BREAKING NEWS: Iran Expected to Host Asian Cup 2011

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
Fox Sports Australia has said that it expects Iran to be named as hosts for the Asian Cup 2011. According to the report, Qatar and Iran are the only two countries to have bid. Host will be chosen tomorrow.

Watch this space.

Babak G

Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
Although reports from Jakarta suggest Qatar is the only country to have bid, so these Aussies may have been off their rockers...

Dont know what is going on.

Fox Sports Australia said it live on TV...Hmm...Confused!

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Iran and India were also preliminary bidders but they have fallen off the map and Qatar is the only official bid.
Of course AFC has the right to reject their bid and ask for any new bids to be resubmitted!

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
BTW, Foxsports Australia has some fcuking stupid morons in their. I'm not sure who you heard it from Babak but I can tell you that bald fcuker Andy Harper is more likely to break wind than news!

This from AFC's website last month:

KUALA LUMPUR: India have formally withdrawn from the bidding process to host the AFC Asian Cup™ 2011, while the official bid in compliance with AFC’s bidding requirements has not yet been received from IR Iran.

Qatar were the first one of the trio to submit their bid to host the next edition of Asia’s premiere football event, formally submitting their bid to AFC, on Tuesday 19 June, two days prior to the deadline.

According to the timeline set by AFC, Member Associations were to submit a signed Organising Association Agreement (OAA) and all bid documentation by Thursday 21 June, in compliance with the terms of the List of Requirements, the OAA and other annexes.

Earlier, All India Football Federation (AIFF) General Secretary Alberto Colaco told news agencies that they would not be able to meet the huge and stringent infrastructural requirements.

“We are not making a formal bid,” Colaco told the media. “We need two international standard stadiums in each of the cities where matches will be played. It is very tough."

AFC will announce the hosts of the 2011 edition in Jakarta on July 29 following the AFC Executive Committee meeting on the sidelines of the AFC Asian Cup 2007™ final at the Gelora Bungkarno Stadium later in the evening.

Toofan

Elite Member
Nov 14, 2004
Qom
www.toofan.org
lol! ... yeah. that will happen. but then again the competition might collide with a day of mourning for one of 12 imams or prophet & that would cancell asian cup :(

Babak G

Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
I dont know mate. Its a live feed, but its on ART PRIME SPORTS, a local cable channel. The two commentators said welcome to FOX SPORTS AUSTRALIA right before kickoff and talked about Iran being favorites to clinch the hosting tomorrow.

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
I dont know mate. Its a live feed, but its on ART PRIME SPORTS, a local cable channel. The two commentators said welcome to FOX SPORTS AUSTRALIA right before kickoff and talked about Iran being favorites to clinch the hosting tomorrow.
Oh, ok. Unfortunately I tuned in 3 mins into the game so i must've missed that!
I will keep an eye on the half time talk with that bald fuckwit I was telling you about! There's nothing on any of the websites though.

Apr 10, 2003
Quatar for 2011, As the only candidate and Austrilia is going for 2015 so far. Iran year 3000, hopefully things are a bit better by that time. We all can watch it from heaven or hell!

Oct 1, 2004
I doubt it, although considering their very poor attendance and marketing figures for this tournament, they may just give it to someone who can draw in fans.

shayanm

Bench Warmer
Nov 1, 2006
with all this regime problems in iran there is no way i wanna see iran host it, imagine how embarresed we would get if they say women can't attend the game or sh!t like that, F$%&^$% stupid