though they are the most "successful" internet tabloid journal in Iran.

luckily there have picked up the art of doing interviews. it's just they are not well known.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
آقا اینقد شلوغش نکنین تو رو خدا, بذارین ایران به نیمه نهایی برسه, بلیط بازیشو گرفتم رو دستم نمونه. بعد از اون هر چی میخاین ایراد بگیرین. این دفه اولمه بازی تیم ملی رو از نزدیک میخام ببینم.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
اگر بخوایم آلمان باشیم کیو باید ببینیم؟ آلمان شاخ داره که ما نداریم؟ اینجوری ایران به هیچ جا نمیرسه. هیچ پخی نمیشه. یا کار باید اساسی باشه یا آخرش میشه ماست مالی. مثل فوتبالی که کیروش نهایتا از این تیم میتونه انتظار داشته باشه. یه فوتبال مدرن که کاملا ماست مالی شده. بدرد نمیخوره چون موقته
Wonderbar!

Why don't you apply for German citizenship?
They need sophisticated geniuses like you! 😍

Last edited:

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
You need to see Jurgen Klinsmann, Joachim Low and Oliver Bierhoff. Here is what Germans did to become great again:

http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/ger...-and-coach-development-to-get-back-to-the-top

In summary, they went back to their league and asked every coach to follow a specific style of football that they envisioned Germany national team should play. This way, when they would call up players for National team, they were already familiar with the style.