At least 16 dead in Florida school shooting, law enforcement sources say

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
(CNN)At least 16 people are dead after a school shooting in Parkland, Florida, law enforcement officials told CNN.
The suspect, a former student, was taken into custody "after he committed this horrific, homicidal, detestable act," Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel said. Law enforcement sources told CNN that the suspect has been identified as Nicolas Cruz.

1518651565891.png

At least 14 people have been taken to area hospitals following the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. The shooting caused "numerous" fatalities, Broward County Public Schools Superintendent Robert Runcie said. He did not know the exact number.
Law enforcement responded to reports of a shooting at the school shortly before 3 p.m. The shooting sent students and staff streaming out of the school in a panic.

1518651582334.png

Immediately after the shooting, aerial footage from CNN affiliate WSVN showed people lying on the ground outside the school, being treated for injuries and moved to ambulances.
Freshman Kayden Hanafi said he heard two gunshots and saw people running out of another building on campus. As he and his classmates went into lockdown in a classroom, many thought the noise might have been firecrackers.
"It's really a blessing to still be alive," he said.

Nicole Baltzer, 18, said she was in trigonometry class about 10 minutes before the end of the school day when the fire alarm went off. As students evacuated, she heard six gunshots and everyone started running back inside the school, Baltzer told CNN's Sara Ganim.
"I heard so many gunshots, at least like six. They were very close," Baltzer said.
A police officer told her to close her eyes as she walked past a classroom with broken glass, telling her "there's nothing good to see in there," she said.
A freshman named Aidan posted a photo on social media from inside his math class while on lockdown. Since then, he has left the building.

Source: https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/14/us/florida-high-school-shooting/index.html

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I just saw the news how tragic. . RIP to the victims 17 dead and I believe the guy is in custody. The rednecks will argue guns don't kill people kill.

That is wrong, people with AR 15's kill and Florida has liberal gun control laws. The guy is in custody now, I hope he get's the death penalty.

Last edited:

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
awful!

18 school shooting in 43 days since the new year began! Almost one school shooting every three days!!

With the strong gun lobby it is impossible to do anything meaningful to have gun control, even a law forbidding those on the terrorist list to buy guns could not get enough votes to pass ....

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
95% of Americans want stricter regulations against guns and still is so sad that people are so helpless against gun lobbyists, I wish so much that some of these inhuman congressmen loose their loved one's through a shootout.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
95% of Americans want stricter regulations against guns and still is so sad that people are so helpless against gun lobbyists, I wish so much that some of these inhuman congressmen loose their loved one's through a shootout.
I really wish you are correct here, but i dont think you are, I dont think 95%+ of Americans want more regulations ... I wish they did.

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
I really wish you are correct here, but i dont think you are, I dont think 95%+ of Americans want more regulations ... I wish they did.
Check this out:
https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2501

November 15, 2017 - Latest Massacre Drives Gun Control Support To New High, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds; Voters Reject GOP Tax Plan 2-1

Metoprolol
The text involves mass concerning metoprololtartraat. View this conscientiously.
Instantly view article concerning metoprolol on site.
The consists of bulk concerning metoprolol. Also here located new
PDF format
Additional Trend Information
Sample and Methodology detail

In the wake of another massacre, American voters today support 95 - 4 percent, including 94 - 5 percent among voters in households where there is a gun, universal background checks for gun purchases, according to a Quinnipiac University national poll released today.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
An armed population never has to endure occupation or a tyrant dictator. That is what's behind the 2nd amendment.
Americans will never give up the 2nd amendment.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Trump proposes bonuses for teachers who get gun training.

I really feel bad for the future generation... While I enjoyed playing games in the school backyard, running around and communicating with people, the future generation is going to enjoy using their phone to speak to their virtual friends and watch their teachers carry guns ! seriously, WTF.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
So you think countries like UK, Canada, Australia and EU, run the risk of being occupied by a dictator?
I told you where Americans are today. They may be right or wrong - but that is where they are today. Americans could care less about where UK is today or how it feels - Yanks know they have to come up with solutions if and when there are problems. We know the Brits hold no solutions.

Nov 29, 2002
We know the Brits hold no solutions.
UK used to have gun crime too. There were massacres until the last one when 16 children were killed in Dunblane in 1996 and they had a simple solution: Banning handguns.

Sure, there's still knife crimes and other crimes, people still beat their partners, ghettos still exist, people still take drugs. But at least there aren't any mass shootings of primary school children. That seems like a worthy cause, and a decent solution to me but hey, what do i know.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I told you where Americans are today. They may be right or wrong - but that is where they are today. Americans could care less about where UK is today or how it feels - Yanks know they have to come up with solutions if and when there are problems. We know the Brits hold no solutions.
I still dont get the "Problem" ! is the problem that, without guns dictators are going to take over?