Bin Hammal Awarded Honorary Doctorate Degree in Management!!!!

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
how funky can things get in AFC?? :chase:

http://www.the-afc.com/english/media/default.asp?mnsection=media&section=newsDetails&newsID=8890

KUALA LUMPUR: AFC President, Mohamed bin Hammam, was today conferred with a honorary degree of Doctor of Business Administration in Sport Management by leading Thai university, Chandrakasem Rajabhat University, Bangkok.

The degree was bestowed by the Chairman of Chandrakasem Rajabhat University Council and the President of Chandrasakem Rajabhat University, in recognition of Bin Hammam’s outstanding contribution to the development of Asian sport, particularly acknowledging the rapid development in football across the continent since the President was elected in 2002.

At the awards ceremony, held one day before the opening match in Bangkok of the AFC Asian Cup 2007™ Bin Hammam said that receiving the honorary degree was one of the greatest moments in his career in football. He went on to say that it was recognition of the need for more academic progress and achievement in the world of sports management.

“Education is the key to more professionalism in Asian football. These two areas, education and professionalism, are at the very core of my ambitions for Asian football, and a focus for my second term as President of AFC,” said Bin Hammam.

He continued, “A huge factor in our overall development is the development of our people. I have huge belief in young people of Asia. There is no doubt that they are our future, and it is our duty to provide them with opportunities to learn and succeed.”

He went on to applaud Chandrakasem Rajabhat University which is one of the few universities in Asia to run an MBA course in sports management. “Your students are the future of football in Asia. And this is why I am so happy today to be here among you.”

Bauvafa

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
“Education is the key to more professionalism in Asian football. These two areas, education and professionalism, are at the very core of my ambitions for Asian football, and a focus for my second term as President of AFC,” said Bin Hammam.

Does he mean buying it or earning it????

Last edited:

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
hahah, party bazi at its best!!! Malaysia paying tribute to Bin Hamam for giving them Asian Cup hosting opportunity!!we all saw how 'well' they organized the competition to deserve being one of the hosts!!Bin Hamam deserves this doctorate the same way!!!lool