BBQ thread

I have had good experience with the combo of Garlic and rosemary.

I poke holes in the lamb leg and insert Garlic pieces inside. Sometimes I give my roast a little bath in red wine before doing that! then I use Rosemary to top it during roast. You do not want to separate rosemary leafs from branch or spike.Doing so will give you a bitter outcome.

Closest "iranian herb" to rosemary is Marzeh. Haven't tried it on lamb, but I'm guessing may have similar affect.

BTW : If in Tehran, you can get your rosemary free of charge:) from Namayeshgah bein-al-melali or Park Shahrara :)
For the leg of Lamb (Roast) I use a mixture of Dijon mustard, onion powder, lime juice, olive oil, dry tarragon (tarkhoon), salt (kosher) pepper .... trust me try this one, nothing will beat it !!!! just absolutely awesome, as matter of the fact yall can add some garlic too, the way yall mentioned

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
For the leg of Lamb (Roast) I use a mixture of Dijon mustard, onion powder, lime juice, olive oil, dry tarragon (tarkhoon), salt (kosher) pepper .... trust me try this one, nothing will beat it !!!! just absolutely awesome, as matter of the fact yall can add some garlic too, the way yall mentioned
and what's your roasting procedure? how long, what temp? in Oven or over BBQ?

thanks,

by the way, for those who complain about the smell of lamb, just last week I bought some lamb shoulder blades and marinated it in Dijon Mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, rosemary, Oregano, garlic powder, basil, salt and pepper. Jatoon khali, It came out very good and no smell of lamb.

Last edited:
I am so into Grilling and BBQing in the very short summer we have here but I always wonder to know how every-one grill their vegetables ?

I personally never marinate any vegetables , I grill them Dry and rub them with Salt, Pepper, Garlic powder ,Canola Oil and Balsamic vinegar . The Balsamic gives vegetables a very fair amount of caramelization .
.This is me today , I'm done grilling and just let them rest in the upper rack of the grill while getting my onions entirely cooked

Here I've got Eggplants , Zucchinis, Mushrooms , bell peppers, Onions and potatoes ( Partially cooked before grilling )

Nov 24, 2002
I usually marinate them with olive oil, oregano, salt, paper, lemon juice and very little garlic prouder.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Some veggies go well with sesame oil. Generally speaking however I like to saute my veggies on the cook top next to the BBQ. I find the BBQ dries up the veggies. Also if you use steel skewers for the meat it will be juicier.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
put them inside a aluminium foil, put it on the bottom rack for 2-3 minutes and then put the whole thing on the upper rack ... this way the water content (like mushroom) won't go away ... haha ... you are the man.

Question, how long does it take to clean this LOL ?

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
lol, Grills are meant to be like this.
I bought a brush that you put water in it and once you scrub the hot grill it steams & cleans the grill. Great buy for a lazy person like myself that hates to wash the grill every time I use it which is almost every other day. It was only $1.99.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
I bought a brush that you put water in it and once you scrub the hot grill it steams & cleans the grill. Great buy for a lazy person like myself that hates to wash the grill every time I use it which is almost every other day. It was only $1.99.
Could you send the link ? or brand name and things like that. Tx

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I know we have many kabob and grill experts here. What kind of a grill do you recommend for grilled g steak, chicken, fish etc...?