Asian Cup 2019 UAE (Brackets/ Team News/ History)

Feb 4, 2005
علی مطهری برخورد با حاج‌صفی و آزمون و رضاییان رو بخاطر ارائه چهره خشن از ایران پیشنهاد کرده؟ لابد باید به برادران لاریجانی و طائب و خود مطهری و بقیه مسوولان بخاطر ارائه چهره "ملیح" از ایران جایزه داد!
loool

Feb 4, 2005
we are now even worse that Qatar. ay khake alam bar saremon.. Look at this team, how it plays, no fear. attack....
Says who? They are in final and we are not and we are worse? We were in world cup and they failed to make it so we are better? What you should say is they are on the right path to become a power in Asia but not necessarily better. I must say they present a very beautiful version of football though.

again I say it one more time, WHAT HAVE WE ACHIEVED UNDER CQ for 8 years????? do tell and convince me??? Beside playing 2, 3 good games what else??? any how fuck it...
1. Nobody is bigger than the team (forcing themselves on roaster or kicking the water bottles upon substitution or ada dar avordan before our most crucial qualifiers)
2. Knowing how to play as a team efficiently (not necessarily beautifully).
3. Most importantly having someone (CQ) to tell the so called in charge people "madaretoono gayidam" and they cannot do shit about.
4. Delivering a team to the next coach who will have an easier task of going to WC or making good progress in AFC compared to a group of individual wanna be heroes when he took charge 8 years ago.
5. Finding and convincing likes of Ghoochi, Ashkan, Saman to join TM. Mayeli and GN probably wouldn't even think that it would be a possibility to look outside our borders for talents.

In all fairness I must say that even I as a supporter of CQ think it was time for him to go. I wish he had left after the WC and we had one of the hyenas in charge for Asian Cup to see how he would have done.

Last edited:

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Says who? They are in final and we are not and we are worse? We were in world cup and they failed to make it so we are better? What you should say is they are on the right path to become a power in Asia but not necessarily better. I must say they present a very beautiful version of football though.

1. Nobody is bigger than the team (forcing themselves on roaster or kicking the water bottles upon substitution or ada dar avordan before our most crucial qualifiers)
2. Knowing how to play as a team efficiently (not necessarily beautifully).
3. Most importantly having someone (CQ) to tell the so called in charge people "madaretoono gayidam" and they cannot do shit about.
4. Delivering a team to the next coach who will have an easier task of going to WC or making good progress in AFC compared to a group of individual wanna be heroes when he took charge 8 years ago.
5. Finding and convincing likes of Ghoochi, Ashkan, Saman to join TM. Mayeli and GN probably wouldn't even think that it would be a possibility to look outside our borders for talents.

In all fairness I must say that even I as a supporter of CQ think it was time for him to go. I wish he had left after the WC and we had one of the hyenas in charge for Asian Cup to see how he would have done.
All things you posted are fair and true but what have got for that in past 8 years so we can be proud of?? did we win anything? even become 2nd in any competition? beside playing few good games what else???

lets talk about this tournament, we played 2 crap teams in the first round and didn't show much against Iraq.
We played decent against Oman, fucking Oman man, we are not talking about SK, Australia, any big side, damn Oman which we expect to beat.
China handed us the victory by their comical defense.

We played One decent team and got destroyed??? is that what we are proud of? I would have never gone to the Airport and cheer these guys.. yeah if they loses in the Final, I say ok we made it and wasn't our day. But WTF did we do??

any how he is done and hopefully we get someone better than him.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
It is amazing how some are so forgetful not to remember what tm was before him and in the 8 years he took over.
It's not that bloody long ago...
Ostad I am sorry, we are same crap that we were 8 years ago still with out a AC title. He was brought in to win the title, he had two chances. Last time Ref fucked us, this time he fucked us!! IF I have missed something let me know, did we win anything that I am not remembering??

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Ostad I am sorry, we are same crap that we were 8 years ago still with out a AC title. He was brought in to win the title, he had two chances. Last time Ref fucked us, this time he fucked us!! IF I have missed something let me know, did we win anything that I am not remembering??
Aziz Jan be fair, it is a knock out game and shit happens and it did for us, no one could have written a script like the first goal.
It's tough luck but it is part of the game, win some lose some.

You can't look down on 8 years of consistent organised football with a freak result in a semi final.
This was first loss in how many? I lost count.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Aziz Jan be fair, it is a knock out game and shit happens and it did for us, no one could have written a script like the first goal.
It's tough luck but it is part of the game, win some lose some.

You can't look down on 8 years of consistent organised football with a freak result in a semi final.
This was first loss in how many? I lost count.
ok that's fine, you think that way, I think some other way.
He was brought in and paid MILIONS to win the AC and somehow get to next round of WC. Which he failed in both..

in my book that is a failure. hala doostan beraan vasat Statue dorost konan, ma ke bakhil nistim. make sure to add his achievements in there as well as TM coach...

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
yeah we are bitter!!!!
2 years in a row champion ( should have been 3 if it wasn't for the goal difference)
ACL finalist and quarter finalist 2 years in a row.

not sure why we should be bitter.... we are talking about TM not Perspolis.

lets enjoy our 8 years of glory with TM, we won 2 great trophies, advanced from our group in both WC. Lets celebrate that, CQ the greatest coach that TM ever. We played well and won so many things...

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
That I don't know but what I know is, Qatar will beat Japan ,Mark my words
REAson I press you on this is I was convinced at some point CQ has done a decent job but you seem to think a different coach could have pulled different result. I highly doubt that, even SAF couldn't pull different nor Pep.

A coach is limited to the players and that's a fact. I like Qatari team but am sure Japan will more likely handle them.. 55% Japan 45% Qatar.

Qatar seem to also be the most classy team of all arab nation. I don't mind them win at all. I'd wish there was a chance the four teams could play each other. Iran Qatar would be an interesting game to watch.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
He was brought in and paid MILIONS to win the AC and somehow get to next round of WC. Which he failed in both..

in my book that is a failure. hala doostan beraan vasat Statue dorost konan, ma ke bakhil nistim. make sure to add his achievements in there as well as TM coach...
NO other coach could have taken IRan to the next level of WC, esp in that group. lets be realistic.
We also got very lucky on many occasions, from morocco to Ronaldo's PK. We could have had far worse results which in hindsight would be more or less deserving.

Aug 21, 2005
next door

fine, he is gone, who do you recommend for this position??

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
I am not in charge of IFF so I won't know. who ever it is should be better than him.
How do yo measure "better" ? number of Trophies ? Mourinho comes to mind. CQ had the assignment of finding decent dozen players who could save our aberoo. Really I don't think you can go beyond this as the stream of street-players have dried up in IRan and with no academy/program available players can only perform much;

I take issue as I think CQ had the players object every ref call and it bite him in the arse on that first goal.
This was a rather childish plan but the more I think about it we saw too much of it and it was programmed.
I believe CQ rather'd we go into PK and rely on Beiro