Back from Iran:Things have improved greatly. Many of you guys have no clue

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
MehrdadK jan, thanks for your observations. However as I hear they say Ahamadinejad's government is now much more strict to women? I hear they can't dress shorter pants, short veils and shorter and tighter coats (manto) as they could for 2-3 years ago, anymore??

But I agree with you about the traffic. When I was there the last year, they had already begun to give people high fines for the smallest misstake they made.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Thank you for trying to be objective. However, majority of Iranians are below upper-middle class and the uppermidle class was always doing well anyhow. you probably had little contact with the poor, minorities, villagers, ethnic people....

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
It's funny how we focus so much on traffic, yet we totally ignore the very well admitted fact by the original poster:

There are jobs but most don't pay enough. Everyone with an education that I know is employed but most live with parents and (on their own) wouldn't be able to afford the SAME LIVING CONDITIONS with their current salary.
That is the most optimistic and positive style of describing the situation. I'm sure a youth population that can't even afford to manage their own life without the help of their parents is in bad need of clean highways and newer cars!

btw: did you go to cities like Mashad, Abadan, Tabriz, Kerman, Bushehr, Ahwaz, Yasouj, or even Arak?

I'm sure you didn't. If you did, you wouldn't dare making things sound so rosey.

AMirza

IPL Player
Mar 19, 2004
So you went to Tehran and Shomal !! wooow - I am sure you also had a great Kabab on Jadeh Chaloos !!

Dear Mehrdad -
Next time you go to Iran - I suggest you pay a visit to Tehran's main Court (Kahk Dadgostari) - and talk a bit to the people around there - just ask them why they are there. Or maybe you want to drive by the Evin Prison and talk to the people across the street on what keeps them there around the clock. Maybe you want to pay a visit to a plant or manufacturer - any of them - and talk a bit with the workers there !!

Mar 2, 2003
ME said:
Thank you for trying to be objective. However, majority of Iranians are below upper-middle class and the uppermidle class was always doing well anyhow. you probably had little contact with the poor, minorities, villagers, ethnic people....
I want you to know that if you believe that IRI or Ahamdinejad are popular with 'upper middle class" Iranians, but that the less affluent are the ones who don't like things, you have got things in reverse.

The most striking thing about the time I have been in Iran has been the total disconnect between those complaining the most on the one hand, and those who have the most to complain about but don't on the other hand. The former are generally the source of most of the rumors, gripes, gossips, and complaints against the regime. The latter have, with some exceptions to be sure, been the most supportive of Ahamdinejad if not the entire regime.

I used to attribute this mostly to cultural alienation by Iran's upper middle class. That is certainly a part of the reason, but having encountered some folks who are absolutely without reason to complain but do constantly, I have had to revise some of my understanding of this phenomenon.

Basically, besides the old rich from the former era which I see quite often for family reasons, I have ran into some of Iran's new rich and upper middle class as well. And found most of them bitterly complaining as well. These are often semi educated people who don't even deserve the wealth they have. Many became millionaires in Iran practically overnight, without any effort, merely by happenstance. For instance, because they owned some previously nearly worthless property in some town or village in the Caspian region, or near Tehran (such as in fasham area) that has now skyrocketed and made them rich.

When I heard them complaining, or when I hear some bazaari types complaining despite being rich and becoming richer since, I wonder what is going on? Especially since I have noticed how the truly average Iranian, as well as the less affluent, generally hold very different political views, typically far more supportive of things than these folks.

I think the answer is multi faceted.

Part of it is cultural alienation. I don't need to expand on that, except to say that Westernized Iranians obviously aren't going to be thrilled with a regime that has been (to varying degrees) trying to fight 'Westernization'. (Whether it should have tried, or whether it has succeeded at all, is a different issue).

A big part is a simple fact: if you are well off, you have the luxury to compare yourself with your image of how someone in the west is living. Instead of worrying about how to make ends meet, you can worry about the kind of luxuries and social freedoms that are more restricted in Iran than elsewhere.

But another part is this: it has become a right of passage as a member of the 'elite' to constantly gripe against the regime and show you don't like the mullahs. In other words, it is the 'chique' thing to do. And Iranians, and more so those who can't think for themselves, are pretty good at imitating and trying to do the 'chique' thing.

