Calculator-WC2014-Irans group (Download)

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
hey ISP's.
I created a calculator with Tabel and schedule for Irans groups remaining matches. For all prediction lovers.
It is a Excel fil. and here is a picture of it:
The only thing you need to do is fill out the yellow fields with your prediction (score), and make your own senario.
Download the file here:

https://www.yousendit.com/download/WUJiZGVRTXZRR2RvSWNUQw

What scores does Iran need to make it?
Please share a screen-print of your most likely senario here with us.
Btw. don't mind thanking me. I only spent 3-4 hours on this
:iluvtm:

Attachments

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Here is my Prediction:

Before day 10: We lose to Qatar and we beat Lebanon (10 p) - Qatar lose to Korea and beat us (10 p)
Before day 10: We have a better goalscore the Qatar and we are 3rd.

Last day we are about to lose to Korea 2-1and Qatar is about to lose to Uzb 1-0. But a late Qatari goal makes an equalizer, bring them 1 point a head of us.
Iran 4th. Bye bye Brazil!
my-prediction-WC2014-AFC-Q.jpg

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Here is my Prediction:

Before day 10: We lose to Qatar and we beat Lebanon (10 p) - Qatar lose to Korea and beat us (10 p)
Before day 10: We have a better goalscore the Qatar and we are 3rd.

Last day we are about to lose to Korea 2-1and Qatar is about to lose to Uzb 1-0. But a late Qatari goal makes an equalizer, bring them 1 point a head of us.
Iran 4th. Bye bye Brazil!
Excellent jinxing thread Mammad Reza Brando.well done and 10/10.

Aug 13, 2003
Good job! Basically it is over. 2002 revisited! But this time instead of Irland we will have a fast and fit south American team. We stand no chance with our inventory of players. Those south American teams have their bar set high to the level of Argentina and Brasil. Our bar is set bellow Lebanon and Qatar. Therefore the gap is a universe ahead. Unless a miracle happens and we win 3 reamining games and top teams lose and we end up amongst top two, I will have a sex change operation and become a football godess! Until than rest assure that our team melie peaked in 1998 and went down after that, now it is at the bottom and has not bounced back. As long as we are at the bottom of the curve our chance are zero. Since the revolution of 1979 we made it to the world cup only twice:

1982 no, 1986 no (yeah yeah the war), 1990 no, 1994 no, 1998 yes, 2002 no, 2006 yes, 2010 no, 2014 ? so we falied 75% of the time. The law of probabily says there is a great chance that we will not make it to the 2014 WC. And that is history!

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Nice file Brando jan, cheers mate

[video=youtube;46S0V0FkCIk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46S0V0FkCIk[/video]

I feel we will beat Qatar in Doha, a Team Melli that has been pushed into a corner is dangerous. (I feel the game against Lebanon is more dangerous) seeing how complacent we get its predictable for us to make the easy games hard, and the hard ones look easy.

Anyways here are my predictions for the rest of the qualifiers.

South Korea- Qatar 2-0
Uzbekistan-Lebanon 2-1

Lebanon-South Korea 0-0
Qatar- Iran 1-2

Iran- Lebanon 1-0
South Korea- Uzbekistan 1-1

South Korea- Iran 1-1
Uzbekistan- Qatar 2-2

Iran will finish on top with 14p followed by South Korea on 13p, 3rd place will go to Uzbekistan who finish on 13p with less goal difference then S.Korea.

Iran- 14p
South Korea- 13p
Uzbekistan 13p

If we fail to beat Qatar in Doha, then 3rd place is the best we can hope for. If we win, we will finish top 2, mark my words. But knowing Iran, we will f-ck that up too.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2002
Nice file Brando jan, cheers mate

[video=youtube;46S0V0FkCIk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46S0V0FkCIk[/video]

I feel we will beat Qatar in Doha, a Team Melli that has been pushed into a corner is dangerous. (I feel the game against Lebanon is more dangerous) seeing how complacent we get its predictable for us to make the easy games hard, and the hard ones look easy.

Anyways here are my predictions for the rest of the qualifiers.

South Korea- Qatar 2-0
Uzbekistan-Lebanon 2-1

Lebanon-South Korea 0-0
Qatar- Iran 1-2

Iran- Lebanon 1-0
South Korea- Uzbekistan 1-1

South Korea- Iran 1-1
Uzbekistan- Qatar 2-2

Iran will finish on top with 14p followed by South Korea on 13p, 3rd place will go to Uzbekistan who finish on 13p with less goal difference then S.Korea.

Iran- 14p
South Korea- 13p
Uzbekistan 13p

If we fail to beat Qatar in Doha, then 3rd place is the best we can hope for. If we win, we will finish top 2, mark my words. But knowing Iran, we will f-ck that up too.
dude Qatar face Uzbaks when they onced played againts us ! if we beat them , they have no chance finishing 3th even , what tell you they will tie against uzbak in uzbak's land ?!

