Barcelona financial, transfers, strategy compared to the bayern, Madrid, Dortmund. A must read!!!!

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Dortmund will be fine, and still extremely strong next season.

They are probably going to sign both De Bruyne from Chelsea & Son from HSV with the money they received for Goetze and still have a good 20 million left over. That's not even counting the fee they will receive for Lewandowskis sale. (i have a feeling they will also complete the signing of Dzeko) which will be easily covered by the sale of Lewandowski.

That will still leave them with plenty of financial power to keep a hold onto the rest of their key players such as Hummels, Reus, Gundogan etc and not be bullied into selling any more key players next season.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
I guess Dortmund was after El Sharaay which he extended his contract with Milan so BD and Man city were disappointed about that.

Feb 22, 2005
Some of the interesting things in the article about Barcelona:
1) How Barca unlike Bayern, Madrid, and other team continues buying players who are older, have no reseller values and dont make the team.
2) When Barca needed to buy a center defender and knew they dont have one, instead they put the money into buying Alex Song, when they did not need him. Spend tons of money on him as a failure.
3) Instead of buying Mata and Aguerro who had already been proven in the La Liga, they put their money into buying Villa (who was 29 years old) and Sanchez. And they paid twice the money for them.
4) If Neymar becomes available, they will probably end up buying him and not have money to buy Hummel.

After reading the article, to me, it becomes clear how badly Barcelona needs Wegner and should spend whatever it takes to get him to Barcelona.

Oct 18, 2002
Some of the interesting things in the article about Barcelona:
1) How Barca unlike Bayern, Madrid, and other team continues buying players who are older, have no reseller values and dont make the team.
2) When Barca needed to buy a center defender and knew they dont have one, instead they put the money into buying Alex Song, when they did not need him. Spend tons of money on him as a failure.
3) Instead of buying Mata and Aguerro who had already been proven in the La Liga, they put their money into buying Villa (who was 29 years old) and Sanchez. And they paid twice the money for them.
4) If Neymar becomes available, they will probably end up buying him and not have money to buy Hummel.

After reading the article, to me, it becomes clear how badly Barcelona needs Wegner and should spend whatever it takes to get him to Barcelona.
I dont get it they have a great youth development and since years they rely on same players and when they buy someone as you mentioned they get one only for the bench

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
This is an amazingly put together article that explains the top 4 championship league finalists and compares their financial, transfers and then explains what is wrong and what went wrong with Barcelona.

http://www.thehardtackle.com/2013/barcelona-financial-myth-debunked-champions-league-top-4-finances/
Thanx for share LOM jan. Very good read. it makes sens!
the latest news is now Tito dislikes Mats hummels 1988 but wants Thiago Silva 1984 instead.
Just another old player signing that has no value after the contract.
I doubt anyone else then the head coach can decide who to sign.
In that case both Guardiola and Tito are Dead-brainers... The list is long: Hleb- Affelay- Zlatan - freakinsky - Villa - Sanchez - Song etc.
non of them made any impacts for the money they were brought for.
If Tito is as freaking wrong-buyer as Guardiola, then maybe we shoud get a new coach with decent decisions.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Good article Lordi joon. I was wondering about the financial comparisons between the teams on Wednesday, but couldn't find anything. I guess, looking at it from this perspective, makes Dortmund's accomplishments this season that much more worthy of praise. :)

Feb 22, 2005
I could not agree more. Who thinks that Tito would last the entire next season? I cant believe he is not being fired. Is not Matt Hummels taller? Right now, the height is extremely important to be able to compete against Germans next year. We saw how Bayern would put the ball high into the air and no one but germans could get to them and easily scored.

The continuous success Barcelona still enjoy in La Liga and the Champions League, despite an abysmal transfer policy – that has only produced 2 undisputed starters in the last 5 years (Dani Alves and Jordi Alba) – hardens the suspicion that the Blaugrana have a team of such quality anybody could manage it.
For example, Tito Vilanova’s record against Jose Mourinho and Real Madrid is underwhelming to say the least (1W-2D-3L). His record against quality European teams is equally appalling. Under his management Barcelona lost to Bayern Munich, Celtic and drew both quarter-finals against Paris Saint-Germain. The Bayern Munich tie in particular serves as a highlight of sorts. It took Tito Vilanova 82 minutes, 4 goals courtesy of a rampaging Bayern side to make his first (and only) substitution – David Villa for Pedro.

Thanx for share LOM jan. Very good read. it makes sens!
the latest news is now Tito dislikes Mats hummels 1988 but wants Thiago Silva 1984 instead.
Just another old player signing that has no value after the contract.
I doubt anyone else then the head coach can decide who to sign.
In that case both Guardiola and Tito are Dead-brainers... The list is long: Hleb- Affelay- Zlatan - freakinsky - Villa - Sanchez - Song etc.
non of them made any impacts for the money they were brought for.
If Tito is as freaking wrong-buyer as Guardiola, then maybe we shoud get a new coach with decent decisions.