Blatter says Iran can host some 2022 World Cup games

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Like I have said a couple of times, if I had any position of authority in Iran one of the top items on my agenda would be to take that tournament away Qatar and put Iran and Iranians back on the list of being the best and most gracious hosts in the world and a top tourist attraction. If we had even a better government - hell even if the Pahlavis were still in power - these gulf Arabs would not have a quarter of the influence they now have on the global stage. The good news is that we have 9 years to wake the fuck up and smell the coffee!

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
This will not happen the akhoonds wont let it. By that time if were lucky we have overthrown the Islamic regime. Other wise this is just bullshit. Why would foreign women sacrifice their freedom by wearing the Hijab in Iran and why in the hell would the IR start selling alcohol in public. Its not like they have done so before.

I'm saying a lot can happen in 9 years for Iran but a revolution is not one of them unless a miracle happens and pretty much miracles are impossible.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
So let me get this straight, we have 9 years to do the following if this was to ever be remotely possible.

1. Allow women into the stadiums.
2. Allow women to actually wear whatever they want.
3. Allow the sale of alcohol.
4. Actually build/renovate to World Cup standard stadiums and facilities.
5. Bribe Blatter with millions of dollars so he gives us a couple of games.

So, simply put. Blatter az koon dare cherto pert mige. We are struggling to convince AFC to give us the Asian Cup in 2019, let alone hosting a World Cup game.

artavile

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
MD, USA
So let me get this straight, we have 9 years to do the following if this was to ever be remotely possible.

So, simply put. Blatter az koon dare cherto pert mige. We are struggling to convince AFC to give us the Asian Cup in 2019, let alone hosting a World Cup game.
That pretty much sums it up. Oh except the prerequisite:
0. Remove Islamic republic

Feb 4, 2005

You guys underestimate the powers of IRI. By then 90% of the world population and countries are avid Muslims. So no need for JENSEH ZAEEF in stadiums. I think Blatter also converted to Islam in his trip to Iran. Masi Ebtekar can confirm that.

Aug 13, 2003
He said that Iran and Abu Dhabi will be viable options to co host world cup game and he is open to the idea.

http://espn.go.com/espn/sportscenter/feed/#16-1610781

Well still 9 years away maybe by then women will be allowed in stadiums and alcohol will be legal? lol
You know it is not going to happen in Iran. World Cup is only viable in countries that its people are free along with good economies. Iran under mullahs is a bankrupt country along with violation of basic human rights. If you want to get away from the Arab states heat, you certainly don't want to come to Iran's polluted cities that in 9 years will double its population who have to tolarate mass poverty, lack of water and electricity with no oil export.. Yah sure bring the World Cup to Iran!

Sepahan

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2003
During Doha visit, Blatter reverses support for shared World Cup

Following a meeting with the Emir of Qatar yesterday, FIFA President Sepp Blatterdenied supporting the idea of a shared World Cup, despite remarks he had made in Abu Dhabi the day before, stating the opposite.
“We have decided never go in two countries, or three, if one country is able to do so,” he said during a press conference at the Four Seasons yesterday.
Qatar has long opposed sharing the 2022 World Cup with neighboring countries, saying, among others things, that it would be inconvenient for fans to have to
travel around to attend matches.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
During Doha visit, Blatter reverses support for shared World Cup

Following a meeting with the Emir of Qatar yesterday, FIFA President Sepp Blatterdenied supporting the idea of a shared World Cup, despite remarks he had made in Abu Dhabi the day before, stating the opposite.
“We have decided never go in two countries, or three, if one country is able to do so,” he said during a press conference at the Four Seasons yesterday.
Qatar has long opposed sharing the 2022 World Cup with neighboring countries, saying, among others things, that it would be inconvenient for fans to have to
travel around to attend matches.
Qatar clearly knows what is in the best interest of football fans. Fans would never travel from one city to another to attend a match, right Sepp ? (Blatter nods his head like the idiot he is.)

The best part of this is that tickets for Brazils twelve cities went on sale today.