Otherwise, having traveled extensively in Iran, what striked me the most was how developed many of our provinces and rural regions are becoming. Far more so than I had expected from a so-called third world developing country like Iran. There are still many areas, especially in Baluchistan, in Khuzistan, in Kurdistan, left behind, but today's villager in Iran is nothing like the villager before! He is likely to have a tv set, a stereo if not the latest DVD player, a telphone, some of them even have cellphones! More and more of them have cars -- some better cars than many from the old middle class in Tehran!

And as they become richer, but no sooner, they also join the army of people who complain here without knowing what they are complaining about in the first place. In the meantime, the majority are not nearly as unhappy or as opposed to the regime as you imagine. Not at all.

This picture, btw, is from Ahamdinejad's visit today to eastern Azerbaijan. It is a typical picture of the kind of reception he gets whereever he visits in Iran.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Thanx for the informative post Mehrdad,

So you are saying Iran in a Clean, comfortable and delightful Prison.
A pison where you don't see the blood thirsty Guards but you know they are there and waiting for you to take one single step outside the path they have designated for you.
You didn't talk about the skyscraper size posters of dictators hanging all over the nation which are design to maintain a constant reminder to you that this place is being ran by ONE single person, a person who is not elected and he is not from the people and don't even bother to pretend he is. His word is the only word and he is not accountable for his action what so ever except to God.
You didn't say anything about how elections are being conducted in Iran.
You didn't mention any thing about so many Iranian mysteriously getting disappeared without a trace and you don't see any effort from the government to investigate in order to find and prosecute (LOOOL) the perpetrators.
Did you see that 100 women peaceful protesters who were intercepted by 300 IRI security agents, they were beaten, dragged on the ground and so many of them got arrested without any visitation and access to councilor?
Did you ask any one why we have more than 50 opposition groups leaders and members got assassinated on day light in Europe and US alone.
Statistic indicates that 70% of Iranian workforce is employed, does that number include 1 million IRGC, Basij and Lebas Shakhsi as well. BTW VEVAK agents and employees are not included in that 1 Mil.
Did you ask any one why we should have 1 heavily armed Gov Security Agent (excluding Armed Forces) per 5 ordinary citizen?

OOH Tehran is clean, we have metro and traffic is so so, shomal has good air, Isfahan and Shiraz is good, So people love IRI........pathetic!!

Intoxicated

Bench Warmer
Dec 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
my parents were there a for a about a couple of months in May-June.

1. lets start of with everyone's favorite topic TARAFFIC and CARS: Complained about Traffic but also mentioned you hardly see old cars (even in the southern parts of Tehran). They said subway was actually clean and helped a lot of people.

2. said MOST educated young people in their 20s or 30s have JOBS but low paying jobs with monthly salaries around 100 K to 200 K tomans at most which you can't to jack shit with.

3. Because of the situation mentioned above and other problems we know about people just wanna get the fuck out as they are really getting restless and fed up.

4. Despite inflation and skyrocketing costs, people party as much, if not more. They party till they drop and you can sense that these parties are their only mental relief and getaway from the crappy situation.

5. People AGE much faster in iran !! perhaps due to stress

6. Crime RATE especially robbery has escalated over the years. You have to put a combination lock on your pocket and purse!

7. and here is a new one: people wanna get married but can’t as they have no money

8. Just like any other 3rd world country poor is getting poorer and rich is getting richer. Class break down is like this :

10% of population is SUPER wealthy
25% doing fine..middle to upper middle class
35% Just hanging in there
20% REALLY run for thier lives
10% DOOMED

and in comparison to a country like Canada:

10% of population is SUPER wealthy
60% doing fine..middle to upper middle class
25% Just hanging in there
5% REALLY run for a lives

Since both my parents are Isfahani, they visited the city for 3 weeks

1. Isfahan has improved exponentially in terms of Tourism (and this was coming from my mom who is very critical of Iran in general). It has turned into a more beautiful, clean city which non-Iranians can enjoy better.

2. Job Problem and the pertain issues remain the same

So Overall, nothing essential has changed and most of the changes are misleading in a way that they don’t represent the true state of economy.

