attention Nilu

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
LOOOOL!!! kuft zahre mar!!:D ur note made me panic until I clicked!
enghadr hers nadin dele asheghe dokhtare mardomo, khoobiat nadareh!!;)

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
This is a serious matter. His unibrow is superior to all of those on the list with the potential exception of Bart from Seseme streeet

BertPortrait.jpg

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
Nilu, I trust you will find the attached wiki article helpful

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unibrow

unibrow (or monobrow) is a "confluence of eyebrows"; that is, the presence of abundant hair between the eyebrows, so that they seem to converge to form one long eyebrow. The condition of having a unibrow is synophrys.

Contents
[hide] 1 Etymology
2 Beauty culture
3 Make up (unibrow simulation)
4 Removal
5 Science 5.1 Genetics and prevalence

6 Superstition
7 In popular culture
8 References

[edit] Etymology

The words "unibrow" and "monobrow" were entered in the Oxford English Dictionary in 2002, and "unibrow" was added to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary in 2006.[1] Medical dictionaries, such as Dorland's Medical Dictionary, now contain the word synophrys.

[edit] Beauty culture

In some cultures[which?], the unibrow is viewed as an attractive quality in men and women alike. In some places, it may be associated with purity and, in men, virility, while most Western societies seem to find it unappealing. Men in Western cultures may pluck, tweeze, or use other treatments for unwanted hair to rid themselves of this feature. In Western perception, the unibrow may make a person seem ugly, fierce, grumpy, or overly serious, so much so that the unibrow has become something of a cliché in fiction, especially with cartoon characters. In some non-Western cultures, however, this facial hair does not have a stigma, and may even be seen as a sign of feminine beauty, where connected eyebrows are a sign of virginity and of being unmarried.

[edit] Make up (unibrow simulation)

In many countries of Central Asia and greater Iran a unibrow is considered attractive in women. If there is no unibrow present, or if it is weak, it is drawn with kohl liner or a modern kajal pen to simulate a unibrow. This is only done by women and girls.

[edit] Removal

Among western women, the region between the brows is often plucked, waxed, shaved, or otherwise treated with electrolysis or other forms of depilation. Unibrow separation is often the only form of eyebrow grooming (a stereotypically feminine behavior) among men.

Waxing and tweezing are the most efficient methods for removing eyebrow hairs. The eyebrows can shape the eyes and make a considerable difference to a persons appearance.

[edit] Science

Medically, some cephalic disorders, particularly Cornelia de Lange syndrome, could be associated with synophrys. However, the vast majority of persons with a unibrow have no such condition, and the connection to developmental disabilities is wildly exaggerated in the popular imagination.

While the prefix of the scientific term "synophrys" links the latter to the preferred medical term, many discount the idea that it stems from developmental disorders. It is notable that most people with unibrows do not appear to suffer from any serious disorders of any kind.
[edit] Genetics and prevalence

There have apparently been no scientific studies of the unibrow in culture or whether certain ethnic groups are more prone to developing a unibrow or not (or less likely to pluck them or not).

[edit] Superstition

Unibrows have been the subject of various misconceptions and superstitions. Victorian criminologist Cesare Lombroso identified unibrows as a sign of criminality.[2]

[edit] In popular culture

Squilliam Fancyson, the arch-rival of Squidward Tentacles in the popular animated television series SpongeBob SquarePants, sports a rich unibrow. He considers it a sign of beauty, as in one episode, Squidward asks him "How's the unibrow?" and he replies with "It's big and valuable" while waving it. As a further sign of narcissism (and to further spite Squidward), Squilliam later has a 130-foot long sculpture of his unibrow constructed out of gilded doorknobs, taking residence on his gaudy rooftop garden.

The Sesame Street character Bert sports a unibrow, which he often wrinkles up as a result of aggravation from his roommate Ernie.

Groundskeeper Willie on The Simpsons is noted for his unibrow. When Willie accompanies Homer, Mr. Burns and Professor Frink to Scotland, it is revealed that every person in Willie's family has a unibrow. Maggie's archnemesis Baby Gerald also sports a very prominent unibrow.

Ed from Ed, Edd, n Eddy is notorious for his unibrow, often referred to by Eddy as a "monobrow" as do the other children of the cul-de-sac.

Multiple characters in Hey Arnold including Helga Pataki, Harold Berman, Big Bob Pataki, and Nick Vermicelli sport unibrows, often referred to as "caterpillar eyebrows".

The right-hand woman of the main villain in the Austin Powers movies.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
looool!!thank you for wikilink Farsheed jan!

In some cultures[which?], the unibrow is viewed as an attractive quality in men and women alike. In some places, it may be associated with purity and, in men, virility
this part is very valid indeed!!:) his unibrow is symbol of his power and masculinity! ehem!lol

It was funny the other day, my grandma who just came from Iran to visit us, was like: "btwwww, how is your friend doing?! the one who played in Germany?!" she meant Mahdavikia!!!LOOOL I was laughing so hard u have no idea!!:)))

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
Nilu jAn

I have a new girlfriend. Perhaps next time Kia comes to North America Kia and his two wives, you, my girlfriend and I can go on a double date together.

Here is a picture of my girl friend

mygirlfriend.jpg

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Nilu jAn

I have a new girlfriend. Perhaps next time Kia comes to North America Kia and his two wives, you, my girlfriend and I can go on a double date together.

Here is a picture of my girl friend

View attachment 27564
LOOOL! sure by all means!:) except that I make sure his 2 wives are put on USA's sanction list to not be able to land in N.America!lol

ur new gf seems friendly..thats great!:) just saying u have other options with unibrow too!;)

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
Nilu jAn

You introduce me to this particular unibrow chic, and I will get unibrows surgically implanted, and get Mahdavi Kia's name tatooed on my ass to show my appreciation.

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
taghdim to Nilu

I hope you will enjoy the music, I know you will enjoy the animated video :)

[video=facebook;101544603209734]https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=101544603209734[/video]

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
loooool,where do u find these songs?!!!:D first ur comment about Mkia tattoo, then posting a Turkish lullaby featuring unibrows...man az daste shoma Hasoodaye bakhil chikar konam akhe?! Except banning ur backend for "trolling" reasons!!!lol

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
Dear Dictator Nilu

Your threats to ban me truly hurt my feelings. This is a serious thread about unibrows, please keep my back end out of the discussion. I do not play for persepolis and would like to keep my back end protected.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Dear Dictator Nilu

Your threats to ban me truly hurt my feelings. This is a serious thread about unibrows, please keep my back end out of the discussion. I do not play for persepolis and would like to keep my back end protected.
LOOOOOL!!!akhjun, yeah u gave me great ideas!! Sheys dige kar nadareh Iran, mifresmatesh soraghet!!:D

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
Dear Dictator Nilu

I really would like to focus the attention away from my rear end. I therefore offer you instructions for shaving unibrows as peace offering.

unibrow.gif