Branko is a tactical genius!!!.....

halftime

Bench Warmer
Nov 24, 2004
I am not sure what was his game plans? We were lucky to get away with a point. Thanks for some solid defending from Golmo and Rezaie and a good save from Mirza. Bahrain had a game plan, they attacked with pace and they were much better organized than we were.

Zandi played well. He was passing the ball well but unfortunately there was hardly any movements in front of him. Some players were waiting for the ball to be hit before moving. We looked very slow and played the game almost in walking pace. Overall very disappointing performance but I’ll take the point. Need to win the next game. 4 points from the first 2 games should be the target.

Go Iran

nakhl

Bench Warmer
Feb 1, 2005
Bauvafa said:
I was having a cup of coffee when I first read the thread title. thanx for the laughter! ;)

up to this morning he was a genius, now with one questionable game he became punk, the unproven assistant coach and a long list of insults and accusations.

after next game, i'm sure u'll say something else about him. the fact is that this was a tough game and i have a feeling that Branko knew that and changed tactics. he most probably went for a draw.

this may not make sense in a game that pride was involved, but if u take a look at the whole WCQ, it may have been a very good and solid decision. What matters is the qualification, not revenge or even pride. our pride has been broken, but may be something real good happened to us in the process.

The ONE point that Branko gained is a very crucial one. Now, we will most probably advance with three home wins. If u look at our schedule we are gonna play Japan at Azadi, N.Korea away and then june 3, n.Korea at azadi. This means, if we manage to win these games, which is not out of reach, we qualify even b4 playing bahrain at azadi june 8.

Now, if u look at bahrain sched., they have to travel to N. Korea, then Japan and then they face Japan at home. Obviousely a much tougher sched. than ours. Before we face bahrain in Tehran, Bahrain may not even have enough points to have any hope.

So, Branko Genius? or Dummy?

Only time will tell. DO NOT JUDGE BY ONE GAME

Apr 10, 2003
So Behrang you really think it is given and Iran will win 3 home games???? Are you seroius?
If they win 3 home games it is a miracle and I have no arguments with statement of "miracles can happen"

But that is it

I still say we will qualify, but we already lost 2 valuable points here. As we lose points it will get harder.

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
We wont win 3 at home.
Im sure of that.

But we sure need to.
This group will be a tight 3 horse race.
Any home points lost is a big disadvantage.

nakhl

Bench Warmer
Feb 1, 2005
family_zirak said:
but we already lost 2 valuable points here. As we lose points it will get harder.

Bahrain lost 2 valuale points as well, didn't they? And they lost the 2 points that they are expected to gain at home!

to tell u the truth, i cannot buy we lost 2 valuable point arguement. The way I look at it is that we GAINED ONE VALUABLE POINT. Now, with 3 wins we can qualify. The draw against bahrain would have been much much better than the possibiity of a loss, and Branko did us a service by going for the 1 instead of risking a loss.

LDPC

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2003
I am not saying we played well but a good thing is that we didn't show our opponents our real tactic. My only worry is that we might not know our real tactic as well!

Apr 10, 2003
Nakhl, I want you to be right and I support you 100%!!!

I have had bad experiance, like losing to Jordan in Iran, tie with Bahrain and hardly qualifying in first run.....

N.Korea is not easier than Bahrain.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
he has always been a mediocre coach and always will be but hey who says no to half a million dollars in iran.

lots of talent to arrange your team, you can lose to anyone and still you won't get fired and you get support.

it is a coach's dream especially this balkan monkey like blaz before him.

blaz lost us 2002 and this moron will lose us this one.

having said that, the other side of the coin says that, our players sucked ass. They are walking around the field like they are on a stroll in park niavaraan with their naamzad.

Bahrain deserved to win those camel jockey assholes.

May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
hmmm sorry to break it to you but there are other coaches in the world other than branko, parveen and all the other names you mentioned.

that didn't make sense at all.

concerning the game, with the amount of talent and time that he had on his time there was ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE FOR THIS COMICAL AND REDICILOUS DISPLAY OF INDIFFERENCE AND COMPLACANCY.

anyone who calls today's game a football match is either:
1- totally ignorant of what football is
or
2- mentally deficient.

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
I dont know about tactical genious.

but I know he has sound and safe tactics.

what I feel lacking is that FIRE and GUTS .... that BALLSY style that allows TM to get more aggressive and offensive, especially since it will suit our style of football, as well as the fact that we have some really heavy duty offensive players.

so it's a nagging uneasiness to see so much fire-power at our disposal, and yet our coach doesnt use it to its maximum !!!

like mobaali would have performed far better than karimi.
especially since we shd have expected to see him marked from the statr.
mobaali and his more energetic style would have given us an added dimension in playmaking.
and he's far more sensible than karimi, in his passing and ...

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
good points Peyz jan..100% agree.

Thats Branco`s style.he stands firm on TM's win and even if TM has no plan of winning he sets up a conservative strategy to keep the result(draw).
It was an ugly game and just like Iran-China game in AC2004 that many of us believed we backed off too much that cost us loss to China at the end.

we gotta 30 though. If we perform like a real fresh team in future games,and qualify no problem.but if we dont he shouldnt be responsible for his lack of substitutions and team strategy..