Boycott Nike

Status
Not open for further replies.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
after all US citizenship is not easily acquired or granted, for one to tell others to leave your country is a bit of stretch. YOu can identify and take issue with what is not right. Or are you supposed to shut up?????? We should want good life for all people not just for the advanced countries.

Trying to change state of things by exchange of ideas and not terrorism is exactly what the US stands for. Or am I mistaken?? (granted personally feel things may not change but at least I speak what I stand for)

Typical middle eastern, russian and chinese and backward ass nations; " if you don't like it what don't yo leave"
Typical progressive; " if you dont like it roll up your sleeves and change it"

Typical reaction when you criticize the US government, living in the country has nothing to do with criticizing the government's wrongdoings. Afterall US is one of the best places to live with many opportunities but that doesn't mean you should be quiet about the crimes the US government has done, the fact remains that the US government is responsible with many crimes on humanity and there is nothing wrong to state the fact. The universities, googles, and other technologies that were created for advancements are the creation of human advancements and have nothing to do with the US government doing crimes around the world. In that case, you should leave earth and never speak of truth because you want to drive a car and use google, what a suck up and weak mentality. I speak the truth and I'm not afraid to do so unlike many others who suck it up and kiss ass, I don't do that, I live anywhere I want and use any technology I want and still state the fact whenever it is necessary because I'm not afraid to state the fact. BTW I am the man of my words, you don't know me and you have no idea how I live and what I stand for, there are also plenty of Americans who feel the same as I do and none of them feel like they should move out of the country and stop using googles, they simply believe in activism.

Last edited:

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
after all US citizenship is not easily acquired or granted, for one to tell others to leave your country is a bit of stretch. YOu can identify and take issue with what is not right. Or are you supposed to shut up?????? We should want good life for all people not just for the advanced countries.
There are plenty problems within the US, I mean I can take you to some neighborhoods in Bay Area and Los Angles and people are living worse than some third world countries. Beside all these, speaking the truth is something most people are afraid to do, but it is our right to do so, and should be done more often.

Akhe gooz che rabti dare...

If Nike opens up a large store in Tehran, then they don't give a shit about sanctions.

If Nike opens up a large store in Tehran and all people in Tehran start running there, it doesn't change the fact that spinhead as an individual can still boycott it.

And spinhead lives in the US as far as I know and is US taxpayer. Nike btw. is a global company so not only limited to the US. Nike belongs to the world in that sense.
As I said beside Nike there are many other corporate you have to boycott for the same reason. Nike is the least important

Last edited:

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
ppl get bothered by sanctions but Pakistani and Sri Lankan kids give their lives away to these corps and ppl conveniently have looked over. Indeed priorities are not set right.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
brother time and time there has been major concerns with work condition and pay.. as you know in China they install safety nets because workers jump of the buildings they work at.

To keep it light I give you this;

background;
Nike has been accused of using sweatshops since the early 1970s, when it produced goods in South Korea, the People's Republic of China, and Taiwan. As these countries' economies developed, workers became more productive, wages rose, and many moved on to higher paying jobs. Nike found cheaper labor in the People's Republic of China and Vietnam, which prohibited labor unions. When workers demanded additional rights and benefits in these countries, the Nike factories closed and moved to a different location that would enable them to continue operating at a low cost...

Am sure conditions have improved but bottomline corporations looking for extreme profits and workers are the losers. You get the idea..

A dispute arose from Nike’s personalization system, NIKEiD. MIT graduate Jonah Peretti attempted to order a pair of shoes from Nike. He chose to have the word “sweatshop” embroidered on them. Nike sent Peretti an email explaining that his personalization request could not be granted for one of four things: it contained another party's trademark or other intellectual property, the name of an athlete or team Nike does not have legal right to use, profanity or inappropriate slang, or was left blank. Peretti replied, expressing to Nike that his personalization did not contain content violating the aforementioned criteria. Nike responded by allowing Peretti to alter his personalization and Peretti chose not to change it and cancelled the order.

