Big 'Eff You' to Trump by Canada deserves own thread

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Forget about what "should" happen. Why not put your money where your mouth is?

Let's invest $10,000 in our choice of energy forms and we'll meet back here in 30 years to see who had the "future" right :)

You can even pick my stocks (as long as they're not shitty stocks).
We shall see... with the ways are going, we should be lucky to even be around in the next 30years.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
To some people not, and the funny part is most of them claim to be educated and open-minded. I really don't want to waste my time arguing the obvious here.
We shall see... with the ways are going, we should be lucky to even be around in the next 30years.
We shall see what?!! Why dance around it? Let's bet. Let's bet enough ($10K minimum), so one of use shuts up and accepts they're wrong about who's living in "lala land".

Just how serious are you about your assumptions? If you're serious, why won't you invest in them? If you're not serious, why are you wasting my time?

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
former presidential candidate Bernie Sanders hit out at Donald Trump ahead of the president’s historic summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, questioning why he appeared more comfortable with "despots” than democratically elected leaders.

-----------
In Iran everyone feels justified to cheat and steal because comes from the top; if we only aim for 100 years then in 15 years planet may become inhabitable. Just nature of human when no boundries are set.

My opinion on environmental concerns and whether they're real or not matters little. What matters is 9-10 billion humans who will compete to thrive on Earth for the next 100 years. Beyond that, I absolutely do not care. Neither should anyone else.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
We shall see what?!! Why dance around it? Let's bet. Let's bet enough ($10K minimum), so one of use shuts up and accepts they're wrong about who's living in "lala land".

Just how serious are you about your assumptions? If you're serious, why won't you invest in them? If you're not serious, why are you wasting my time?
You are ridiclouse, dance around what, you can't simply even argue your point, just want to bet on unclear matter. As the matter of fact my house is run by solar panels, so yes I invested into where my mouth is, and you?
You live in la la land buddy you can't even accept the environmental cost of consuming fossil fuels and Im sure you don't know much about renewable energy, it is what I do for living.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
You are ridiclouse, dance around what, you can't simply even argue your point, just want to bet on unclear matter. As the matter of fact my house is run by solar panels, so yes I invested into where my mouth is, and you?
You live in la la land buddy you can't even accept the environmental cost of consuming fossil fuels and Im sure you don't know much about renewable energy, it is what I do for living.
Alright. Got my answer. Keep those solar panels rocking! LOOOOL!

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ why not side with smart solutions and latest technology offered these days? is not like we will have enough to go around for endless years.. unless 100 years is the goal and in 100 years they say WTF were our ancestors up to.. Had that mentality was in place, many of us be fighting cancer right now or some severe disease brought by pollution of environment.

Being innovative and efficient and frugal with resources seem to be the smart thing not mocking it?!!!!!!!!!!!!! And only backward ass countries like our own ignore it.. now that's laughable no proactively conserve the planet.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
why not side with smart solutions
That's exactly what I'm proposing to the tree-hugger here!
Being innovative and efficient and frugal with resources seem to be the smart thing
Typical assumption by many people: The market is not as smart as I am

Mr. market is the smartest, most efficient and most frugal with resources.

As Mr. Market dictates: As of 2018, there is absolutely nothing more efficient, cheaper and better than fossil fuels at this moment and for the foreseeable future. Nothing. Should needs arise, the market will innovate itself out of inefficiency like it always does.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
That's exactly what I'm proposing to the tree-hugger here!

Typical assumption by many people: The market is not as smart as I am

Mr. market is the smartest, most efficient and most frugal with resources.

As Mr. Market dictates: As of 2018, there is absolutely nothing more efficient, cheaper and better than fossil fuels at this moment and for the foreseeable future. Nothing. Should needs arise, the market will innovate itself out of inefficiency like it always does.
There is a lot can be done. For instance, we don't need to burn coal for power. We have the technology today to do so much better, that is the sad news.
A country like Germany is indication of that.
The fact that the world is not driven by a sustainable economy (i.e. try to be more efficient rather than consume like crazy) is the reality. But in order for mankind to be able to live in this planet, things have to change. Otherwise, this planet will take care of us, the same way that it has survived for billion of years.
I don't agree with you that there is no money or innovation in market.
When we talk about commitment in changing, we are talking in 2050. That mean we should try to reduce carbon consumption (or at least maintain) every year,t till slowly we can replace it with smartest technologies. Change will not come over night.
But BT is right that unfortunately market dictates to go through cheapest way of producing energy.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Keep laughing I have not paid the electricity bill for more than one year, in San Diego more than 25% properties have turned into Solar and the number keeps growing just look at their stock as it skyrocketing, the guy clearly lives in lala land as renewable energy is slowly taking over and he still talking about fossil fuel being the most efficient, you clearly have no idea what you talking about. Our company just helped the Bumble Bee company to turn into Geothermal heating and cooling system which would cut down on their 50% energy bill with less than five years ROI, as Tesla sales keep growing this guy still talking about oil and gas, laughable!

