Asian Cup 2019 UAE (Brackets/ Team News/ History)

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
I don't disagree that Iran had a horrible day, but that statement is not true either. Japan would win 6-7 out of 10 games against Iran. They're simply better than Iran. Maybe not 3-0, but even this shitty Japan is easily capable of beating Iran on a consistent basis.
Iran would win in friendlies and games that are not do or die and Japan will win in any knock out game as they are emotionally more stable.
i don't agree with you guys.
I believe with the right start 11 from Irans AFC squad, Iran would win 8 out of 10 times, against Japan, friendly or crucial.
I believe start 11 vs china inc. Taremi would beat japan.
I believe if CQ's Japan 11 was with Ansarifard instead of Amiri, and Qodus instead of Jahanbakhsh, we would win.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ CQ got paid good amount to make the day right by Iran..otherwise any bozo vatani coach could have pulled same shitty result.

I also think we underplayed KA. I mean he scored a fine goal just to show spirits, coach played favoritism all along in the TM too much too long.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Didn't Brongoh advanced to the WC with 2 games in hand as well??? what was the end result?? same shit

CQ did the same thing, got us to WC and that was it..

All we are saying is that his job was to win the AC after 44 years and he FAILED..
Houman jan for Teams like Iran world cup IS the 3 match. We are not Braz. We are Iran ok?
So you must look at 3 matches as the whole thing. Here is my list of Irans WC: First 18 , 98, 14, 78, 06 is last. Now who was 06 Coach? :)

regard HE FAILED... Yes and No.. He is the coach so yes, but what could he do when 5 donkeys at the same time choose to jump the ref instead of play by the whistle, which you learn in footballs lesson 1??? Olaghie ma ham gardane uneh... I see...

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I tb
Ah give me a break bro. it's ok I didn't' read the rest. all good bro. peace
I thought you said you read all my posts?! 😍

I am not a Saint or an expert dude, I make mistakes and get things wrong...
So if you are having a debate then carry on and correct me or reason with me.
I explained my take on the golden generation.
Do we have a Ghelichkhani, Parvin, Roshan, Azizi, Daei, Karimi or Bagheri to get us out of jail these days?

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Houman jan for Teams like Iran world cup IS the 3 match. We are not Braz. We are Iran ok?
So you must look at 3 matches as the whole thing. Here is my list of Irans WC: First 18 , 98, 14, 78, 06 is last. Now who was 06 Coach? :)

regard HE FAILED... Yes and No.. He is the coach so yes, but what could he do when 5 donkeys at the same time choose to jump the ref instead of play by the whistle, which you learn in footballs lesson 1??? Olaghie ma ham gardane uneh... I see...
Dada shoma sarvare maii, harchi migi ghabol vally...

when he was hired he had two objective, 1. Advanced to 2nd round of the WC. 2. Win the Asian Cup.
Did he achieved any of them???
So that's why I say he Failed. maybe he was successful in other areas, making the team more organized, play defensive football so we don't concede many goals. get the whole PEC going, reduce IPL teams to 16. So yeah in these areas ok yeah he was successful.
But as far as TM fan goes and what we want from TM for past 44 years he did not achieve that. Similar how Daei, GN, Bronko, Talebi and so on couldn't do... They all failed too.

vally shoma harchi begi ma ghabol darin :D

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
As I said it's better for us that Qatar won today! I think Iran had a real bad day against Japan, no doubt!
Now that this AC is over, I think it's important to bring up the fact that Japan's loss was our first loss after quite longtime... we have to give credit when it's due!
Also, under CQ we were able to reach 2 WCs in a row, both times finishing top of our groups! This was first time for IFF to give the coaching to a good reputable coach with 8 years in tenure since the revolution.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field

/.
I did but then KAM OVORDOM :sneaky:
Ekhtiyaar dareen, bacheh Madrid hich vakh kam nemiyaareh! 😍

End of the day mate we all love this team in our own way, that's what matters.

Players and coaches come and go and make their marks.

I have my own objections to some of CQ tactics and players selection.
But overall he made our team melli a formidable team that played with no fear of any team.

I have never witnessed our team play such collective and purposeful football for such a long time in the last 50 years.

In the past we always had stars that carried the team and got us results, not much down to team work.

As far back as I can remember....

1968 it was Qelichkhani and his tremendous individual effort going past two Israeli players and unleash a tremendous shot that their top class goalie could only watch.
1972 Ali Jabbari came in as a sub in 80 th minute and scored a hat trick in 9 minutes to win the game for Iran 3_2 in quarter finals.

1976 Ali Parvin super free kick won us the cup.
1996 Ali Daei superb performance scoring 4 goals to beat Korea 6_2..

All down to the individual stars we were lucky to have.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
As I said it's better for us that Qatar won today! I think Iran had a real bad day against Japan, no doubt!
Now that this AC is over, I think it's important to bring up the fact that Japan's loss was our first loss after quite longtime... we have to give credit when it's due!
Also, under CQ we were able to reach 2 WCs in a row, both times finishing top of our groups! This was first time for IFF to give the coaching to a good reputable coach with 8 years in tenure since the revolution.
NOT since the revolution but at least in the last 60 years!

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Huh? sorry might be stupid question, but i have no idea what this means.
Was a joke, PEC I believe is TM's training and recovery center set up with direct help of Quiroz.

bodybuilders work on their Pecs, the upper chest area.

Last edited:

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
NOT since the revolution but at least in the last 60 years!
You are right in that regard! As I said We did one of the 4 or 5 main things right by bringing a quality coach... now we need to focus on improving our infrastructure, management, clubs and facilities altogether. Although I have to say with the current country's economic situation, it will be very tough to expect all these or even few of them getting done!