Bank Hacks Were Work of Iranians, Officials Say

Feb 17, 2009
SAN FRANCISCO — The attackers hit one American bank after the next. As in so many previous attacks, dozens of online banking sites slowed, hiccupped or ground to a halt before recovering several minutes later.

But there was something disturbingly different about the wave of online attacks on American banks in recent weeks. Security researchers say that instead of exploiting individual computers, the attackers engineered networks of computers in data centers, transforming the online equivalent of a few yapping Chihuahuas into a pack of fire-breathing Godzillas.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/09/t...-were-work-of-iran-us-officials-say.html?_r=0

A recently revealed photo from one of secret Iranian Cyber Army centers in which different teams are on duty

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Have you ever wondered why IR LEAKS these photos from inside "sensetive" operations room?
Because the idea is to scare people off - they know there is NOTHING they can do in the face of people seeking freedom.
Thank god for the internet.

Oct 18, 2010
So....what did they accomplish in the end? I still have my money.
the idea is not to steal money as the nyt report also explains.this was a demo of sorts telling the other side that they can be hurt as they hurt others.you have to understand that at a molecular level nation states behave just as individuals do when they are threatened.you show me a knife in an argument and i will flash a knife to make you understand you can not hurt me without getting hurt.at the end of the day this kind of demos saves lives and treasures on both sides.still i am not sure why nyt insists that this is an iranian attack.the hackers don't say that at all unlike previous hacking allegedly done by iranians.you can read their side here: http://pastebin.com/u/QassamCyberFighters

Feb 17, 2009
Have you ever wondered why IR LEAKS these photos from inside "sensetive" operations room?
Because the idea is to scare people off - they know there is NOTHING they can do in the face of people seeking freedom.
Thank god for the internet.
There is a internal cyber department and a external... the photo is from a external cyber headquarters... it is meant to retaliate for the cyber attacks against iranian oil industry,nuclear facilities etc

Feb 17, 2009
^^ regime disabled ??? lol.... bebin behroozi... shoma behtar az ina mitooni nazareto bedi... hala bikhial... doost boodan ba jakesh (khodet midooni ki hasti) mokheto kharab karde dige lol

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Arash -
The whole cyber army thing started with the Green Movement - that was when IR realized how the cyber world can overtake them. What they are doing now is simply doing what kids do all over the world (hacking), they just do it with uniforms and as a govenment!!! I have little problem with what IR does against the world colonialists, but the world colonialists call the shots for IR - at the highest levels. My problem is when they start using IT to trap freedom fighters in Iran, where they still need to hire the colonialists to do it for them - remember? As I said, IR survival is guaranteed by way of keeping a nation fooled - they have full control TV, newspapers, radios,.......what they don't have is control of the internet - and us outside Iran who will not stop talking!!!

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Unbelievable how the general public falls for these fear-advertising campaigns! It's okay though. This will make my trade grow even bigger :)

Just like the military complex, the IT giants have learned to bubble up fear campaigns in the corp world to sell more "things".

You know how Iraq was supposed to have WMDs? Well... when it comes to IT, Iran is now getting portrayed as a giant threat. This is the whole nuclear thing all over again but with less intensity and perhaps a more prolonged advertising campaign. It's quite harmless though. Big corps will beef up their security and the economy gets stimulated!

Don't be surprised to hear about more countries joining the shit-list when it comes to 'hacking' (such a stupid word!).