Best and the most united Team-Melli ever, and that is only thanks to CQ!

Nov 24, 2002
Hats off this was the most united and the best national team i have ever seen in the last 30 years following our TM match by match, not the most talented but definitely one of the most united and more as A TEAM.
You need character , unity, beside talents to achieve things and the team chemistry and spirit was at best and this is %100 thanks to CQ, Making such a united team despite having kids of new generation was a very very hard task, but he managed to do it, i am not always the fan of his defensive system but the guy doing a great job with this team, Our best ever record in WC(4 points) despite failing to advance, only Hajsafi and Ansarifard were starters in this WC compare to 2014 team, and only Gucci, Dejagah, Ansarifard, Hajsafi and Montazeri were part of 23 squad in 2014, that is about %20.

7 years a go when he took over, we had the most mediocre TM of last 30 years maybe. No player in Europe, not even in Persian Gulf leagues, now 2/3 of squad play outside(not in top league yet but it is just the matter of the time).
In 2014 He still managed to qualify our less-talented squad ever to WC(with the addition of Gucci, Dejagah, and few others) and still got a reasonable results base on the potential of players. Now look at the players that he introduced in last few years: Azmoun(23), Jahanbakhsh(24), Pouraliganji(26), Cheshmi(24), Majid Hosseini(21), Ezzatolahi(21), Taremi(25), Torabi(23), Milad Mohammadi(23),Ghoddos(24), Beiranvand(26), add to that the one who were in standby list: Kaveh Rezaei(26), Gholizadeh(22), or Omid Norafkan(21), In fact Ebrahimi ,Amiri(30) were the oldest players of TM in all 3 matches, following by Ansarifard, Hajsafi(28).

This team can be around for at least another WC. We just need to work on offensive side of the game , now that we got the respect of many other opponents.

Future of this team is bright.

Last edited:

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
To be honest with you I don't think CQ should have started this lineup. It was obvious that the Portuguese knew Azmoun was waiting for a good cross and they had done some thoughts about it. It would have been appropriated if he changed Azmoun with
Gucci. Jahanbakhsh was also disappointing but generally our left side was weak in first half they kept getting chances from left and finally scored and if Hajsafi didn't started that fight with the ref I doubt CQ had substituted him with Milad which played way better. I expected a better substitution. Qodus for Taremi or Amiri Gucci for Azmoun and Dejagah for JB. I honestly don't know if we won this tie or if the Portuguese only needed a tie because we didn't play good. CQ will get his contract renewed and portogal would go to next round. Good deal. I feel cheated.

Last edited:

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
we are going to demolish Asian teams with this team at this form ,all of a sudden spaces open up and confidence grow a nudge higher and the likes of Tarmei start hitting the target with more ease .
What makes you think that? KSA won Egypten Australia and Japan have a chance to go next round. Qatar and China are preparing.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
What makes you think that? KSA won Egypten Australia and Japan have a chance to go next round. Qatar and China are preparing.
Let me think ……………..:unsure:

Based on what we saw in these three world cup games ? :oops:

Playing against teams like Spain and Portugal is like driving on a rough dirt road and playing against Asian teams is more like driving on a highway !:cool:

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Let me think ……………..:unsure:

Based on what we saw in these three world cup games ? :oops:

Playing against teams like Spain and Portugal is like driving on a rough dirt road and playing against Asian teams is more like driving on a highway !:cool:
I agree with you, but historically, Iran ALWAYS play better versus stronger opponents, so I hope it happens, but lets see.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
His opinion! I personally dont agree ! I dont think that was RED for CR. I also think the PK for Iran was a correct call. I dont get why poeple say it was not intentional, it doesnt matter guys ! u jump with arms open, your hand change the direction , its a PK. Good call by the ref.

Do you guys know how many people are listening to the communication between the refs? seriously guys ...

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
His opinion! I personally dont agree ! I dont think that was RED for CR. I also think the PK for Iran was a correct call. I dont get why poeple say it was not intentional, it doesnt matter guys ! u jump with arms open, your hand change the direction , its a PK. Good call by the ref.

Do you guys know how many people are listening to the communication between the refs? seriously guys ...
And what was the yellow for then? For naz kardan? It was a deliberate act of frustration and it was straight red. You either show the red for the elbow or nothing. Yellow is meaningless.