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
There is a lot can be done. For instance, we don't need to burn coal for power. We have the technology today to do so much better, that is the sad news.
A country like Germany is indication of that.
The fact that the world is not driven by a sustainable economy (i.e. try to be more efficient rather than consume like crazy) is the reality. But in order for mankind to be able to live in this planet, things have to change. Otherwise, this planet will take care of us, the same way that it has survived for billion of years.
I don't agree with you that there is no money or innovation in market.
When we talk about commitment in changing, we are talking in 2050. That mean we should try to reduce carbon consumption (or at least maintain) every year,t till slowly we can replace it with smartest technologies. Change will not come over night.
But BT is right that unfortunately market dictates to go through cheapest way of producing energy.
There are actually many technologies that can replace Fossil fuel but not enough investment as they mostly go toward finding and drilling new oil and gas reserve which in many ways they are the inefficient way of using capitals as the environmental cost is huge. Iceland electricity is produced 100% by renewable energy and their heating is totally done by geothermal, Norway a country with oil produce 100% of their electricity by renewable energy same as Costa Rico, 60% of Denmark electricity is produced by Wind. The whole world is moving toward renewable energy except the stupid US because of stupid Trump and this guy is on the same page as him, ridiculous and he goes around laugh at other people, look at yourself first then laugh!
The market also is dictated by government subsidies which oil and gas companies are being favored over renewable energy, without it the oil and gas price would be much much higher, also as renewable energy market grows the price also goes down, just compare the prices of solar to ten years ago.

Last edited:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
There are actually many technologies that can replace Fossil fuel but not enough investment as they mostly go toward finding and drilling new oil and gas reserve which in many ways they are the inefficient way of using capitals as the environmental cost is huge. Iceland electricity is produced 100% by renewable energy and their heating is totally done by geothermal, Norway a country with oil produce 100% of their electricity by renewable energy same as Costa Rico, 60% of Denmark electricity is produced by Wind. The whole world is moving toward renewable energy except the stupid US because of stupid Trump and this guy is on the same page as him, ridiculous and he goes around laugh at other people, look at yourself first then laugh!
The market also is dictated by government subsidies which oil and gas companies are being favored over renewable energy, without it the oil and gas price would be much much higher, also as renewable energy market grows the price also goes down, just compare the prices of solar to ten years ago.
For my house, I though the solar panel will cost me around 10k, that would take me years to get my electricity bill back or am I wrong and it is much cheaper nowadays ?

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
For my house, I though the solar panel will cost me around 10k, that would take me years to get my electricity bill back or am I wrong and it is much cheaper nowadays ?
Well, I am using the PPA system which is leasing the panels rather than purchasing without any money down and the maintenance is done by them. If you want to purchase them you can reduce the price by 50% with the cash rebate and incentives, and this is not including the financial benefits and tax credits you will receive the following year. There are also loans available for this purpose which are worth the effort as you can save up to 70% on your energy bill for the lifetime and it also adds value to your property. I have been on the surplus in the last several months and have not paid a penny for electricity in the last four months. Unfortunately, the price of panels went up by little thanks to Trump putting the tariffs on solar panels from China, but definitely, the prices are going down over the long term just like the price of LED lights and Lithium-ion batteries. This investment is definitely a long-term return rather than a short one but definitely worth it if you have the financial ability.
energy.PNG

Last edited:

khodam

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Atlanta
His motivation is to be a cuck. To make men, specially "white men" look like apologetic cock-sucking idiots providing welfare to transgenders, dark-skinned people, single mothers, native Indians, ISIS-lovers and gays. That's his motivation. To be a revolutionary liberal. To go as "left" as possible before the next inevitably "right" guy attempts to steer this shit back to sanity.
"Women empowerment". Madar ghahbeha. Women literally own this fucking place. Our lesbian dildo shoving Premier just got voted out of office after years of backstabbing this province into indefinite debt payments. Liberalism has truly killed this once great country.
Your post is so xenophobic, homophobic and misogynistic that I could not believe while I was reading it. For god's sake you are a moderator here and what you wrote is nothing short of hate speech.

All idiot Trudeu had to do was shut the fuck up and go home to his family. Instead, he chose to go on TV and talk nonsense while Trump had just left in his plane. Very stupid move. Very stupid, considering how weak Canada's trade position has become (and is only about to get weaker).
Doesn't look like you know what you're talking about if you're blaming Trudeau for this. He repeated a line of argument that he has been feeding to the US media for a couple of months now. He has taken those arguments from Trump himself, where he last year said that imposing tariffs on Canada based on national security argument would be insulting. Before using it for the first time, he called Trump and told him that he was going to use that language. After he used it, he called Trump and again told him that he will continue to use that language until tariffs are removed. Now Trump's ego was bruised in G-7 and he didn't have the guts to complain in person, fine, that's understandable for an egocentric snowflake like him. But to blame Trudeau for this is just ridiculous and no sane person has, in Canada or the US.

