Branco reall test start................WAKE UP MAN !

Nov 24, 2002
Today we lost, i dont open this thread just because of our really poor performance against a Fist Division clubs who failed to make it to premier league for many years and as far as i remember!!!!!!!!
But it was Ok .. if it was only a LOST...! it is freindly and result really doesnt matter for us !But.........
1)When you are rated 15th in the world, when you booked your ticket as 3th team qualified in WC.. at least when some one ( lets say an english fans) watch your team expect minimum of 10 minutes good football against a Poor side in English first division ( Not EPL!!!!!!!!!!)
2) Some people will say this was our B team , please dont look for exuse, Japan managed to win Asian title with non of their european base!But we played at least with half team that played in qualifications !
3) Fitness !!!!!!!!!!!and again Fitness ! should i add more ! it is shame to see our boys ! had hard time fitness problem against a poor english club! yes again it is not Chelsea, Tottenhom, Man U , Arsenal it is QPR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Then we talk about the trasnfer of Nikbakht to Villareal ! Kaabi and Nekounam to Spurs ! Kazemian to Spain!
4) we will have some better freindly later ! in 98 with less budget, connextion , worst Fifa ranking, we managed to play against some goodn teams like Crotia ! This time wont be worst and this is where reall chalenge start for the coach ! Mr branko who is very proud of his result should defend himself va begole marof har chi ke dareh ro koneh ! ! because this is only the start of the long way which will be ended to THE BIGGEST FOOTBALL TOURNEMENT in the world !

I never critisized him ! he is a result oriented coach ! that is fine ! but i am sorry for a man who has the team in last 3 or 4 years ! they are not even able to do a SIMPLE PASSES !Yes i know TM is not a place to teach all that! but why you select the players who dont deserve any place in NT
SHOULD I NAME
MR KAMELI, BADAVI Nikbakht ..
branko ... wake up man !!!!!!!!!
WE DONT NEED SAUDI DISASTOR (8-0!!!!!!!!!!)
As a tm fan in last 20 years : We won because of induvidual talent and not team working !!!!!!!!
and this never changed even with bunch of Vic for many years in our football!

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
yeah we sucked. but our TM wasnt performing like this in prev games. even against N.Korea we did better bc we had a game plan.
we had no game plan today. I dont know what Branko aimed for today. clearly we didnt even have a defensive tactic today.

but atleast we learned we have to seriously work on our fitness or else we'll fail miserably in WC06. and Branko also proved us again, he is pretty weak in substitutions.:(
not that the result mattered today but we could atleast lose 1-0 instead of 3-0.

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
This wasnt the B-team:

Look at how many of the players are guaranteed starters:

Mirzapour
Yahya
Kaabi
Nekounam

Look at how many players have been regulars or are regularly playing right now:

Nikbakht
Nosrati
Alavi

Look at how many of the players were the bright hopes of our football:

Mobali
Kazemian
Borhani

So where is the B team?

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
I totally agree with you Babr about our fitness problems.

I believe we need some new blood in our coaching staff.

First thing we should do is to get rid of HOSEIN FARAKI and our Crotian goali coach(forgot his name, Daro Begovich???). And then hire a world class trainer, match analyzer(someone like Afshin Ghotbi), and a good Goali Coach.

Our coaching staff (braco excluded) really sucks.

OmidS

Ball Boy
Oct 20, 2002
www.contrapuntalnews.com
<<3) Fitness !!!!!!!!!!!and again Fitness ! should i add more ! it is shame to see our boys ! had hard time fitness problem against a poor english club! yes again it is not Chelsea, Tottenhom, Man U , Arsenal it is QPR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Then we talk about the trasnfer of Nikbakht to Villareal ! Kaabi and Nekounam to Spurs ! Kazemian to Spain!>>

Fitness indeed!!!!!! A nice Iranian guy I met pointed it out to me and once I paid attention to it, I noticed in what terrible shape everyone really is.

Iran

<b>News Team</b>
Feb 12, 2004
Norway
No exuses for such a bad game BUT, like Korea ore Brazil before last WC.
When uou have a such good time before WC, you bring in some new players and dont give them to much order, you just louck at them , and let them play their own game.
This i s exactly what a new coach does when he take over a new team in pre season. He let the players play their own game, he then pick at some players and use them more.

Branco know who his main star is for WC its those players that play in Europe. He will know search every corner of Iran for players with the strenght he is searching for. Exactly what Hiddink did. You will see many changes in this team. Our team will be something else for WC. Karimi fit, VH,Mehdi,Navidkia, Rezaei and Zandi.

Brancoo will try to see other players from our squad play against other teams. I belive players such as : Vahedi and Borhani will soon leave TM.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
Chaker Babr Aziz
I told you that 3 weeks ago. This team is not capable of making 2 passes in the row. It is true that Branko gets result and ....... but we need to look at the quality of our play as well.

May 13, 2005
Canada
www.yakhmak.com
baba in morrabi be darde TM nemikhore!! in teame bashgahiii ziiiadishe ke morrabi gari kone!! akhe baba in QPR bood o injooor defa'e ma terrrrrrr midad! che berese be Teamhaye world cup!! 2ta passe mesle adam nemitonan be ham bedan! akhhhe inn chiiiie toro beghoran!!
fitness! nabayad tavagho'e bishtar az in ham dasht az in bazikona! akhe toro beghoran tamrinhaye TM ro bebinnn bebin che maskharasss ke ye bashgahe daste 4 europe behtar az in fitness'ha mikonan!!

ba in hamme mohre!! bebin branko chand salle to iran hanooz 1 chehre jadid be footballe iran nadade!!

Iran bayad ye morrabi daraje 1 jahan dashte bashhhe ke in teamo besazzzzze

ghilich

Bench Warmer
Oct 12, 2004
usa
OmidS said:
<<3)
Then we talk about the trasnfer of Nikbakht to Villareal ! Kaabi and Nekounam to Spurs ! Kazemian to Spain!>>
LOL...
I think they mean Nikbakht to one of THOSE "real villa's" in Spain and to keep him from getting home sick too much Kazemian to the flamenco bars in Seville....

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
I never take the result of a friendly game seriose even Iran won. Besides none of our
stars were in this match. Karimi, Zandi, Mahdavi, Hashemian, Rezaei were all absent.
Ivic also used playing against club teams for test. What many football fans never understood was that he did not care about the result but certain players should be tested to see if they were doing what they should do. The emphsise was Mohammad khani since Ivic wanted to train him to be a good sweeper.

Nov 24, 2002
Saeedb said:
I never take the result of a friendly game seriose even Iran won. Besides none of our
stars were in this match. Karimi, Zandi, Mahdavi, Hashemian, Rezaei were all absent.
Ivic also used playing against club teams for test. What many football fans never understood was that he did not care about the result but certain players should be tested to see if they were doing what they should do. The emphsise was Mohammad khani since Ivic wanted to train him to be a good sweeper.
Mohammad khani was always natural sweeper who could play in the side also, even from the day he played in Payam Tehran .. but untill 1990 he was always in shadow of great defender , legend Mohammad Panjali and ofcourse with reason