No they don't. They get paid for it and make a living. You prefer if they didn't have jobs?

spinhead

Elite Member
Oct 24, 2002
United States of Amnesia
Being a consumer is like voting with you wallet. Many of us have simply decided not to "vote" for Nike anymore. I don't understand why this has to ruffle so many feathers. As another example, since 2010 many people have boycotted BP gas stations because of the Deepwater Horizon disastrous BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

Why do Iranians have to always have this my way or the highway dictatorship mentality? Agha, you want to vote for Trump? Be my guest! You want to buy Nike? Be my guest! I just simply stated my position.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
brother time and time there has been major concerns with work condition and pay.. as you know in China they install safety nets because workers jump of the buildings they work at.

To keep it light I give you this;

background;
Nike has been accused of using sweatshops since the early 1970s, when it produced goods in South Korea, the People's Republic of China, and Taiwan. As these countries' economies developed, workers became more productive, wages rose, and many moved on to higher paying jobs. Nike found cheaper labor in the People's Republic of China and Vietnam, which prohibited labor unions. When workers demanded additional rights and benefits in these countries, the Nike factories closed and moved to a different location that would enable them to continue operating at a low cost...

Am sure conditions have improved but bottomline corporations looking for extreme profits and workers are the losers. You get the idea..

A dispute arose from Nike’s personalization system, NIKEiD. MIT graduate Jonah Peretti attempted to order a pair of shoes from Nike. He chose to have the word “sweatshop” embroidered on them. Nike sent Peretti an email explaining that his personalization request could not be granted for one of four things: it contained another party's trademark or other intellectual property, the name of an athlete or team Nike does not have legal right to use, profanity or inappropriate slang, or was left blank. Peretti replied, expressing to Nike that his personalization did not contain content violating the aforementioned criteria. Nike responded by allowing Peretti to alter his personalization and Peretti chose not to change it and cancelled the order.
Let's not forget it was Nike that got in trouble for child labor back in 90's, however since then they issued their code of conduct to become more ethical and that happened after their sales went down because of the news that their suppliers used child labor. They have cleaned up a lot since then but still is the company that wants to maximize profit instead of increasing their social responsibility.

Dec 30, 2014
are to faghat bekhand, to faghat khooby, BTW I speak on facts not KOSO SHER which you are about!
بابا بی‌خیال این یارو شو. الان ۱۰ ساله که جفنگیات پشت مزخرف پشت شرت و پرت مینویسه و از خودش خیلی حال میکنه. گند زد به این وب سایت و هر چی همه بهش مو دبانه گفتند تو که از ایران و ایرانی متنفر هستی، لایق اینکه یک وب سایت ایرانی را کنترل کنی، نیستی، اصلا به روی مبارک نمیاره و باز هم دری وری ردیف میکنه و از جاش جمب نمیخوره. از پر رویئ از ملاّ‌های خودمون کم نداره.

یک موقعی یک مرشد همه چیز خل تر از خودش هم داشت. مرشده که مثل اینکه غیبش زده، و این بد بخت مجبوره دو برابر جفنگ بگه. خاک بر سره اون محیطی که این و
امثال این را اینقدر عقده ای تربیت کرد که هر موقع یک ایرانی موفق شد اینها حرصشون بگیره و هر وقت یک ایرانی زمین خورد اینها بپرند بالا و جشن بگیرن.

این لینک هم این پائین گذشتم که خاطراته خودش و هم منقلی هاش تازه بشه و خلاصه پاک شنگول بشن. البته خودش و مرشدش از این جور جفنگیات زیاد نوشتند، ولی حوصله پیدا کردن بقیه‌اش فعلا نیست.

http://forums.iransportspress.com/threads/how-to-fool-a-nation-and-then-brag-about-it.83799/

p.s FUCK NIKE

Status
Not open for further replies.