Asian Cup 2019 UAE (Brackets/ Team News/ History)

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
So basically all we have to do is go for headers like Belgium.
I don't know the strength and weaknesses of the Japan team, our coach knows and plans accordingly.

If you are referring to our long throws in the box then yes, even though we haven't scored from them yet but every time we caused danger with them and its a matter of time.
It's one way of getting a goal but not the only way...
We are good in the air, just need to get better balls into the box.
The main battle is in midfield, we need to dominate it like we have been doing so far.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Interview with one my favourite players
نظر مجتبی جباری در مورد تیم ملی و کارلوس کی روش قبل از بازی با ژاپن

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
I don't know the strength and weaknesses of the Japan team, our coach knows and plans accordingly.

If you are referring to our long throws in the box then yes, even though we haven't scored from them yet but every time we caused danger with them and its a matter of time.
It's one way of getting a goal but not the only way...
We are good in the air, just need to get better balls into the box.
The main battle is in midfield, we need to dominate it like we have been doing so far.
The belgium team proved that you can score on Japan at will if you have accurate crosses and tall strong players to head the ball in.

That would one my go to strategy against them.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
The belgium team proved that you can score on Japan at will if you have accurate crosses and tall strong players to head the ball in. That would one my go to strategy against them.
I'd have to say, screw all the bullshit about "playing a good attacking football" tomorrow.
TM needs to be in the Final game of this tournament, that means and requires to sit back, build up from the behind, keep both wingers back in defence line close to goalie and let the minuets passes, do not take any risks at all....... Japanese are scared to death of going extra time & penalty shoot-outs.
TM players do not need to rush it from the start, they need to control and monitor the vital and magical 15-20 minutes at the start of this match. I would be very surprised if we see a offensive TM tomorrow.

I am absolutely sure C "the Fox" Q and company planning this in the smallest details.

Oct 18, 2010
if carlos leaves his iranian assistant will take over.
that's for continuity.he will be the interim coach for a
while.
but i doubt he will leave.he's as safe as houses in iran.
why would he want to start from scratch at his age?

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
I hope you are right as he is doing well at your club and should stay there.

But what makes you so sure?
He has been doing all the dirty works to get there and please his bosses.
he has done nothing that would show he is interested in TM job... he said it 10 times already that he is only interested in staying Perspolis coach. all other stuff that you hear are bunch of BS made up by sport newspapers in Iran.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
he has done nothing that would show he is interested in TM job... he said it 10 times already that he is only interested in staying Perspolis coach. all other stuff that you hear are bunch of BS made up by sport newspapers in Iran.
He said it? He says a lot of things but he is a liar....
It's not what the papers say, it's What he does and says.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
agha do you want to bet???
Bet chiyeh Amu?! 😍
Dareem ba ham 2 kalaam sohbat mikonim.
We are all tm fans, I have been following tm for few decades, I have never seen tm this powerful and consistent and a team which has multiple plans and players that can execute those plans.

In the 70s which as you may know by now I am so proud of and watched them passionately we were never like this, we had stars like Hejazi, Parvin, Roshan and Ghelichkhani and Jabbari who would individually win the game for us or keep us in the game.

And you may well remember what it was like with Branko in team melli...