BREAKING - Fabio Capello resigns as england manger

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
Fabio Capello today quit as the manager of England's football team.

it comes after the FA removed John Terry as england captain for allegedly using racist language against Anton Ferdinand. Capello was not happy with the decision, and after talks today, has decided to resign.

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
Fabio Capello has resigned as England manager, the Football Association has confirmed. Capello resigned after a meeting with FA chairman David Bernstein and general secretary Alex Horne at Wembley.

An FA statement read: "The Football Association can confirm that Fabio Capello has today resigned as England manager."

On Monday, the Italian publicly challenged the FA's decision to strip John Terry of the captaincy.

The FA's statement continued: "The discussions focused on the FA Board's decision to remove the England team captaincy from John Terry, and Fabio Capello's response through an Italian broadcast interview. "In a meeting for over an hour, Fabio's resignation was accepted and he will leave the post of England manager with immediate effect." Bernstein said: "I would like to stress that during [the] meeting and throughout his time as England manager, Fabio has conducted himself in an extremely professional manner. "We have accepted Fabio's resignation, agreeing this is the right decision. We would like to thank Fabio for his work with the England team and wish him every success in the future."

A media conference with Bernstein and the Club England management team will take place at Wembley Stadium on Thursday at 1200 GMT. The FA will not be making any further comment until the media conference.

Aug 26, 2005
Why would Redknapp go? It would be stupid for him to.

If Hiddink gets the job then I have money on England winning the WC. Someone like him can make all the difference.

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
rightly, or wrongly, after a couple of failures by foreign coaches in charge of england, most england fans would want a british coach. and at the moment no one even comes close to harry. why would harry leave spurs? i dont think it will be too much of a hard decision. as a coach, you would always want to coach your national team. harry is a proud man, and i think he would love to coach his country. it might just be that he would stay till the end of the season.

if england decide to go foreign, then hiddink is the obvious choice. he has already said he would be interested.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Fabio Capello today quit as the manager of England's football team.

it comes after the FA removed John Terry as england captain for allegedly using racist language against Anton Ferdinand. Capello was not happy with the decision, and after talks today, has decided to resign.
that was so shocking to hear! but to be honest with u, dont think he is a kid to quit ahead of all the imp games of World Cup,etc bc of this?! he kind of knew he can only go too far with England NT(same as any other coach).:)

this is the worst news for any spurs fan.

Harry Redknapp is odds on favourite to take over the job. FUCK
loooool,akh joon! aza azast emruz! Tottenham saheb azast emruz! az farda yatim mishin, and hopefully soon Eriksson, or Benitez takes over ur team!!:D

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
I think Redknapp's always said that coaching the national team is his dream, so I think it'll be him. Hiddink's not interested in a coaching job, although he might make an exception for the English national team.