I believe the only reliable indicator of a country is the PER CAPITA of people. The per capita says everything we need to know about our economy. Have a look at CIA fact book and you see where we stand

Cheers,
Bardia

Bijans

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
lordofmordor said:
Mehrdad when was the last time you were there? Going from America and using dollars, you cannot judge people's lives. You cannot judge that everyone with education has jobs from talking to few people around you.

The question is whether women are happy with the kind of freedom they have.
ghorboone Adame chiz fahm.. Right on Right on!!

using dollars in Iran and enjoying your time while being invited to family and friends is far from the truth 90% of people live in Iran.

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
I also notice an "improvment" in employment of youth:

A lot of them are now employed as "ajans driver",this is for some, after they get their degrees and do military service.

Many also dast forooshi. Lets not forget about that ever productive profession of going to Kish,Dubai,Maku, Turkiye ,buying Junk and selling it to the shops for a profit or even dast forosshi.

and I'm sure employment situation for unfortunate wondering females that end up selling their bodies and sexual services has also visibly improved.

I was "delighted" to see that shagerd baghal of our mahale, has a bachleor's degree in physics.

I have been wondering about these employment stats. Do the people that pull 2-3 jobs to make ends meet,count as 1 employed or just like the voting and selection process, they get to be 2-3 people on the paper work?

Jun 24, 2005
I guess with this topic there are some fundamental differences between what we call "Improvements" and "Freedom" and the reality of Iran....

I visited Iran back in 1997 and 1998 (within 6 months apart) Iran was the most uncomfortable place I had ever visited!!! My parents go back and forth all the time (at least once a year) and they tell me life in Iran has gotten a lot more comfortable...It may indeed have improved since 1998 but to "What/Who's Standard”???? Just because there are more trees planted in Tehran does not mean we have improved our country....!!!!

These are all "Zaher Sazi" so people like you and I who are only there for a short visit can come back to our friends and say Iran has improved a lot!!!

Scientifically....Mechanically....Environmentally we can improve Iran and that's fantastic...But like the Old Iranian Saying: " Tashteh Tallaa Por Az Khon" means NO IMPROVEMENT....

And if I may ask; as far as ~Humanity~ is concern, could you share with us what has improved??? Just by watching the movies from Iran you can see what is really going on....Making "Marmoolak" was Mullahs way to say; we are open minded...However, what I got out of that film was "Mullahs" are a lot smarter than we give them credit for....sad and yet true....

Did you visit "Beheshteh Zahra" in Tehran??? That has been through a great improvement as well... .IT'S FILLED WITH MORE than 10,000 Iranian Soldiers...So no extra land is left.....What an improvement!!!!!

Please know, people in Iran are simply putting up with the entire BS because they don't want to see their loved ones being tortured or getting killed...

Human life in Iran means Nothing!!!....

There are more Charlatans and Doozds in Iran than anywhere else in the World because of their LIFESTYLE....

Iran is a Jungle...and that simply is the reality of Iran today.......

Peace and humanity.... :iran:
PB...

Nov 29, 2002
Simply Ken said:
The most striking thing about the time I have been in Iran has been the total disconnect between those complaining the most on the one hand, and those who have the most to complain about but don't on the other hand. The former are generally the source of most of the rumors, gripes, gossips, and complaints against the regime. The latter have, with some exceptions to be sure, been the most supportive of Ahamdinejad if not the entire regime.
How a highly intelligent 40+ lawyer can...

Mate, go to Africa. Im sure you'll find people who have even more to complain about but don't.

When you dont have anything, you have no possibility of complaining. All you can do is sow your crop and hope for the best. Thats all you can achieve even with 100% effort

When injustice is facing you again and again and again, as Voltaire says, all you gots to do is stick to your farm and work it well.

Mate, just stop the propaganda. Please. Please just stop it.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Simply Ken said:
It is a typical picture of the kind of reception he gets whereever he visits in Iran.
Simply Ken jan, isn't that he same amount of people who have always been there for all president's speeches (no matter who the president was)? I think the same people usually visit Khamenei as well.