Nov 24, 2002
as i said ! we wins our 3 games , we are IN
we win qatar and lebenon and tie korea is most likely a 3th place
anyother senario we are OUT most likely

May 9, 2004
نمیشه نتایج تیم ملی ایران را تخمین زد
عجیب نیست اگر ما کره را تو کره ببریم و از لبنان تو تهران ببازیم
یا مثلا از قطر ببریم با لبنان ده نفره مساوی کنیم
تیم ایران دیمیه
سوم هم بشیم خدا را شکر:
هم ازبکستان و هم کره از تیم ایران قوی تر هستند
همیشه ما تیم قوی بودیم توی گروه و همیشه با بد شانسی سوم یا چهارم می شدیم
ولی الان دو تیم دیگر از ما قوی تر هستند مخصوصا کره یک سر و گردن از تیم ملی ایران بالا تر است
ما تنها تیمی هستیم که از لبنان باختیم
تازه شانس اوردیم سه امتیاز از ازبکستان و سه امتیاز از کره گرفتیم
هرچند که روبروی لبنان بد شانس بودیم
فکر کنم اخر کار جدول اینطوری باشه
کره 16 امتیاز
ازبکستان 14 امتیاز
ایران 10 امتیاز
قطر 10 امتیاز
لبنان 4 امتیاز
فرق گل از قطر می افتیم بالاتر
بازی با اردن یا عراق یا عمان را می بریم
بازی رفت با پنجم امریکای جنوبی را می بازیم 3-1
و تو تهران از انها می بریم 2-1
اخر کار دفاع ایران گل میزنه و داور که سوت میزنه میزنه زیرگریه
اولش گفتم نمیشه تخمین زد ولی اخر کار همه چیز تخمین زده شد
:4:

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
So what happens if this happens? Tie in Points and Goal Difference... does it go to head to head?

View attachment 33586
I guess UZB will qualify then.

In all group tournaments, three points are awarded for a win, one for a draw, and none for a loss.
FIFA has set the order of the tie-breakers for teams that finish level on points:
1.goal difference in all group matches
2.greater number of goals scored in all group matches

Where teams are still not able to be separated, the following tie-breakers are used:

1.greater number of points obtained in matches between the tied teams
2.goal difference in matches between the tied teams
3.greater number of goals scored in matches between the tied teams

Where teams are still equal, then a play-off on neutral ground, with extra time and penalties if necessary will be played if FIFA deems such a play-off able to be fitted within the coordinated international match calendar. If this is not deemed feasible, then the result will be determined by the drawing of lot.

May 9, 2004
پیش بینی را که من همان وقتی که تیمهای هم گروه ما روشن شد کردم
دارد درست از اب در می اید
وقتی لبنان و قطر و ازبکستان وکره را دیدم گفتم ما از کره و ازبک امتیازهای بیشتری میگیریم تا از لبنان و قطر !!!ا
همیشه همین بوده و هست و خواهد بود
لبنان تنها بردش را از ایران داشته
قطر یک امتیاز از ایران در تهران گرفت
درست مثل چهار سال پیش
مثل هشت سال پیش مثل دوازده سال پیش و مثل چهار سال اینده و هشت سال اینده
و بیست سال اینده و صد سال اینده
;);)

Oct 18, 2010
Compare to my own predictions, Korea scored 2 goal less and Uzbekistan scored 1 goal less. So far so good. :)I btt this on June 1. View attachment 33588
the goal kor scored in the 96th minute was very important for iran.in fact iran's qualification is realistically more in the hands of kor than iran as i explain.iran does not need to go suicidal in qatar and win the game at all cost.a draw in qatar is actually a better result because it will keep qatar alive for a 3rd place finish and will make them play hard in the last game against uzb.the best case scenario for iran in the next 2 matchdays is for kor to win both matches and for iran to draw qatar and win with a 3+ goal margin vs leb.if this happens then kor is already qualified with 16 points iran and uzeb each have 11 points but iran has a better gd and qatar has 8 points.then in the last matchday uzb needs at least a point at home to secure a 3rd place finish,qatar needs a win to secure a 3rd place finish and iran needs a draw to secure a 3rd place finish.you can bet that qatar will give all they got in their match but kor is already qualified and not that motivated.so a draw in both those matches will mean automatic qualification for iran and a 3rd place finish for uzb.

Mar 7, 2004
If we win the next match then Uzbekistan has only 1 more point and both teams have played 6 matches (right now UZB has 1 more)

Then Iran has Lebanon and Korea
Uzbekistan has Qatar and Korea

very hard task but UZB also has a very very hard task, maybe harder than Iran.