Votes: 8 18.2%
  • X Games

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

JazzedUp

Bench Warmer
Dec 1, 2002
London
I'm sure he is a very good player and fast for his size.As I said I'm not saying NFL players are bad or crappy!
Also note that I'm not making any comments about NFL players that much since I don't follow it week in week out! All I have made comments about are Rugby and Rugby League which I know a fair amount about them so yes I know what I'm talking about.

I really don't get why some of you guys who like NFL like to put down other sports!!!

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
the only football playing member of the relay team was Capel, and he had a football scholarship. (he was 5'11'' and 180lbs btw.)
I don't remember guys like Maurice Green and Drummond being NFL players.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Nice logic... If someone attacks, u defend, pretty simple... Also sorry it was 1992, not 1996...

James Jett was a WR for the Oakland Raiders and he was on a team with Carl Lewis that won the gold...

Also two of the alternates were NFL players as well...

James Trapp also from Oakland

Alexander Wright from the Rams...

Oh and our favorite Darrell Green beat Carl Lewis in a race, one of the only people to do so... he was a hall of fame CB for the Washington Redskins and still runs a 4.35 at the age of 45...

JazzedUp

Bench Warmer
Dec 1, 2002
London
Look mate, nobody was putting down NFL. All I saw in this thread was Rugby bashing and no you can't say NFL is a display of speed pwer and strength and nothing come close to it. Again you need to back it up with facts rather just you think it is becuase you like the sport. When there were two matches one Rugby players playing gridiron and other way around and see rugby guys get beaten comprehensivly then you can claim such thing!

Arsenal

National Team Player
Apr 11, 2003
BWI/PHL
www.arsenalamerica.com
westwienmaskulin said:
hey..nothing against Oasis!

Definetly Maybe, What's the Story? Morning Glory, Be Here Now and The Masterplan are among the best albums ever done..

oasis are pure genius....at least Noel Gallagher is.
I know you're into them..that's why I was giving shite about it mate.:D

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
JazzedUp said:
Look mate, nobody was putting down NFL. All I saw in this thread was Rugby bashing and no you can't say NFL is a display of speed pwer and strength and nothing come close to it. Again you need to back it up with facts rather just you think it is becuase you like the sport. When there were two matches one Rugby players playing gridiron and other way around and see rugby guys get beaten comprehensivly then you can claim such thing!
I cant say Mike Tyson could beat up every 4 year old kid in the world either... but ill just accept it as fact anyways :D

JazzedUp

Bench Warmer
Dec 1, 2002
London
AliDaeiClone said:
I cant say Mike Tyson could beat up every 4 year old kid in the world either... but ill just accept it as fact anyways :D
Yes, that's exaclty what it is! Comparing NFL with Rugby is like comparing Mike Tyson againt a 4 year old! There is point arguing! I It'd be just arguing with Mike Tyson :)

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
man..I thought only music was subjective.. ;)

the whole point about some people not really diggin NFL is that it's not fluid enough. In Rugby you need real stamina. Every rugby player runs half of a marathon in a game.
Sprinting is one thing...running long distance another. Maybe Carl Lewis would still beat Haile Gebresilassie in a sprint, but he would choke bad in a 10000m run.
Yeah..NFL..speed, tactics...nice. But there are too many breaks in the game, that's why it's not really popular in europe or anywhere else in the world. It's fine to play, but not that interesting to watch.

And about the Tyson fight..if Tyson faces up a 4 year old smart kid, the 4 year old smart kid brings Evander or Klitschkos to the game and Tyson won't beat him up that easily anymore. ;)

Jan 31, 2004
Ali Daei Clone,

This is becoming a joke. I find this discussion quit frankly stupid and disturbing. For girly men from Europe, people from UAE(let's learn that premitive desert soccer first) and Australia(what do you expect), who are behind US in development of super pro athletes by about a few decades to come here and try to compare their riduculous rugby to NFL Football is as insulting as IRI supporters trying to justify islamic republic's attricities by pointing to the prison events at abu gharib or whatever the prison name was and saying tit. for tat.

