Bryce Harper

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
17 year old phenom will undoubtedly be the #1 pick in the MLB amateur draft this year. He has been called the greatest position player prospects of the past 40 years. He is beyond a 5 tool player. Hitting 500 foot bombs as a 15 year old and throwing 96+ mph as a 16 year old. He can score from 2nd on a wild pitch and can play almost any position, currently he plays catcher and guns out players from his knees frequently...

As a 15 year old, Harper had a .599 batting average with 11 home runs and 67 RBIs in 38 games for Las Vegas High School.

Then as a 16 year old, Harper had a .626 batting average with 14 home runs and 55 RBIs.

When he turned 17 he decided to skip his final TWO year of HS, get his GED and play for a local JR College. This year as a 17 year old, playing against older guys through 62 games in his 2010 Junior College season, Harper is batting .442/.524/.986 (AVG/OBP/SLG) with 88 runs scored, 29 home runs, 89 RBIs, 18 SBs, and a 1.510 OPS. Thats absolutely insane.

The nationals are going to have Strasburg and Harper as the cornerstone of their team. The biggest pitching phenom and hitting phenom to come out in recent memory. Cant wait to see him play...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4NPF5bPEsg"]YouTube- E:60 "The Natural"[/ame]

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
just out of curiosity, do you also play baseball? or just follow the sport?

do you go to any games?
I played organized baseball until I was about 15, playing catcher, 1st base and outfield. Once I hit 15 I decided to concentrate on American Football and Basketball. I still have played here and there since and used to go to the batting cages once in awhile before I had back surgery. I used to go to about 15 games a year but now its more like 3 or 4, just dont have the time. I follow the sport much more during years I play fantasy baseball, but I still follow quite a bit. Nothing like the NFL though.

Arian

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2004
Seattle
I have always heard that it's a lot of fun if you go to the games or if you play the sport.

Watching it on TV is just painful to me!

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
I have always heard that it's a lot of fun if you go to the games or if you play the sport.

Watching it on TV is just painful to me!
Ahh I see. Yeah I guess if youve never played it can be boring. Its a different kind of sport. To people that like it, each pitch is exciting, to people that dont it just seems slow. When I was young, it was my favorite sport. I collected baseball cards, I went to games, I played organized ball. I really loved it. As I grew older I fell in love with American Football and I gravitated towards that, but I still love baseball. To me its as relaxing and enjoyable as golf, yet competitive and exciting as football. Hitting a moving round ball with a round bat is one of the hardest things in sports...

Arian

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2004
Seattle
Ahh I see. Yeah I guess if youve never played it can be boring. Its a different kind of sport. To people that like it, each pitch is exciting, to people that dont it just seems slow. When I was young, it was my favorite sport. I collected baseball cards, I went to games, I played organized ball. I really loved it. As I grew older I fell in love with American Football and I gravitated towards that, but I still love baseball. To me its as relaxing and enjoyable as golf, yet competitive and exciting as football. Hitting a moving round ball with a round bat is one of the hardest things in sports...

what about the level of complexity?

I know football is very complex. Every play needs to be well-calculated.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
what about the level of complexity?

I know football is very complex. Every play needs to be well-calculated.
Baseball isnt as complex as american football since most of the game is one on one matchups, but there is still a lot of strategy involved. Baseball is the most statistical game on the planet. There are stats for everything and a players stat sheet looks like an economics report. But if you understand the fundamentals of the game, its pretty simple for the most part.

I suggest you play catch with a friend or go to the batting cages. Its extremely fun and I promise youll like the sport.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
I always liked playing it, but I just can't watch it on TV, I can't really watch TV though aside from football, boxing, mma and anything with De Niro in it

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
thx Farbod for sharing your views.

I agree, I use to love baseball, then fell off it (when there was a strike, which killed my perception of the game for a LONG time) but am really back into it again. It's an awesome game and has a lot of science and smarts to it.

Montreal Expos errr. Washington Nationals will be huge with these two at the helm. Lucky bastards. Just hope Starsburg doesn't blow out his arm, dude throws 100mph fastballs ... he needs to add serious breaking pitches into the mix (which he has) in order to protect his arm.

Not a big NFL guy at all.

Oct 18, 2002
Los Angeles, CA USA
Haha like clockwork he gets tossed out of a game and gets a 2 game suspension. He has played his last game as an amateur. See ya in the pros!

BTW, he finished the season batting .445 with 31 Hrs and leading his team in every offensive category including walks and stolen bases. The team record for HRs was 12, back when they used to use aluminum bats 20 years ago. In an all wood league, he crushed the Home Run record as a 17 year old. Insane.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
of course they do, nowadays everybody takes roids, even the highschool wrestling team

but baseball players, lol, they just look so juiced

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
yeah, and? I said they do take roids

you'll see a lot more guys in baseball that LOOK juiced up, i dunno, maybe it's because they don't have to cut weight or anything

I'm pretty sure most mma fighters take something, but they don't necessarily look juiced up