Mehrdadk

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles
The fact is that things are improving in Iran and improving fast. If you don't have the vision to see it, it's your fault. If you haven't been to Iran in the past few years, sorry to say but your opinion doesn't even count!
Stay in your little bubble and keep your revolution going in your little brains! Thinking that maybe the US will attack Iran and you and the likes of you will be freed!! and the Shah's son will be reinstalled.... Dream on!! because that will never happen again.
On the other hand, if you have been to Iran in the past couple of years and disagree with me, I guess we just see things differently, I respect that.
As for those of you that talk about unemployment in Iran, there are 1 million people getting into the work age every year (age 22). Iran's economists are hoping to produce about 300,000 jobs per year. The best economies in the world (i.e. Germany) produce 500,000. So in Iran about 700,000 people are potentially added to the unemployed rank every year. That's an unfortunate fact that we have to deal with because of the baby boom era (1980-1988). There isn't much that anyone can do about that and it is a fact of life that Iran has to deal with.

Feb 20, 2006
i don't know why these praisers don't live in iran if it as good as they say it is. i see most women suffering, youth struggling, crime on rise, no social or political freedom. how do you grade a good government? do you base it on economy, safety, prestige, technology, ethics, happiness of its citizens? IR doesn't have a good track record in any of these categories. our economy is still based on oil. now if the oil prices have gone up due to addition of china as a big consumer and lesser supply avaliable the glory doesn't go to IR as they played no role in it. instead of investing in people they invest on a losing horse. they keep feeding it to the people who wil backstabb our nation one day.
if majority of people can't afford the very basics of life with one job or if the young can't marry and still live with their parents becasue either they don't have a job or their jobs don't pay enough to meet the ends how can this be considered a good economy?
a good indication of a healthy society is the level of its safety. neither politically nor socially iran is considered a safe place. who is willing to risk its captial to invest in a country that is a police run state? i see more fences and higher fences to protect thives from entering homes. more crime and robbery is a sign of a unhealthy, unfair economy and a tense, sick society.i see no social freedom. you can't even decide on your most personal choices. politically i am sure even the most hardcore IR supporter agree that this issue is non existent.
where do we rank in the world as far as technology is concerned? do japnese and germans come to us for our technology? wasn't it 5-6 years ago that one of our export product got rejected from an african country due to its low quality. are we respected as a nation in any field but terrorism? we have absolutely nothing to show in any field. the only thing we brag about to forigners is some 2500 year old ruins and some how we want to relate to the culture that built that civilization.
unfortunetly iranians are abgoshti. if we or our parents are doing well then k** khar baghiyeh. iran is great. life is beautiful. IR is not as bad as people say. if you want to grade IR look at its youth. if america or west open its doors to iranians and give visas to iranian youth. how many will stay in iran and how many will leave? if you honestly answer to this queation then you need not to go any further. a country which has no respect for its citizens and dictates on how people should think, act, look or what to say is not worthing grading. this sort of system doesn't belong to civilizied world. don't bother grading it.

p.s. for those who think people in iran like ahmadinejad, the true test will come if iran gets in to a military confrontation. i say it here. overwhelming majority of iranians will not participate in it. they will not give their lives up so people like khamenei, rafsanjani or ahmadinejad get to stay in power, get fatter and treat them like shit. they will stay in their homes and see if brave ahmadinejad, rafsanjani, khamenei and their thugs and so called supporters will fight the infedels. or as expected from bunch of liers and cowards they will drag the same people who they have no respect for in to the battle fields. what will those IR supporters who live outside iran and spread garbage here do? will they join the fight or will they hide in their comfrotable homes and witness destruction of iran due to pathetic policies of bunch of fundamentalists. many already know the answer but for those skeptics time will tell.
yeah IR is not that bad. tehran has less traffic. we have a metro system. cars are newer. shomal is great. nayeb has great chelo kababs. long live ahmadinejad.

Feb 22, 2005
There are several things to remember here:

1) The price of oil is now 3 times or more than it used to be. That should certainly have a big improvment. The question is where the money is being spend.

2) A democratic government is a government that provides an atmosphere for all its people regardless of color, race, religion, and political affiliation to contribute and in the process prosper. Is Iranian government doing that? Looking at prosperous country, one can see that social freedoms are one of the most important factors of a society to grow and prosper. Many of the most brilliant people in the world whether past or present are not your average people who can live under norms of a society. Stopping these people from their alternative lives psychologically stops their growth and contributions to the society..

