Brighton break transfer record by signing Iranian winger Alireza Jahanbakhsh

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Boss Chris Hughton said: “We are delighted to welcome Alireza to the club, and we are particularly pleased to get this deal over the line.

“Ali is a player that we have been aware of and monitored for a few years, and his versatility will increase our attacking options within the squad.

“He can play in a wide position or central midfield attacking role and I am now very much looking forward to working with him.”

Attachments

Nov 24, 2002
As i said the first ever Iranian player who is joining a top leagues as a difference maker.
Damesh garm. Long way from Damash Gilan to EPL.
This kid left family at 18, played in Dutch 2nd division. Totally destroyed the league at 19. Played in Dutch top division, was the league top scorer and 2nd best player of the league and now facing a new challenge in his life.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Interesting thing is as you see in the photos Brighton is sponsored by American Express and got two Israeli International players
one of them striker Tomer Hemed. lol

Last edited:

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
I'm honestly surprised with Leicester city not signing JB, they got £60m for Mahrez but refused to get him who would have been a great replacement for the
Algerian. I think Leicester city would have been a better move for JB since they play offensive football home and away and he could have flourished more.
Nevertheless still quite happy with this EPL move.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
i will try and attend Fulham v Brighton and West Ham v Brighton. Much easier to get tickets for these two matches. I might even consider
travelling to Brighton to watch a few home matches since Brighton is only couple of hours drive from London.

Happy days :)

Few pictures of Brighton's new stadium

Attachments

Last edited:

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
good for him.
Mahdavikia started the traditional of professional Iranian player and now Jahanbaksh has taken the mantle and taken to the next basecamp.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Ostad Sardar yad begire... hamash yek mosht koso sher to social media post mikoneh. dava ba ino on.. in bashar ta aadam beshe hala hala ha tol dare..

takbetak

Elite Member
Apr 27, 2006
Afarin behesh. He is the one our other players should look up to. Keep your head down, avoid 24/7 attachment to social media, work hard, improve step by step and even score a hat trick against my team Man United. I'd cheer to that.
And how would you feel if it happened in Man United's last game of the season and his hat trick denied Man United the League Title ? or even worse , his hat trick relegated Man United to Championship ? LOL.