Some people are truly clueless.

Trump hates, yes he hates tariffs. That's his whole source of anger and perceived bullying. He doesn't want other countries to put tariffs on anything made by US companies. Some countries hide these tariffs by instead subsidizing their local brands against American ones (specially in Auto and Aviation industries) or by devaluing their currency in unfair ways (China and Canada). He's been very truthful about this. It's those sneaky European and Chinese heads of state that are dancing around the issue. He wants a free market, but no one else wants to go along because they're used to the US being very forgiving and passive.

I believe Trump is doing the world a great favor by bringing these issues to the surface. The average Joe never finds out or pays attention to these things. Trump has greatly changed that. I support him 100% on wanting a tariff-free world. Do you?
Again doesn't look like you know what you're talking about? No tariffs? Even after opening up over last few decades the US is more protectionist than Canada. Take dairy that Trump likes to talk about. Canada charges 200+ percent on imports above a quota it has set. That quote is 10%. Below that quota the tariff is minimal (few percent I think). The US does the exact same thing. While Canada's import quota is 10% of dairy sales, US has a 1-3% import quota depending on the product, and above that quota assigns a very high tariff. The resulting outcome is that the US dairy exports are more than twice its dairy imports. And you think Trump is right about Tariffs and just hates Tariffs and quotas in general and wants totally free market? And all that is besides the significant subsidies that the US pays to its farmers, which is anything but free market.

Go on support Trump, but to think that he is for free trade is as simplistic as one can imagine.

And this whole idea that the market is smart, and whether the market picks something or not is an indication of the true worth of a product is, well, clueless. Yes the market can be the smartest if you have a truly free market, which for all practical purposes is impossible. Apart from all the little ways that people interfere with a truly free market (like tariffs, quotas, subsidies), and apart from the clear stupidity of the market in picking good from bad in many situation (e.g. subprime crisis), you can never have a free market because you cannot appropriately internalize all externalities. When in North America we use more energy to drive our cars than anywhere else, we're in effect receiving a subsidy by not paying for the damage that we cause to world's climate. When we import our steel from China, we're receiving a subsidy for not paying for the damage and death that that steel factory imposes on Chinese population. When corporation accumulate wealth in the way they do, they receive a subsidy by not accounting for the societal cost of the inequality gap that they continually work to increase. So no, the market is not the smartest, not even by a long shot.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Your post is so xenophobic, homophobic and misogynistic that I could not believe while I was reading it. For god's sake you are a moderator here and what you wrote is nothing short of hate speech.

Doesn't look like you know what you're talking about if you're blaming Trudeau for this. He repeated a line of argument that he has been feeding to the US media for a couple of months now. He has taken those arguments from Trump himself, where he last year said that imposing tariffs on Canada based on national security argument would be insulting. Before using it for the first time, he called Trump and told him that he was going to use that language. After he used it, he called Trump and again told him that he will continue to use that language until tariffs are removed. Now Trump's ego was bruised in G-7 and he didn't have the guts to complain in person, fine, that's understandable for an egocentric snowflake like him. But to blame Trudeau for this is just ridiculous and no sane person has, in Canada or the US.

Again doesn't look like you know what you're talking about? No tariffs? Even after opening up over last few decades the US is more protectionist than Canada. Take dairy that Trump likes to talk about. Canada charges 200+ percent on imports above a quota it has set. That quote is 10%. Below that quota the tariff is minimal (few percent I think). The US does the exact same thing. While Canada's import quota is 10% of dairy sales, US has a 1-3% import quota depending on the product, and above that quota assigns a very high tariff. The resulting outcome is that the US dairy exports are more than twice its dairy imports. And you think Trump is right about Tariffs and just hates Tariffs and quotas in general and wants totally free market? And all that is besides the significant subsidies that the US pays to its farmers, which is anything but free market.

Go on support Trump, but to think that he is for free trade is as simplistic as one can imagine.

And this whole idea that the market is smart, and whether the market picks something or not is an indication of the true worth of a product is, well, clueless. Yes the market can be the smartest if you have a truly free market, which for all practical purposes is impossible. Apart from all the little ways that people interfere with a truly free market (like tariffs, quotas, subsidies), and apart from the clear stupidity of the market in picking good from bad in many situation (e.g. subprime crisis), you can never have a free market because you cannot appropriately internalize all externalities. When in North America we use more energy to drive our cars than anywhere else, we're in effect receiving a subsidy by not paying for the damage that we cause to world's climate. When we import our steel from China, we're receiving a subsidy for not paying for the damage and death that that steel factory imposes on Chinese population. When corporation accumulate wealth in the way they do, they receive a subsidy by not accounting for the societal cost of the inequality gap that they continually work to increase. So no, the market is not the smartest, not even by a long shot.
Really great post