3) AN is certainly enjoying some popularity right now due to his talk against corruption and help to the poor. It is too early to tell on his progress. Lets not forget that Bush had a huge popularity during the first few years of his first term. Look at his popularity now. Can AN be any different, only time will tell. This will perhaps be the last chance for the IR, for they have gotten the poor, their main support, involved and perhaps mobilized. If IR fails to satisy these people, it could be the end of their throne.

4) Regardless of what happens with AN, I think and hope that our regime supporters realize that the current regime will not be able to surive for long term, in its current form. History shows that a small percentage of a population of a certain group, such as clerics in Iran, cannot survive the wrath of the population when only them are allowed to run and make the rules for the population. That would imply that the most capable, intellegent, or intellectual part of the Iranian population are the clerics. Can regime supporters truly say that?

5) Women's right, I am not even going to get into that.

So, has Iran improved in recent years. It all depends what that means. Does it mean less traffic, ...

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
I just came back from Iran 6 weeks ago and the situation is worse then 4 years ago , I don’t know why you didn’t see any gedas or prostitutes , they are all over Iran , And one more thing Iran is not just Tehran , go to cities like Qom or Kashan and you will see how the living condition and lifestyle of the majority of Iranians.

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
As I said any country's socio-economic and political situation are measured by well established indicators and not observation of a few streets in its capital or talking to a few people.
But let's never forget the manner in which AN was placed into presidential office even within undemocratic slection process of IRI constituion.
That is, basically through vast cheatings, vote riggings, and regualr inflating numbers by about 300,000 Basiji paid by GC and instructed under IRGC command. The cheatings and vote riggings were so bad that even furiate IRI loyalists such as Rafsanjani, Karubi, Khatami, and even ministery of state but for the sake of regim kept silenced and the fact that they had to take their evidences to a Judiciary under absolute control of the coup teams.
So, how ridiculous that some claims AN's support has increased. Which support and based on what improvements. Or maybe for Iranians, exponential rise in inflation, unemployment, crimes, arrests, and harassment are signs of imrovement. Should any sane person takes clean Metro, or odd and even driving days for cars as a traffic solution, or collection of beggers, prostitutes, and street children as sign of improvements or is it more of sweeping the dirt under the rug.
Trust socio-economic and political indicators, trust thousands of interview and articles analysed by activists and intectuals who live day in and day out in this unfortunate country, trust the letter of 50 economic professors to government, trust Ejhei's fear of "velvet revolution" and enjoy your trip as well.

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
I find all these personal observations about the living conditions in rather stupid. Cuz they really depend on to whom you direct your questions. If you go to south eastern parts of Kentucky you will be lead to believe that people in the US are doing very poorly. But if you go to New Jersey you'd think that there is an excess of money. And on top of that each area has its own rich and poor. Why don't we talk about the real economic and health care indicators that show the living standards of a country? Simply Ken, you're always quick to come up with the numbers. Why don't you do a little research and tell us what percentage of people in Iran live below the line of poverty?Infant mortality rate, life expectency? What's our per capita income? And how do we rank in the world when it comes to those numbers?

Intoxicated

Bench Warmer
Dec 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Farsi Zaban said:
I find all these personal observations about the living conditions in rather stupid. Cuz they really depend on to whom you direct your questions. If you go to south eastern parts of Kentucky you will be lead to believe that people in the US are doing very poorly. But if you go to New Jersey you'd think that there is an excess of money. And on top of that each area has its own rich and poor. Why don't we talk about the real economic and health care indicators that show the living standards of a country? Simply Ken, you're always quick to come up with the numbers. Why don't you do a little research and tell us what percentage of people in Iran live below the line of poverty?Infant mortality rate, life expectency? What's our per capita income? And how do we rank in the world when it comes to those numbers?
excatly..one needs to see afew places before making any generalization and judgment. however many things can just be extrapolated and require no deep investigation.

Nov 13, 2005
Mehrdadk said:
It's sad to see so many young Iranians stay in such ignorance about their own country. Until you see Iran for yourself, you really don't know what's going on there.
Stop lying to yourself and the 'khod gool zani' and thinking that some big revolt is going to take place resulting in the demise of IRI. By and large most people in Iran are OK with this government hence don't expect a big push for IRI to go out.
Many upper middle class people that I talked to don’t like IRI but don’t forget it’s the poor that count!

