Bacheha Motshakereem

Feb 28, 2018
Considering our position in the football World, our league, our federation and everything else we can't be anything but proud (other than.. You know their achievements not having anything to do with us)..they did amazingly well against opponents that should have been out of their league.. I think all my neighbours know how I feel about this and the decisions that have been made against us, but it's been an amazing journey.. Hope they extend CQ's contract to the next world cup, go to win the Asian Cup and then prepare for the first World cup in the middle east (as much as i hate the idea it's the closest to home we could have ever had it!)

Nov 24, 2002
Dame Hamashon garm, they gave their %100, from keeper to forwards, except the fight scene between Beiro and Saeid, it was a very good tournament by everyone, even Beiranvand did much better than my expectation overall.

I am kind of dissapointed at Carlos tbh, this team had much much much better talents upfront, wingers or even CAM than 4 years a go, yet we defended up to 70 something minutes even against Portugal when we needed to score. Portugal was beatable, i understand this is the first round and big teams don't give their %100 but both Spain and Portugal looked very shaky, specially Portugal. We really lacked a play maker in the middle, i honestly don't get the need of playing both Omid and Saeid when YOU NEED TO SCORE GOALS and WIN the game, even playing Amiri 90 minutes while guys like Torabi, Gucci are on bench.

Over all Iran's best ever performance in WC, the difference of 0, 4 points, a draw against a world class team and beating a verry good and unlucky Morocco, if the luck was in our side, we were celebrating our qualification.

Dame hamashon garm bazam.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Dame Hamashon garm, they gave their %100, from keeper to forwards, except the fight scene between Beiro and Saeid, it was a very good tournament by everyone, even Beiranvand did much better than my expectation overall.

I am kind of dissapointed at Carlos tbh, this team had much much much better talents upfront, wingers or even CAM than 4 years a go, yet we defended up to 70 something minutes even against Portugal when we needed to score. Portugal was beatable, i understand this is the first round and big teams don't give their %100 but both Spain and Portugal looked very shaky, specially Portugal. We really lacked a play maker in the middle, i honestly don't get the need of playing both Omid and Saeid when YOU NEED TO SCORE GOALS and WIN the game, even playing Amiri 90 minutes while guys like Torabi, Gucci are on bench.

Over all Iran's best ever performance in WC, the difference of 0, 4 pints, a draw against a world class team and beating a verry good and unlucky Morocco, if the luck was in our side, we were celebrating our qualification.

You should consider that you have to build confidence on a team before they can play like this. After that game against Spain, the team had the belief that they can do it. So CQ strategy was correct, in my opinion.

Nov 24, 2002
You should consider that you have to build confidence on a team before they can play like this. After that game against Spain, the team had the belief that they can do it. So CQ strategy was correct, in my opinion.
I don't know, maybe i am still emotional as fan, and kind of sad because i knew the potential of this team and was %100 sure we will do better than 4 years a go(which we did).

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com

Over all Iran's best ever performance in WC, the difference of 0, 4 points, a draw against a world class team and beating a verry good and unlucky Morocco, if the luck was in our side, we were celebrating our qualification.

I agree with you, not only against Portugal, I honestly think we could beat Spain or atleast tie them. We are BETTER than Morocco and they did tie Spain! we go into games with mentality to Defend, and DEFEND and DEFEND, sure we dont lose, but we dont win either, lets be honest, even vs Morocco we got lucky !
IF CQ is going to stay , he needs to stop this mentality of his, this mentality is OK for smaller team, Iran is not a "SMALL" team anymore, we need to take the next step, we need to play more aggressive and go to WIN.

Feb 28, 2018
I agree with you, not only against Portugal, I honestly think we could beat Spain or atleast tie them. We are BETTER than Morocco and they did tie Spain! we go into games with mentality to Defend, and DEFEND and DEFEND, sure we dont lose, but we dont win either, lets be honest, even vs Morocco we got lucky !
IF CQ is going to stay , he needs to stop this mentality of his, this mentality is OK for smaller team, Iran is not a "SMALL" team anymore, we need to take the next step, we need to play more aggressive and go to WIN.
I agree if he stays now that's what we need to do for the me t world cup, but don't you think this approach allowed us to make most of what we could from this group at this time with our experience? Obviously if we had our point against Spain it could have been different still, mentality wise if nothing else! Anyway we need a proper win.. Like the Asian Cup to completely feel like we deserve to be going past European and previous world champions, not when our best record was beating America and drawing Australia twenty years ago!

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I agree if he stays now that's what we need to do for the me t world cup, but don't you think this approach allowed us to make most of what we could from this group at this time with our experience? Obviously if we had our point against Spain it could have been different still, mentality wise if nothing else! Anyway we need a proper win.. Like the Asian Cup to completely feel like we deserve to be going past European and previous world champions, not when our best record was beating America and drawing Australia twenty years ago!
As i mentioned, i really think had we played the way we did AFTER Spain scored, we could score. We went to the game not wanting to lose, that is SMALL team mentality, CQ has done a fantastic job and I hope he stays, but he needs to see Iran as a BIG team now, one that can go in and WIN.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I am kind of dissapointed at Carlos tbh, this team had much much much better talents upfront, wingers or even CAM than 4 years a go, yet we defended up to 70 something minutes even against Portugal when we needed to score.
When you don't get proper friendlies as you should, when club coaches do not cooperate with you, when you have shoe problem because of sanctions, etc. etc. it is very difficult to carry out your preparation the way you want to. What he did with this team was still way above our limit. We had the best preparation ever before this WC, this is the result.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Also thanks to all you cool guys for still be the best persian soccer forum in the world :D

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
Bravo TM! They performed well in this WC, specially the last game against Portugal... I think they did their best, getting 4pts in this group was not easy at all... I still cannot believe we got 4pts in this tough group and we still didn't qualify!
I wished Iran didn't give as much respect to Spain and Portugal as they did, but again nobody knows the outcome in that case... Bravo Iran!