IT is absurd, malicious, unintelligent and even criminal. In fact I think US should invade their arses just for making such retarded comparison !

If they only knew what physicaly and psychologicaly was involved in developing an NFL super athlete, they wouldn't dare to open their mouths.
I am willing to bet that football players on a decent Collage team are better athletes than world's best rugby players - never mind NFL football !

Here is a more legitimate topic:
Ray lewis of baltimore ravens vs. the Newzealand all blacks or the Australian all yellows or the Welsh all reds in a rugby match, Who will win?

Arsenal

National Team Player
Apr 11, 2003
BWI/PHL
www.arsenalamerica.com
MoneyJock-e said:
Ali Daei Clone,

This is becoming a joke. I find this discussion quit frankly stupid and disturbing. For girly men from Europe, people from UAE(let's learn that premitive desert soccer first) and Australia(what do you expect), who are behind US in development of super pro athletes by about a few decades to come here and try to compare their riduculous rugby to NFL Football is as insulting as IRI supporters trying to justify islamic republic's attricities by pointing to the prison events at abu gharib or whatever the prison name was and saying tit. for tat.

IT is absurd, malicious, unintelligent and even criminal. In fact I think US should invade their arses just for making such retarded comparison !

If they only knew what physicaly and psychologicaly was involved in developing an NFL super athlete, they wouldn't dare to open their mouths.
I am willing to bet that football players on a decent Collage team are better athletes than world's best rugby players - never mind NFL football !

Ray lewis of baltimore ravens vs. the Newzealand all blacks or the Australian all yellows or the Welsh all reds in a rugby match, Who will win?
Oh dear. I wonder why Amerikaners are viewed in Europe the way we are...let's say it doesn't have anything with wearing sneakers with jeans and requesting ice with water.

Arsenal

National Team Player
Apr 11, 2003
BWI/PHL
www.arsenalamerica.com
MoneyJock-e said:
Amazing how you have turned basically everyone here (including NFL-philes such as me) against you. Ray Lewis in all likelyhood has never played a rugby match in his life. What makes you think he would even do well in rugby. It doesn't matter what anyone here posts, you're just begging the question anyways.

averageniceguy

National Team Player
Apr 14, 2003
north pole (almost)
MoneyJock-e said:
Ali Daei Clone,

wow, what a rant! :rolleyes:

somebody's feeling insecure.

listen buddy, i play american football here in canada sometimes too. its a fun game to play, okay. im sorry to disappoint you, but we dont wear tight pants :D just kidding.

but frankly, theres a good reason that in terms of popularity it doesnt even reach football's foot ;) its simply not as exciting. people get bored if a game gets stopped every 12 seconds to show ads.
and if you want to say its a matter of other countries not being able to afford playing the game its not true.
they have american football leagues in germany and other parts of europe as well. and im sure arab countries and as a matter of fact most countries can afford it. just face it: they dont like it as much as football.

or you can continue to live in denial. theres always that option.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
averageniceguy said:
wow, what a rant! :rolleyes:

somebody's feeling insecure.

listen buddy, i play american football here in canada sometimes too. its a fun game to play, okay. im sorry to disappoint you, but we dont wear tight pants :D just kidding.

but frankly, theres a good reason that in terms of popularity it doesnt even reach football's foot ;) its simply not as exciting. people get bored if a game gets stopped every 12 seconds to show ads.
and if you want to say its a matter of other countries not being able to afford playing the game its not true.
they have american football leagues in germany and other parts of europe as well. and im sure arab countries and as a matter of fact most countries can afford it. just face it: they dont like it as much as football.

or you can continue to live in denial. theres always that option.
I guess its just a difference of what people consider boring... People in America dont like soccer because of the low amounts of scoring... I for one think both are pretty exciting. Football is pure strategy, so constant running around without small 40 second breaks would destroy that aspect of the game... If some of you only knew how cerebral American Football was you might reconsider calling it boring. Once u understand the intricacies of the game, u dont mind the breaks, you even think they are too short at times....