I just came back from a five week trip to Iran.
*** Went to shomal and also most areas of Tehran. I talked to about 100 people including students, taxi drivers, shopkeepers, lawyers, Doctors, Engineers, professors, etc about how things are in Iran and heard opinions from all sides.
I am not going to go into specifics because I don't want to invite accusations and insults but here is some basic things that to me are obvious improvements over three years ago when I was last there and a few bad points as well:
1. Streets are much cleaner.
2. You see very few 'Gedas' on the streets if any.
3. Tehran Traffic has improved a lot. Still needs work but much better than three years ago.
4. Tehran's Metro system is nice, clean with more trains taking a heavy weight off the traffic. Metro coverage is expanding and soon Tajrish will have metro.
5. You don't see prostitutes on every corner any more as you did before. I am sure they are still there but it's just not so obvious.
6. I went to get my drivers license renewed and also went to get my Card-e-melli. Surprisingly I did both in a couple of hours time. I heard Government offices have become more efficient and this was one example.
7. Almost everyone that I talked to believes Iran is right in its nuclear claim
8. Almost everyone agreed Ahmadi-nejad is butt-ugly! Joking aside, most people think he is making some headway in uprooting corruption. Many think Ahmadi-Nejad is doing positive work and that he’s a righteous man and came to position by going directly to people.
9. You don't see pasdars or komiteh stopping people everywhere anymore. Young people pretty much hang the way they want. Just as they do here.
10. Many new freeways and highways have been built all over the place. Tehran is more beautiful and modern than ever.
11. Tehran's pollution is a little better as a result of improved traffic. Still your eyes will hurt if you go to Bazaar and come back.
12. There are more new cars and old ones are fading out.
13. There are jobs but most don't pay enough. Everyone with an education that I know is employed but most live with parents and (on their own) wouldn't be able to afford the SAME LIVING CONDITIONS with their current salary.
14. BAD PONITS: There are several bad points as well but the one that really bothered me is: Too many religious ceremonies! Mourning people that might have died two thousand years ago. What a waste of time, what a waste of energy. This of course is the source of money making for many akhoonds that live on making people cry!
15. About days off that people have for such ceremonies, they usually party until they drop. Most of them don't give a rats ass who died. They just wanna’ have a good time. And in all fairness, the Police let people do what they want.
16. Iranians are habitual complainers so you need to look at things objectively.
**For your information, I am not on anyone's payroll and am in essence against a government being run by a religious sect. But let’s accept the facts of our lives.

I think there is still a lot to be done. AN and his government have a long way to go but for the first time I saw that government is actually providing some services to people.
PLEASE DON’T GIVE ME STORIES FROM MARKAZI TV AND THE LIKE. If you go to Iran, you will see what a crock of shit these Iranian TVs feed you here. You really wonder.
To answer your upcoming question (why don't you go back?): If I had a bad life in the US, I wouldn't hesitate about going back to Iran to live. I have lived here for 29 years and have a family and a good life here.

If you visit Iran, the only thing you will regret is why didn't you do this before?
Visit your country for yourself. Then make your judgment. Tehran now looks like a modern city. It is really a great vacation place. You also have shomal and the beautiful air there, Shiraz , Esfahan and many other cities in Iran. I usually visit Esfahan and Shiraz, this time I didn't. In terms of living conditions, things have always been better in small cities than they have in Tehran. Except that some small cities are more religious and hence stricter.

That's all
i went there myself and saw alot of improvments also,
but the traffic was still the same, maybe tehran is better but the place i used to live (gonbade kavoos) is horrible. and the driver licence thing, in my town you gotta line up for days to get yours. i donno maybe its faster in tehran.
another thing about the government is that they are not taking care of our natural resources and jungles and things. i used to live in shomal, and when i went there after 4 years, all the jungles and nice places were not the same, and people who go to shomal to see nice places and have fun are ruining and trashing it.
but i agree with you how some iranian political channels say alot of bullshit about iran. mostly the young boys and girls are happy there.
when i was there i had a lot of fun going to some new nice coffe shops and pizza places. its really fun to go to those places at night with friends.