Bin Hammam threatens to decapitate KFA president

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
The war of words over Asian Football Confederation (AFC) president Mohammed Bin Hammam 's seat on the FIFA executive committee reached a new level when the Korea Football Association threatened to file a complaint about Bin Hammam with FIFA after he said he was ready to cut off the head of Cho Jung-Yeon , the KFA president.

The KFA is leading a campaign to back Bahrain's Shaikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa in his bid to unseat Bin Hammam on FIFA's executive committee.

"We strongly criticize Bin Hammam's groundless remarks insulting us and other AFC members," KFA spokesman You Young Cheul told AFP. "The KFA wants an explanation and apology from Bin Hammam over his remarks, which are improper as AFC head."

Bin Hammam said his remark was a "harmless and widely used Arabic metaphor" meaning an attempt to thwart someone's progress. He says he'll quit as AFC president if he loses his FIFA executive committee seat. Separately, he has proposed an AFC amendment that make the AFC president the Asian vice president on the FIFA executive committee -- a seat currently held by South Korean Chung Mong Joon.

Source: SoccerAmerica

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
after he said he was ready to cut off the head of Cho Jung-Yeon , the KFA president.
lol,WTH?! divanast in bashar!! I hope he doesnt get enough vote to stay as AFC boss, he was a disaster, but not sure if the Bahraini official gonna be any better than him really. god know how he'll promote Bahraini-style time-wasting throughout Asia and setting Bahraini Refs for TM WCQ games!!lol

RaminS

Feb 19, 2009
It's bad enough that he would say something like that, even worse that he tries to rationalize it by saying stating such things is normal amongst arabs as a widely used arab metaphor. I wanna say we really need to get an Iranian to head the AFC although in reality when looking at the state of our TM/friendlies/league I think a Japanese would do a better job.